CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I would suggest a Naded vs Snipedown dance off but I'm pretty it would be a one sided contest in favor of Naded lol

I know I give the Forge McDonald's video a lot of shit for HCS filler, but this is pretty awesome

That's the thing, it was pretty awesome, but it's not very awesome the 50th time you see it

• Upvote (+1) 4

That's the thing, it was pretty awesome, but it's not very awesome the 50th time you see it

The Forge McDonald's video was never awesome :uncledrew:

I literally just offered to put up my own money to host a playtest no radar tournament, with competitors that have direct access to speak with 343/HCS team.

I guess that isn't good enough? Somehow? That's fine, we can just wait for the people at 343 who are paid to be doing this to step up!

in a forum full of positive, constructive feedback and criticism, why are you singling out the shit posts as representative of this fine community?

:lxthul:

:beyond: no radar 4v4  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Tonight might be my least cared about day in halo history I don't even have to will power to reply to Ace with a random comment

I love your trollitude, but you definitely care more than you let on.

"I don't care enough to tweet at Ace"

*Posts multiple times on TBY to convince people he doesn't care*

Love you papa

• Upvote (+1) 3

To be honest, The Batchpack has been a God since the last LAN. I'd like to see who he lands with next.... I think he'll attract some big EU names.

Batchford to vws? :thinking:

I know this is satire, but I would never read one negative post and write everyone else off  :simms:

However, my post saying I would host a no radar tournament was negged to hell by more than (1) person...so.. you know....

It really is fine by me, I have the *rare* interaction with 343, and the Beyond Staff has 0 input on any decision making process in the HCS. When you boil it down, us doing this is a lot of extra time, work, and effort on top of what we already do for the community tournament wise (4-6 tournaments every month + 4 broadcasts). The HCS team at 343 should really be leading the charge on this stuff considering they make all the decisions, hold feedback sessions, invite pros out to the studio, and see these players in person at events (one being HCS OC). I will not lie and say that it is frustrating that we now potentially have to carry this "testing settings" burden.

i may be reading into this a bit, but i'm pretty sure the down rep was because you said this wouldnt be for the astro 4v4 as you want to keep those close to competitive settings. quite certain virtually everyone would love to see a no radar tourney though. 

but i think you knew that

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did Ghost used to work on settings? Wonder what he is working on nowadays...

This is only a couple months old, but I believe it's @@Bravo & @@Deez

More recently, 343 established the HCS Council in order to determine the rules that will be used for the inaugural Halo Championship Series: Pro League that started this week. Andy "Bravo" Dudynsky (Community Manager, Halo Championship Series Lead) and Quinn DelHoyo (Multiplayer Designer) are two of many people that have been intimately involved in the development of Halo esports from the very beginning. They played a large role in the establishment and operations of the HCS Council.

"The goal for the HCS Council is to ensure that we're growing Halo esports in the best way possible, across all aspects of the league. In order to do it right, it's important to work alongside our top players, leverage their knowledge and expertise, and partner with them on continuing to grow Halo's competitive scene. We want to create a league we're proud of, a league that players love playing in and a league that fans love watching," said Bravo.

343 sought direct input from the players themselves when deliberating over the competitive ruleset. It conducted weekly calls with current professional players to ensure that no stone was left unturned in its quest to offer the best competitive Halo experience possible to both pro players and the community.

"When it comes to Halo multiplayer, Halo has a ton of fans and lots of different communities that have an opinion on the game. With that in mind, we think it's always important to get feedback from as large a variety of players as possible. The HCS Council is important because it provides an opportunity for pro players and us to have a direct link to facilitate conversation on the state of the game. These guys compete in Halo at the highest level so their feedback is very valuable as it gives us an improved perspective at that level of play," said DelHoyo.

The calls have been beneficial to both the players and the developers, according to DelHoyo. "The calls have been good. Any time you get a bunch of passionate people together in a room you'll get active debate on changes and exciting discussions around future ideas."

