CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

"We debate, we laugh, we argue, and in the end we force radar into competitive and ensure there are as many automatic weapons on the map as possible. If something isn't working, we tend to double down on it, then while everyone is fighting our double down we see if we can sneak something like Binary Rifles onto a map. If something should be changed but needs development time, we can communicate with players directly that we're evaluating changes for a future season, then distract them with a bunch of bad maps and settings so that everything remains at status quo. Ultimately, it's about providing an open and regular line of communication and collecting feedback on all things from the best players in the world, then ignoring the majority of that while feasting on the tears of the idiots posting on those little Team Beyond forums," explained Bravo.

:kappa:

this made me nearly spit out my lunch. thank you

• Upvote (+1) 1

we can't even get pros to attend a 22.5k lan but they are gonna play in an experimental online 1k? 

i don't c it

I think some of the pros have gotten pretty comfortable with playing from their homes and not having to travel to win money. If anything they are more likely to play in it. Don't have to do anything but sit down and play. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just watched a vid of Maniac playing the new cod beta (because they never put out Halo content). The first thing he says is it feels like Halo 5. I cant even. 

To be fair, it did kinda look like H5, it was a slightly slower more grounded Blops3 so.... Kind of like H5.

I like this idea a lot, but if we're going to do anything like it, we should go all out and get the game settings where we think they should be competitively (no radar, minimalized autos, rekajiggered power weapons). And I can't expect or even ask pros to do anything, but if this tournament were able to come together, it'd be a good platform for them to say "I like these settings more and for these reasons, and here's the things I would keep or change". If the pros are serious about setting changes, that might be a good way to unify it all.

Stick with no radar only.  If you change too many things and the game plays like shit, that makes it harder to tell what was fucking up what.  It's better to make a small change, play with it for a bit, make another small change, repeat.  Changing too many settings also makes it harder on the people that are running the custom lobbies.

we can't even get pros to attend a 22.5k lan but they are gonna play in an experimental online 1k? 

i don't c it

A few hours sitting at home on the internet =/= 5 days (including travel) of being away from home.  People will do it because its easy.

• Upvote (+1) 3

FkPV626.png

OMG!  i wanted to downrep just for the irony of it, by couldn't do it.

Is it just me or does Infinite Warfare just look like a Black Ops 3 expansion?

(Sorry for the OT post)

Every Cod release since AW has been an expansion of it.

If I had any photoshop skills at all I would put Tibby's face on one of these and Lethul's on the other.

I'll let you guess which would be which... :kappa:

The left one sorta does look like tibbs

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is Barvo the community manager for 343?  If so why isn't he on here laughing at our memes and responding (in a measured way) to our feedback?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is Barvo the community manager for 343?  If so why isn't he on here laughing at our memes and responding (in a measured way) to our feedback?

yUkc8ON.png

'do community stuff'

is that not clear enough for you?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

OK, now that people are talking about no radar customs I'll put my input in on this, having played them with LIFESTYLE.

It really isn't random, and I wasn't using a mic either. The only problem I see with no radar is people using thrust bumps, which are kind of a problem on Regret where you can get to top middle pretty easily. Auto use didn't really tone down at all I found, as people would still use them for ambushes and regular use. I do find it to be a better experience overall, it really does keep you more alert as you dont know what's coming.

yUkc8ON.png

'do community stuff'

is that not clear enough for you? :kappa:

He's no longer a community manger if I'm correct, and he really only interacts with the r/halo community as the only criticism they get is with WZ farming.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

i don't c it

Which is why we should have one of the Astro 4v4s be no radar. I really doubt Astro is going to stop sponsoring online 1k tournaments because we had one that didn't match HCS settings.

Which is why we should have one of the Astro 4v4s be no radar. I really doubt Astro is going to stop sponsoring online 1k tournaments because we had one that didn't match HCS settings.

i mean TB might be contractually obligated to run tournies that mirror the official settings

also it's unfair that TB has to assume the responsibility, nothing is stoping the community from organizing this themselves 

• Upvote (+1) 4