CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

While this may be true, it's only valid if they're directly, hands-on involved in creating competitive Halo settings.

Very true.  And if they aren't... that's just another symptom of priority mismanagement imo

Dumb question, but why hasn't 343 Pro Team played OpTic in a series yet (unless I missed it) for fun? Hell, start a pot for the winning party to donate the money to charity or something. Get a community cast going, just a random idea.

Or they could play against an "all stars" team made from current pro players and voted on by the community.  That might make it a little more fair haha.  Obviously each team would have to choose a single "representative" that would be in the vote, otherwise it would just end up being OpTic vs Pro Team anyway

• Upvote (+1) 5

EU Pro League Week 3 Stats

FabE:

aKZFwU4.jpg

Vibe:

tVe9DFH.jpg

Infused:

AoexdJK.jpg

VwS:

poBFwNa.jpg

Pulse: 

b0CRhfs.jpg

Prophecy:

GPwcbyT.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

3 things:

and lastly, as much as I would love love love a legit no-radar format 4v4, i am not sure how good of an example it would be given that the participating teams wont have had much/any practice without radar. Any no radar 4v4 that is ran i want to be able to show to 343 and be like, "see THIS is the gameplay that people need to see." No radar with no practice might seem too random? Is that legit, or am i just worrying too much? I guess if we waited to host a no radar tourney until players had practice with no radar it would be too late....

I agree with this but they also shouldn't practice this because it'll create bad habits, like making less crouch plays. Its a catch 22

• Upvote (+1) 3

I agree with this but they also shouldn't practice this because it'll create bad habits, like making less crouch plays. Its a catch 22

Yeah good point.  Just do it and see what happens.  though, the last thing i want to see is some pro's complain during a game about getting surprised by a flank because of no radar and being like, "I wish I had radar for that" because they are so used to using it as a crutch.  343 sees that and goes "see, we were right".

As an aside, i have been bashing 343 more lately and i am not sure why.  The lack of some basic, core, staple halo features and the stubborn stagnation of mediocre competitive settings has always bugged me, but its really gotten under my skin lately, so forgive the negativity.  Im going to blame Gears

• Upvote (+1) 4

Or they could play against an "all stars" team made from current pro players and voted on by the community.  That might make it a little more fair haha.  Obviously each team would have to choose a single "representative" that would be in the vote, otherwise it would just end up being OpTic vs Pro Team anyway

I remember they did that in MCC with H2C. Was pretty one-sided though because the pro team was quad-hosting from the 343 studios while all sitting next to eachother.

Was still fun to watch though, and would be interesting for Halo 5.

I know this is satire, but I would never read one negative post and write everyone else off  :simms:

However, my post saying I would host a no radar tournament was negged to hell by more than (1) person...so.. you know....

It really is fine by me, I have the *rare* interaction with 343, and the Beyond Staff has 0 input on any decision making process in the HCS *unless* the community and pros collectively riot on social media and the forums. When you boil it down, us doing this is a lot of extra time, work, and effort on top of what we already do for the community tournament wise (4-6 tournaments every month + 4 broadcasts). The HCS team at 343 should really be leading the charge on this stuff considering they make all the decisions, hold feedback sessions, invite pros out to the studio, and see these players in person at events (one being HCS OC). I will not lie and say that it is frustrating that we now potentially have to carry this "testing settings" burden.

I don't think that testing setting or leading the charge should be on y'all either. The sad reality is that it has become this way, out of necessity for change. Your tournaments are ran extremely well and usually have around 100 teams sign up for them. It is a perfect opportunity to start creating momentum for the removal of radar in the competitive setting. I would also be surprised if you didn't have more teams sign up for no radar tournaments than you do now.

I hate that it puts you and your team in a difficult position. I was just thinking the other day about what we as a community need to do to start positively creating change in the things we want to see. A truly competitive tournament run by you is the best thing I could think of. I'm genuinely curious as to what you think would be the most effective thing for the community to do to create the changes we want?

• Upvote (+1) 5

I know I give the Forge McDonald's video a lot of shit for HCS filler, but this is pretty awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w476oJ0TfBc

Now this is the kind of stuff I want to see in down time when it comes to forge. It's a perfect "holy crap, you can do that in forge?" Now just have more than 1 and replace them with new ones every once and awhile and you got yourself some solid filler between matches

However, my post saying I would host a no radar tournament was negged to hell by more than (1) person...so.. you know....

I never saw you said that. The reason me and other people negged you was because of this.

It would have to be a separate "invitational" type of event for pro teams only. Like a 4 or 8 team tournament to make it interesting. 

Cant do this in our ASTRO 4v4 events as we want those to stay aligned with "current competitive settings".

And that a lot of people would like to play in it themselves probably.

But we really do need to make 343i understand that radar NEEDS to go! The most fun I've had in halo 5 was when the "crouch-jump-no-radar" bug was discovered and it was possible to move more freely on the map. When that was going on it started to become really fun playing. You could really tell who had good gamesense and who didn't which made the game more competitive and fun in my eyes. Gamesense is a big factor in comp. play that don't get to shine as bright when there is a radar involved.

Now, I haven't been grinding Halo 5 like I used to because of so much bullshit going on in the game atm. Mostly due to servers being completely trash here in EU, but also due to things like radar and stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 3

A question to the community. Would you support a req pack thats money went to HCS prize pools for more lans? Like it was at the begining. Say 343 releases a req pack that you can only purchase with money for lets say 5 dollars (this can vary). It has an exclusive armor and a helmet.   The whole proceeds go to lan prize pools. They do this every 3 months and we get a decent lans. This might not work but it might help boost Halo's esports scene. 

Open Lans

Yes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A question to the community. Would you support a req pack thats money went to HCS prize pools for more lans? Like it was at the begining. Say 343 releases a req pack that you can only purchase with money for lets say 5 dollars (this can vary). It has an exclusive armor and a helmet.   The whole proceeds go to lan prize pools. They do this every 3 months and we get a decent lans. This might not work but it might help boost Halo's esports scene. 

Open Lans

100% I would do this. I've purchased every Team Req packs so far to try and help support the scene. Most people are willing to spend a little money to help support, sometimes they cant just drop $100 or more to actually attend an event. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Open Lans

They could invest the $60 we all gave them for MCC into LANs.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I haven't read the last couple pages but I have some exciting Halo tips for all you noobs out there.  I got this new sweatshirt, and every time I play Halo while wearing it, I am unbeatable.  You GOTTA pick one of these up.

So who do I sue if the sweatshirt doesn't actually make me better at Halo?

• Upvote (+1) 4

So who do I sue if the sweatshirt doesn't actually make me better at Halo?

Then you should start hitting the pause button after every kill.

"We debate, we laugh, we argue, and in the end we force radar into competitive and ensure there are as many automatic weapons on the map as possible. If something isn't working, we tend to double down on it, then while everyone is fighting our double down we see if we can sneak something like Binary Rifles onto a map.

:kappa:

SAWs? They tried sneaking those in there a few times before it actually stuck.

So either the Pro Players are not telling them what they want on these calls, or 343 is not listening. I have no idea, and honestly its a little tiresome at this point.

Based on just some of the posts the pros have posted on here (w/e thats worth) it would appear to be the latter. But yes it is.

Change seems to only happen when their backs are against a wall, otherwise goodluck.