The process has not been simple though, as is expected when many voices speak their opinions on something they are passionate about. "It's difficult to get everyone to agree on everything, but that's also not the expectation. There are times when players debate power weapon locations, map/game type combinations, and everything in between. There may be five different opinions expressed, sometimes more. This type of feedback is exactly what we're looking for, though: what is working well, what do some teams love, what do some teams dislike, and, most importantly, why? These calls give us an opportunity to have meaningful conversations about all sorts of things, and the design teams here at the studio can take this feedback to answer the question of 'how can we build the best Halo multiplayer experience?'" added Bravo.

The partnership goes beyond the players and the developers in this case. 343 has also been partnering with ESL, producers of the HCS Pro League, to ensure open lines of communication across the board.

"We debate, we laugh, we argue, and in the end we collect all feedback and determine next steps with our dev team here and our partners at ESL. If something isn't working, we go back to the drawing board and revisit. If something should be changed but needs development time, we can communicate with players directly that we're evaluating changes for a future season, and let them know what stage we're at with the actual development work. Ultimately, it's about providing an open and regular line of communication and collecting feedback on all things from the best players in the world, " explained Bravo.

http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/16678973/halo-pros-work-343-fine-tune-game-balance

Not sure if you are just referring to the NA league as i believe that has closed but the transfer window has just opened in the EU league.

NA closes on the 23rd?

http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/16678973/halo-pros-work-343-fine-tune-game-balance

343 sought direct input from the players themselves when deliberating over the competitive ruleset. It conducted weekly calls with current professional players to ensure that no stone was left unturned in its quest to offer the best competitive Halo experience possible to both pro players and the community.

So either the Pro Players are not telling them what they want on these calls, or 343 is not listening. I have no idea, and honestly its a little tiresome at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Did Ghost used to work on settings? Wonder what he is working on nowadays...

Used to, in Halo 4.

Except for initial map layouts, he hasn't had much hand in Halo 5.

Though he is responsible for the Song of Peace on Rig.

Sooooo....ghost doesn't sound involved anymore. Shame. I didn't always agree with him but he never rested on "good enough". Always testing things out, always trying to make it better.

Used to, in Halo 4.

Except for initial map layouts, he hasn't had much hand in Halo 5.

Though he is responsible for the Song of Peace on Rig.

Yea, I knew he was in H4 (trying to make something decent from the mess). Wasn't sure about H5.

Sooooo....ghost doesn't sound involved anymore. Shame. I didn't always agree with him but he never rested on "good enough". Always testing things out, always trying to make it better.

Most of the things people didn't agree with him on were things I'd talked him into testing, for the sake of saying "We tried this and CONFIRMED it didn't work, we didn't just cut it because people said cut it."

This is why I have the utmost respect for him as someone to compile settings for competitive Halo.

3 things:

Mikwen's posts on here are quickly making him one of my favorite pro's. Other than RoyBox because 5k is the reason I give a shit about competitive halo in the first place  :D

Last night at the end of the EG scrims Ninja said (and was correct given the current state of the settings) that "We all really need to make more crouch plays".  Thats just fucking sad  :tear:

and lastly, as much as I would love love love a legit no-radar format 4v4, i am not sure how good of an example it would be given that the participating teams wont have had much/any practice without radar.  Any no radar 4v4 that is ran i want to be able to show to 343 and be like, "see THIS is the gameplay that people need to see."  No radar with no practice might seem too random?  Is that legit, or am i just worrying too much?  I guess if we waited to host a no radar tourney until players had practice with no radar it would be too late....

• Upvote (+1) 3

Guys, just because you work somewhere doesn't mean your voice is heard. Hell, it could be, I think you know what I mean though.

Please keep comments respectful btw.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I do think they have all been separated from true high-level gameplay for too long. When is the last time that they all really competed in a halo game? Other than a couple token H4 tourneys or something

While this may be true, it's only valid if they're directly, hands-on involved in creating competitive Halo settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1