CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If most the pro teams especially Optic juice don't show up to the UGC event I can almost Guarantee it will be their last Halo event. If teams do show and it is a success they can hold more events with bigger prize pools. Just keep that in mind. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

We're going to UGC. Roster lock is Oct 17th, so we'll have our 4th by then. UGC is Oct 28-30.

There is no roster lock for this event. Rosters can be changed all the way up to check in at the door sir.

• Downvote (-1) 1

If most the pro teams especially Optic juice don't show up to the UGC event I can almost Guarantee it will be their last Halo event. If teams do show and it is a success they can hold more events with bigger prize pools. Just keep that in mind.

:(

There is no roster lock for this event. Rosters can be changed all the way up to check in at the door sir.

I think he meant for pro league

• Upvote (+1) 3

Great work this weekend. I know I'm far from alone in being amazed at how quickly and professionally you reacted to the criticisms posted here. The improvements were huge, and I'm so much more than stoked to come out to the Halo CE and Shadowrun tournament you guys are hosting.

I think it's the first time in a long time where I've seen an event take place, receive more than a lot of criticism, and see a representative speak up rather than hide. Not only did you speak but you followed through on your word and acted on it on numerous fronts. Getting that side camera out to the Most Wanted series was an incredible effort in showing us something that you guys had no plans on showing.

You killed it this weekend man, good stuff.

Is shadow run backwards compatible yet?

Is shadow run backwards compatible yet?

No it is not, and I don't expect it to be anytime soon despite the game title being shown in the original announcement. I was looking to organize a LAN myself at some point and reached out to a xbox rep asking if I should purchase xbox 360's and run it through there, or if it was a better investment to get X1's and wait for backwards compatibility. He responded and offered to donate 8 xbox 360's to me in order to run this LAN that was easily 8 months away from the time I initially reached out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

also has anyone seen this reddit thread: https://np.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/56lrgk/halo_pro_players_potentially_planning_a/

thoughts?

Who is the "Our" in "Our Demands"? Why is this person speaking for me or any other person in this community? How do Mikwen's comments allude to a "serious strike/non playing protest"? Did Mikwen not clarify a few posts later that he'd be playing? Where else is this person getting information on this "looming" strike? Am I taking crazy pills?

Also, while all of his grand ideas for a perfect Halo League sound dandy, where is the consideration for the contracts and structures already in place? I know close to nothing of how HCS proceeds behind the scenes, but one can't assume organizational switches are a press of a button. Where is the grammar, to top it off? IMO these uninformed manifestos serve the community poorly.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Who is the "Our" in "Our Demands"? Why is this person speaking for me or any other person in this community? How do Mikwen's comments allude to a "serious strike/non playing protest"? Did Mikwen not clarify a few posts later that he'd be playing? Where else is this person getting information on this "looming" strike? Am I taking crazy pills?

Also, while all of his grand ideas for a perfect Halo League sound dandy, where is the consideration for the contracts and structures already in place? I know close to nothing of how HCS proceeds behind the scenes, but one can't assume organizational switches are a press of a button. Where is the grammar, to top it off? IMO these uninformed manifestos serve the community poorly.

Yeah, it seemed like that guy was a little confused. His original post had something about pros wanting BR starts as well, which has since been edited out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So if observer mode can produce stats real time I wonder would 343 eventually allow for stat sites to produce stats real time  :walshy:

I don't think observer mode is what allows this, I think it's the dev kits and the build they use that allows real time stat tracking.

I'd rather didn't rely on it, though. It has been proven to be inaccurate a few times.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just woke up from sleeping. Probably going to sleep some more too lol. But quick response to this before i make a bigger post later tonight.

From feedback ive gotten about the retail boxes we had at Esports Arena there is negligible difference between them and the dev kits. I know Proverb and Austen havr a great internet setup like we do so it doesnt suprise me that people enjoyed playing at Chattanooga.

With that said, the fact there aren't dev kits at UGC should stop NO ONE from attending (providing they have a quality low ping internet) and enjoying the game and tournament.

Please support UGC and PGL as much as you supported me and Esports Arena on Sunday.

You are the real MVP good job I know how stressful events can be you handled it very well. Congrats

Maybe it would have gotten more viewers if it was on the actual halo channel? isn't this obvious.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Tuned in to the stream and heard that they were using continuation and that NV would have to win two back to back series vs Optic to win. Turned it off. Continuation is one of the dumbest things about esports.

"Welcome to the Super Bowl!!! Falcons vs Broncos. This is the most important game of the season!!! But remember, Atlanta beat Denver in week 5 so if Denver wins the SB, they don't actually win!! Stay tuned for a second SB which totally trivializes the importance of the first one!! It's amazing!!! Everyone remembers 2007 when in  week 17 the patriots beat the giants to go 16-0. The giants then upset the ptriots in the super bowl to win...nothing!! Then they played again because everyone knows the SB means nothing!!!"

Dumb

Cooper is that you?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe it would have gotten more viewers if it was on the actual halo channel? isn't this obvious.

Stop with the negativity guys omg

• Upvote (+1) 6