CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

same

top 3 seems real apparent to me at this point

The only thing that is apparent to me right now is that CLG is top 1 and optic is on the bottom.  Some of these rosters look good on paper, but there has been a lot of turnover and nobody has played any games that ACTUALLY MATTER yet.  If we judged nV last season off scrims, they wouldn't have made the lan.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The only thing that is apparent to me right now is that CLG is top 1 and optic is on the bottom.  Some of these rosters look good on paper, but there has been a lot of turnover and nobody has played any games that ACTUALLY MATTER yet.  If we judged nV last season off scrims, they wouldn't have made the lan.

Which is why it's a prediction and not holy scripture. I'll be the first to admit I'm usually wrong and my predictions rarely amount to shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How is Liquid apparent as the 3rd place team???

"apparent to me"

gut feeling mostly

from scrim results it would be hard to justify liquid as obvious #3

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nick was right with the drop obviously.  If Str8 was as good a teammate as he was an individual player, he would be on a pro-league team. If Ace or aPG was dropped they would have ended up on a pro-league team.

You're kidding me right? How is he a bad teammate? Have no idea how you could assume that other than speculation. He was the one who was at home grinding and playing while Maniac and the other OG members were fucking off making a vlog or watching their actually successful COD counterparts win shit. 

And APG going to a pro team if he was dropped? HAH. Ace, yeah most definitely. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

ahh the good old opinions so you can't question it since we're all entitled to one right? great convo

yeah, very droll....... your original comment was dripping with sarcasm you're hardly trying to hold a great convo yourself. 

"apparent to me"

gut feeling mostly

from scrim results it would be hard to justify liquid as obvious #3

I just saw 2 people back to back say it when it doesn't really make any sense to me for people to say that. I'd say them and LG are the next in line as far as how teams have played though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nick was right with the drop obviously.  If Str8 was as good a teammate as he was an individual player, he would be on a pro-league team. If Ace or aPG was dropped they would have ended up on a pro-league team.

No one from Optic would have been on a Pro League team, Ace is the only one I could see still being there if they disbanded.

• Upvote (+1) 1

could it not be possible to do that with consoles? Just have the team captains set up a custom game?

It would be a shit show. All the CSGO 3rd party clients do everything automatically. Having to manually invite people and report scores and setup gametypes would be a nightmare. It would essentially be gamebattles.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just saw 2 people back to back say it when it doesn't really make any sense to me for people to say that. I'd say them and LG are the next in line as far as how teams have played though.

imo it's realllllllly hard to judge teams at this point

this time last season OpTic was top 1.5

i think LG is going to surprise a lot of people

• Upvote (+1) 4

My logic:

They were the 4th place team last season, they got better, and their direct competition (teams competing for 3-4) got worse.

I'm not going to place any bets on Lan Valen's exclusive website, but I'm comfortable with the prediction, barring crazy roster changes.

Then why did they finish 7th in the Pro League.

• Downvote (-1) 4

yeah, very droll....... your original comment was dripping with sarcasm you're hardly trying to hold a great convo yourself.

Don't question my opinion please. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

this time last season OpTic was top 1.5

oh my god i forgot about that

back when they had naded and they were engaged in a qualification rivalry with RNG

funny how that turned out

• Upvote (+1) 2

Which is why it's a prediction and not holy scripture. I'll be the first to admit I'm usually wrong and my predictions rarely amount to shit.

Lol well yeah, and mine too! Predictions are fun to talk about but in the end "experts" and "laypeople" tend to be right and wrong the same amount.

Then why did they finish 7th in the Pro League.

I'm talking about the new Liquid, formerly known as Cloud9.

But I do think Luminosity (former Liquid) will do better than 7th this year. If I had to bet I'd give them the 4th spot.

It would be a shit show. All the CSGO 3rd party clients do everything automatically. Having to manually invite people and report scores and setup gametypes would be a nightmare. It would essentially be gamebattles.

True, though I wouldn't mind it. I'm sure the pros would, but strictly from a spectator stand point, it would be more fun to watch that rather than pub stomping over and over

Ok....what if i question your oestrogen levels?

You got really upset that I questioned liquid being 3rd sorry man I won't question your opinion anymore. 

P.S. Liquid not 3rd (in my opinion) 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Took 5 seconds to figure out how to rapid fire the AR.

Actually broken.

Should have quoted the other post but I feel like everyone should be talking about this exploit and doing what it takes to get it noticed and fixed. Please get as many pros to bring up this exploit to 343. Usually for something like this to get noticed the masses (casuals too) have to be abusing it.

So either we bring this to 343's attention asap and hope they fix or we inform and teach everyone possible how to do this exploit which would force 343 to fix it. It sounds backwards probably, saying that we should be making this as known as possible but I believe that's our best shot at solving the problem

• Upvote (+1) 2

You got really upset that I questioned liquid being 3rd sorry man I won't question your opinion anymore. 

P.S. Liquid not 3rd (in my opinion) 

Lmao at really upset. Seriously bro, check those oestrogen levels.... strokes are no laughing matter.

• Downvote (-1) 15

ORGs love halo currently because it's super low investment and has tremendous history

Outside of CLG, nV (potentially this season) and Optic (just how the organization is), wouldn't it be a negative ROI for someone to break into the Halo scene? Outside of World's, prize money isn't great, viewership isn't great, streamers aren't as profitable, and it seems no one is really taking full advantage of YouTube the way some of the other pro gamers do. Serious question right there Moses, I'd love your opinion on that. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

We look forward to competing in the HCS Fall Season with Ryan and Mike.

#PledgeAllegiance

Bold to announce that before the lock.

• Downvote (-1) 4