CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

they should honestly just bring back the 1-50 system with exp progression. That made me grind to no end. The game isn't rewarding enough in matchmaking right now.

the game isnt even fun too

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

matchmaking isn't fun so the game is dying 

Yeah I dont even touch MM or Halo on Xbox. Don't tell me Im not a Halo fan, but use my lack of Halo game time as proof the Halo audience is not taken well care of.

The most infuriating part is that they can fix it, but their consistent opacity is putting off even the most hardline fans.

The only people on MM right now are Warzone warriors, battered Halo fans who havent given up and the casual who randomly decides to throw in the Halo 5 disc in his xbox that day.

The Pros should be concerned about the state of MM. Less new fans to throw money at them. Unless somehow Halo because a super low populated game that some how manages to hold 1 million dollar tourneys and pay the Pros respectively. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The only people on MM right now are Warzone warriors, battered Halo fans who havent given up and the casual who randomly decides to throw in the Halo 5 disc in his xbox that day.

Very true. I can find a match in WZ at any time of day in 10 seconds, but it'll usually take me 30 seconds - 1 minute on Arena. Even on YouTube, you can easily tell where the fanbase is when iSpiteful is the guy making the most amount of views.

• Downvote (-1) 2

They were on break after the LAN. Glad to see you actually did your research

Yep, this guy asking if the Pro League is still going on in the HCS thread is so dumb, who does he think he is coming into the HCS thread to ask people who follow the HCS if it is still continuing.

But hey, he should have done some research.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yep, this guy asking if the Pro League is still going on in the HCS thread is so dumb, who does he think he is coming into the HCS thread to ask people who follow the HCS if it is still continuing.

But hey, he should have done some research.

Ya, seriously. Posting a question here is my research.

But alas posting here is like typing in a question in google. If the only result google ever returned was "go fuck yourself asshole".

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ya, seriously. Posting a question here is my research.

But alas posting here is like typing in a question in google. If the only result google ever returned was "go fuck yourself asshole".

Your avatar fills my soul.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why is the community here so hostile?

Get negged bomed for asking what is going on with a league that hasn't been on in weeks. Sorry not everyone follows h5 esports closely.

Because of the way you said it and if you had been "looking" you would have seen the open LAN that was happening during the time.

The most infuriating part is that they can fix it, but their consistent opacity is putting off even the most hardline fans.

They can fix it but its possible that theyre too incompetent. I dont know if its possible but they should look into an option that would let someone host custom games instead of playing on "dedicated servers." The lag in matchmaking is understandable to a degree. Veto in matchmaking would be great too. Ive posted on reddit that the game felt like it was in beta when it launched and still feels that way in some aspects.

Because of the way you said it and if you had been "looking" you would have seen the open LAN that was happening during the time.

They can't have pro league games during the week after a LAN? Why?

• Upvote (+1) 1

So 91.2% of Pro Players prefer MLG being involved in at least some way, whether it be running the entire thing or coexisting with ESL. Who woulda thunk it?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 9

the game isnt even fun too

I will say this much, the reason i grind is to get better and hopefully be one of the best players in the game one day, however this game specifically doesn't make me want to do that on its own like H3 did.  I didnt even know about MLG or anything back in H3 i just got on and wanted to play octagon and do really well in matchmaking and maybe get a 50 in lonewolves or get a sick clip.  I love the competitive aspect of the game, but if i was a brand new player to halo with H5 im not sure how much i could take of arena before i gave up.  I came into H5 already better than most players (like a mid-high onyx) and i pretty much only play with the same people all day, and i have been following the scene for years, and thats where the motivation to play comes from.  I can deal with the constant shit servers, lag  outs, garbage updates and general incompetence from 343 because of motivation that was there before H5 and factors 343 doesnt control. 

What im trying to say is, what got me to grind and play and be active in the community wasn't really any qualities of H5 or 343, it was a passion that i got from the past halos.  We need that back, a game that attracts new players and makes them passionate about the game, only then will we grow to what we once were.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I really hope 343 takes this poll into account when looking at changes for next season.

They probably won't though, unfortunately.

I really hope 343 takes this poll into account when looking at changes for next season.

They probably won't though, unfortunately.

Last time there was a poll, an entire gametype was removed from the rotation. I'm hopeful Season 3 will come with multiple changes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just find it ridiculous that the burden has to be put on TB to run a poll when they have their little HCS Summit. They either do not listen to the pros at the summit, or they are too shy to speak up at an in person meeting.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Why is the community here so hostile?

Get negged bomed for asking what is going on with a league that hasn't been on in weeks. Sorry not everyone follows h5 esports closely.

Everyone is just angry lately, its not you

• Upvote (+1) 5

343, your move.

"We've added three new REQ's based on feedback, we're constantly checking reddit and the forums"

• Upvote (+1) 5