CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

well considering the ridiculous amount they make with req sales they really should'nt have to. Somebody (obviously not ESL, @@Timo would back me on this) has all that REQ money and wherever it is it's not going into tournament's anymore, which is honestly quite pathetic since all of the LAN's we've had since worlds have been massively underfunded with really weak crowd numbers. Something isn't right, and it definitely isn't ESL's fault.

Yep, ESL doesn't have any control over where REQ money goes. 

tumblr_nwoikcmQp11toe7eko1_400.gif

I called him on that like 2 days ago.  Saw you quote me in my feed, then delete it.  haha You have been sitting on this response for days haven't you?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Out of curiosity, would you rather see:

343i take $200,000 from the Prize Pool and put it towards developing the AM scene(Opens, supporting locals, prize pool for opens)

or

Leave that $200,000 in the Prize Pool?

343i take $200,000 from the Prize Pool and put it towards developing the AM scene(Opens, supporting locals, prize pool for opens)

or

Commented on something like this a few days ago

The Halo 4 Global Championship effect, MS loves to blow their load on 1 event for whatever reason (marketing I'm guessing) then the scene dramatically shrinks until the next major game or tourney. While 2.5 million is awesome for H5, I rather see a lot of it put into Pro League or other major events to foster the scene longer.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

or

Opens...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Commented on something like this a few days ago

I said the exact same thing back when the HCS championship prize pool was announced. I did not agree with that much money being giving out for only one tourney. I would have preferred it to be split for multiple tourneys.

Because orgs like holding out last second for that competitive advantage? No idea blah blah contracts blah blah.

Yea don't wanna get pros jumping down your throats like the whole NV debacle last time.

Can we make this tournament double elimination for Cooper, it's how he would've wanted it

*Double elim with a single elim grand finals. That's how he'd want it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

or

What prize pool? the 1 million worlds pool?  I would rather they take some money and use it to beef up the prize pool for pro league placements, AM placements and Open lan pools.  spread the wealth a bit.  A giant 1 mil+ tourney at the end though does have  a nice ring to it compared to 800k

Sorta OT and DP, but is there any scuttlebutt out there about who is replacing Che yet?

Sorta OT and DP, but is there any scuttlebutt out there about who is replacing Che yet?

i know he just took a different job recently, but I would love to see Walshy in that position.

Any idea who's taking over for the HCS now? Seems official, best of luck to Che.

3255d453fa554fd9f090c4cd5f3bea15.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

Oh it's lit. Best of 13 between NV and LG? Thanks Team Beyond and @@Saucey! Hope this works out and everyone feels this is direction H5 needs to go. I know I'll be watching. 

Oh it's lit. Best of 13 between NV and LG? Thanks Team Beyond and @@Saucey! Hope this works out and everyone feels this is direction H5 needs to go. I know I'll be watching. 

Unless 343i pays attention to the event, and responds to it then the event is essentially worthless. 

Oh and I'm wondering exactly why the two teams (Envyus/LG) were chosen, just curious.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Batchford is still on Infused.

Story was that he found out they were going to drop him so he left, SLG was going to go to Infused but decided to stay with Pulse. Leaving Infused to pick Batchford up again.

From SpetiQ

I not surprised slg stayed with pulse i was shocked when i heard the rumours in the first place. Im glad he stayed they are a really good team with loads of potential.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Unless 343i pays attention to the event, and responds to it then the event is essentially worthless.

Oh and I'm wondering exactly why the two teams (Envyus/LG) were chosen, just curious.

I think the best thing we can do is support this event to the fullest.

I'm willing to shift my attention and $ away from HCS and towards Anyone willing to provide a better viewer experience in H5 if 343i chooses to continue to twiddle their thumbs.

• Upvote (+1) 6