CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Just because I am getting tagged in all these ESA production-related posts want to clarify: I am not replying, not because I am ignoring you, but because ESL had no involvement in this production. 

...so basically, it's Worlds Liquid minus the Liquid manager, analyst, and coach?

Does this mean you were the problem?  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 2

This unfortunately is true, we had open events religiously about every 4 months for a good 2 years I think? Came to the point we were struggling to bag double digit teams.

Still never say never, an open eu Lan sometime in the near future is a heavy topic of discussion in the office but it's how we execute it which is vital. If we do it, we do it right. I want to be able to give Europe a good 4/5 months notice so they can save money for flights/travel etc along with having it centralised and easily accessible to the north/south and people flying in from EU.

Not confirming an eu Lan in anyway btw, a lot of things need to happen, just confirming it's an option thats certainly been discussed.

Should've struck when the iron was hot IMO it's too late for a worthy EU LAN just by judging the current state of the community.

The Open Circuit gets 20-25 teams a week roughly in S2 Challengers, S1 Challengers had around 40-45 each week and the HWC EU Qualifier had 55-65 teams. With a fresh game and a worthy prize pool to match it had potential to be huge but you see the numbers getting smaller each round of tournaments now. 

Speaking personally I got into playing competitive Halo with Halo 5, been crying for LAN all year but my interest levels in playing have dropped due the 100% online factor for EU. The game needs an overhaul in settings & AM format to bring back some players and ignite the scene once again. I've now moved on to Gears and booked my flights for London Open LAN in December.

With that said if an Open LAN does get announced for next year I shall see you there, whether I'm playing or not I still want to support the EU Community.  :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just because I am getting tagged in all these ESA production-related posts want to clarify: I am not replying, not because I am ignoring you, but because ESL had no involvement in this production. 

No wonder it went so well.

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Wow nice production Timo. 

:simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Reminder that going into worlds there were 3 teams that could take 4 games off CLG in scrims and they were RNG, EG, and TL. And TL beat both of the other teams too. RNG and EG never scrimmed because they were in the same pool.

There were also one of two teams to go undefeated in their worlds pool. Lost 3 games the whole tournament and were eliminated in 5th-8th. Allegiance lost 11 games and got 2nd.

• Upvote (+1) 5

there are every few legitimate reasons for pro teams not to go to every event

if the community and players don't support events it doesn't matter what TO's or 343 do,

they could throw the best event ever but if players don't show up and viewers don't tune in it doesn't mean a damn thing

• Upvote (+1) 4

Feel bad for Renegade. Ive been a fan since he was destroying last season in the open circuit. Feels a bit weird they wouldn't go with him considering they got their first two wins with him.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's still your fault.

The community's reaction however to these comments was pretty indicative that what he said was at least partially true.

I don't subscribe to the notion that someones reaction to your instigation is proof of anything. I love T2 but this is not the first time he has done this. In my mind this is T2 (skinny bully) and the community (big kid). Actually there are multiple occasions as a community member I feel this way.

https://youtu.be/isfn4OxCPQs

You gonna be one of those people that gets made at the big kid?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I feel bad for Renegade, he played really well and helped them get a couple good wins, but picking up Eco makes way too much sense for this squad.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I feel bad for Renegade, he played really well and helped them get a couple good wins, but picking up Eco makes way too much sense for this squad.

They never placed well when they teamed in the past, but I'm excited to see how they do this time around.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well let's just hope that it stays that way.

Edit: MLG>

• Downvote (-1) 15

Well, for our first tourney as a team we did get outed in the second round, (had a bye game the first round), keep in mind we have only been playing together for a couple of days while our opponents have been playing together for a while now. I not making excuses they were better than us... for now... we have a lot to learn and a long couple weeks ahead of us before UGC. In the spare time we will continue to grind and try and pick up some scrims, I look forward to this team even though we had a rough start, I imagine everybody did their in their first tourney, that being said, I feel like we will grow and climb up the ladder... I look forward to seeing you guys in scrims and at UGC. 

I respect the grind. Good luck man

Edit: 

Tip I learned competing in Fighting Games and Halo 5. You can put a 100 games down and learn nothing when you're playing for the sake of playing. But if you're self analyzing, actively looking at holes in your gameplay, even 5 games could be incredibly beneficial to you. The art of getting better is self analyzing yourself, looking at your losses (it sucks I know) and not looking at other teams as a stepping stone, but being better than you were yesterday. Good luck again

• Upvote (+1) 2

No problem, good conversations are always fun. I just don't think the burden should be placed on the players.343 and its partners need to be doing a better job of promoting this stuff and making it more accessible for the players. 

i completely agree that 343 needs to do better promoting this. putting up event information within the game is not enough especially if they want new blood for competing/spectating. i dont think they need to go as far as tv ads, but trying to work with as man orgs as possible to promote and host live events shouldnt be hard for them to do. someone said it earlier that its a 2 way street. 343 needs to start interacting with the people who are passionate about this scene and we need to fill "lans" to show them our support for those types of events. i dont see them listening to us if we cant help these events be successful. and if pros want to be paid to play this game then i think there is some responsibility to come to events. even though this isnt an hcs event, what kind of message does it send to potential partners and sponsors if the professional teams dont come (if we can pack small venues, the i see no reason that we can't catch the eye of larger TOs and really build this thing more). it kinda seems like it comes with the position to be that presence within the community. i dont mean that to sound crass b/c i think 343 and team sponsors should definitely pay the pros to come out and grow the brand. its on all of us to work as hard as possible to get halo back again. it looks to me like we're out of the rock bottom but there needs to be a lot of support from all parties involved.

I respect the grind. Good luck man

Edit: 

Tip I learned competing in Fighting Games and Halo 5. You can put a 100 games down and learn nothing when you're playing for the sake of playing. But if you're self analyzing, actively looking at holes in your gameplay, even 5 games could be incredibly beneficial to you. The art of getting better is self analyzing yourself, looking at your losses (it sucks I know) and not looking at other teams as a stepping stone, but being better than you were yesterday. Good luck again

thanks man, yeah we are going over the loss and figuring out what we can do differently  

there are every few legitimate reasons for pro teams not to go to every event

if the community and players don't support events it doesn't matter what TO's or 343 do,

they could throw the best event ever but if players don't show up and viewers don't tune in it doesn't mean a damn thing

This, but i  do think that the TOs and 343 have a responsibilty to work the people they depend on to be brand ambassadors. it really cuts both ways. that's why its so refreshing to have seen @@Phade work so hard to communicate with everyone involved to make the best event possible. if he hadn't, we'd still be talking about how much we hated it and any hopes for future events out there would be gone. if we can't support each other then the game fades away

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd love a Lethul Ola combo interview

Me too amigo me too. If only I could get them on at the same time

• Upvote (+1) 1