CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If you want to get anything out of the current system you need to grind like a no life and always play with a full team to stay in the top champion. 1-50 with xp >

• Upvote (+1) 5

They could add tiers to level 50 also, to address the issue of separating 'pros from joes' and all that. But honestly I don't think that matters so much. 

my idea was keep the bronze through onyx ranks but assign a number to it using the 1-50 system.

So 1-30 would be bronze 1 to diamond 6 then you'd be an onyx 30 and rank up to onyx 50 or I guess they could call 50s champs

• Upvote (+1) 4

always play with a full team to stay in the top champion. 

Isn't this the truth. If the playerbase is as populous as they claim, I should have 0 issues finding 4v4 arena matches against lone wolves. Instead it's me as a Plat 4 against teams of 4 Onyx every other game. Doesn't make me want to jump to play.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Biggest downside to 1-50 was derankers. The current system fixes derankers in theory, but in practice it feels like there is nothing to work towards. I don't feel there are enough players to warrant me grinding out of plat/diamond into Onyx, and if I hit Onyx, would moving up tiny numbers at a time feel worth it?

I could play for "love of the game" but with matchmakings current state that isn't going to happen, this isn't Halo 1.

The current system doesn't work. Every season it should forget what you did in your last. Play them 10 games and match you higher up the ranks on wins a lot faster ( not 2/3 in gold then try plat, be aggressive, up and downs) and personal performance, being top of the team, high kda, caps, flag runs etc should all count towards the rank, as should betraying, quiting, not playing obj and going massively negative etc should.

I have got into Onxy a few times but less now as I'm soloing a hell of a lot more. Nornally stuck in plat even though I'm putting up silly numbers and playing obj hard. But not a lot you can do when plat has the biggest skill gap in the game and you have players that should be silver on your team goosing or quiting, it's not there fault but the systems.

Biggest downside to 1-50 was derankers. The current system fixes derankers in theory, but in practice it feels like there is nothing to work towards. I don't feel there are enough players to warrant me grinding out of plat/diamond into Onyx, and if I hit Onyx, would moving up tiny numbers at a time feel worth it?

I could play for "love of the game" but with matchmakings current state that isn't going to happen, this isn't Halo 1.

Deranking is so easy in this game lol. Just throw your placement games and get bronze. Play till Gold and then rinse and repeat on as many tags as you want. With unlimited XBL accounts we will never be able to stop deranking.

Isn't this the truth. If the playerbase is as populous as they claim, I should have 0 issues finding 4v4 arena matches against lone wolves. Instead it's me as a Plat 4 against teams of 4 Onyx every other game. Doesn't make me want to jump to play.

if its as populous as they claim, I'd have finished my free for all placements instead of constantly getting "Not Enough Players" because I always hop on FFA too late

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't mean to interrupt this important dialogue regarding the future of competitive halo but Lethul just called a sex hotline on stream. 

More important than no radar right here.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Deranking is so easy in this game lol. Just throw your placement games and get bronze. Play till Gold and then rinse and repeat on as many tags as you want. With unlimited XBL accounts we will never be able to stop deranking.

What is so bad about deranking and why do people do it?

I don't it, like Smurf accounts or somthing? Noob stomping?

if its as populous as they claim, I'd have finished my free for all placements instead of constantly getting "Not Enough Players" because I always hop on FFA too late

I've completely given up on trying to get rated in FFA and I only play my 10 games per season in it.

What is so bad about deranking and why do people do it?

I don't it, like Smurf accounts or somthing? Noob stomping?

Deranking is me making a new account, purposely playing like ass for my 10 placement matches, ranking bronze, and then absolutely stomping bronze kids. Essentially making the game think you suck and once you are ranked you can guarantee you play against low ranked kids and ruin their lives.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Deranking is me making a new account, purposely playing like ass for my 10 placement matches, ranking bronze, and then absolutely stomping bronze kids. Essentially making the game think you suck and once you are ranked you can guarantee you play against low ranked kids and ruin their lives.

That is impossible to stop as you say. If this ranking system waa built around trying to stop that, then wow

The only thing it solves is that you are pretty unlikely to get a deranker on your team unless you are bronze. H3 felt like 1/2 of the games I played under lvl 40 had a deranker in them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only thing it solves is that you are pretty unlikely to get a deranker on your team unless you are bronze. H3 felt like 1/2 of the games I played under lvl 40 had a deranker in them.

I've heard H3 was easily abusable especially with ranking up easily. Supposedly H2's system (aside from te cheating) was much better.

Also, with the way this ranking system works, having bronze derankers play with like one onyx guy allows the entire team to match low level kids and let's people post to champ with little resistance. It's just a mess

• Upvote (+1) 2

That is impossible to stop as you say. If this ranking system waa built around trying to stop that, then wow

They need to do something like other games do. Make you reach a certain level before you can play Arena. Unfortunately, everything is ranked so there is no viability to this strategy. Ultimately, they fucked up.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I've heard H3 was easily abusable especially with ranking up easily. Supposedly H2's system (aside from te cheating) was much better.

Also, with the way this ranking system works, having bronze derankers play with like one onyx guy allows the entire team to match low level kids and let's people post to champ with little resistance. It's just a mess

That's exactly how H3 boosting worked. You'd have some low level account with a million losses play with someone and you'd just end up playing against idiots while the system thinks you are amazing for winning with this garbage player on your team.

@@SemperFi  UGC talked about doing showmatches, would be cool if one of them had no radar with pros playing it!

UGC did? When? Do you mean the broadcast that was live Friday cause that is Platinum 5 (My company), we're running the online seeding tournaments for the ugc event. Sorry just trying to clarify.

I would be happy to get with @@PROVERB and see what we can make happen. ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's exactly how H3 boosting worked. You'd have some low level account with a million losses play with someone and you'd just end up playing against idiots while the system thinks you are amazing for winning with this garbage player on your team.

Damn. Guess this issue has been going on for a while now.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

UGC did? When? Do you mean the broadcast that was live Friday cause that is Platinum 5 (My company), we're running the online seeding tournaments for the ugc event. Sorry just trying to clarify.

I would be happy to get with @@PROVERB and see what we can make happen. ;)

I think proverb mentioned it during the last broadcast

I just find it ridiculous that the burden has to be put on TB to run a poll when they have their little HCS Summit. They either do not listen to the pros at the summit, or they are too shy to speak up at an in person meeting.

Didn't Ace say they didnt even talk about settings at the Summit? It was some huge issue that was never mentioned. I could be wrong though.