CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I started clawing a year ago, and it NEVER hurt. I got used to it after like two firefight games and a few octagons (I was playing Reach at the time). Am I clawing wrong? Are my hands just the perfect size? Will I lose all finger and wrist movement before I'm 20? I WAS JUST DOING IT BECAUSE SCUFS ARE A LOT OF MONEY!  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can't tell from here but if they're all from the same source, the browser should only have to load it once and then it'd be on the cache.

Good point +1

Genuinely curious, does anyone have any evidence that isn't anecdotal that supports the idea that clawing has a negative impact on your hands?

I'm sorry, so, so sorry...

...but, you're going to die.

That was some life changing  :intel: right there.  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did you just go back in my post history to try and neg bomb me because I negged a few of your posts for being insanely off topic? I don't even care, but that is embarrassing man. 

It's normal. @@MultiKill did that to me once. I have no idea why.

is Heinz still on ALG? according to his twitch title he is

In the sense that he's still an official member of the org for the time being, yes, but he's not on the team anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Genuinely curious, does anyone have any evidence that isn't anecdotal that supports the idea that clawing has a negative impact on your hands?

We really can only compare it to other body parts and also looking at conditions like arthritis and it's causes. Wear and tear on your joint's cartilage over time can cause it. Cartilage is not a muscle, it can wear out. Contorting your hand can stress your joints and their cartilage, doing so over time can cause such wear and tear. Hell ppl can get arthritis naturally without doing crazy stuff.

There may have been studied and I'm no expert so take that as you will.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This will probably be the last update regarding Team Beyond content until the HCS Fall Season begins in September, but I wanted to show off something that you guys were asking for. Click the spoiler button below for two more nifty GIFs!

Last night, there were a couple requests to track movement and various other moments during replays. Hopefully, this will allow the viewers to get a better understanding of flag routes, set ups, spawn zones, and much more. I just wanted to reiterate that there will be several components to this show so it won't be your every day generic game commentary. The plan is to have a very polished and entertaining series with instant replays, game analysis, and whatever else you can think of. The options are virtually limitless at this point.

YALr7kt.gif

Since the plan is to cover an entire series, it's important to display the current series score. There's plenty more work to do, but I think that briefly showing the series score periodically throughout the game without interrupting the main feed would be beneficial to the viewer. Just to be clear, the score won't appear as much as the GIF below.

Also, I updated the bottom panel to support every single map and gametype in the HCS rotation. The plan is to only use this specific panel for the beginning of each match. This is an easy way to know who is playing, when they played, and other information that may be important to the viewer.

Oh yeah, Luminosity and a couple EU teams have been added to the team list! You can see the newly added Luminosity logo in the GIF below.

PcuKdOi.gif

I've added and improved several more features, but I'll keep it all under wraps until the show premieres next month. Once the rosters are locked in for the Fall Season, I'll officially start recording footage and getting the ball rolling on this project. Thanks for reading! I hope you're as excited as I am. :intensifies:

Try to make those silver lines thinner. Also less heavy shadows under names.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Has anyone pointed out the Lethul parallels in Jimbo leaving the Buck twins on Dinosaurs at the last minute to join former-FAB?

Has anyone pointed out the Lethul parallels in Jimbo leaving the Buck twins on Dinosaurs at the last minute to join former-FAB?

Not really. Jimbo wasn't playing with Buks last season.

• Upvote (+1) 1

did dinosaurs win multiple tourneys for an entire year?

did dinosaurs win multiple tourneys for an entire year?

No, but the Buks + Jimbo did before Jimbo's stint with X-Men.

is Heinz still on ALG? according to his twitch title he is

He won't be playing for ALG is season 2 but as of now technically yes he is still with ALG. 

Edit: L8

No.

Its not that hard to do honestly especially with the smaller new controllers.  its not like doing it back in the day with the duke and S controller.  you can learn to do it in 2 stages really that makes it easier. 1) start holding the controller so that your index finger is on the bumper and your middle finger the trigger all the time.  Once you get used to that 2) start using your index finger on the face buttons.

I claw and have an elite (having Thrust on a paddle is faster regardless).  Clawing is still helpful even with paddles for reloading and switching weapons but you only have to do it 20% of the time that you otherwise would without paddles (on bumper jumper anyway).

Basically if it hurts for more than a week (adjustment period) dont do it.

No.

Its not that hard to do honestly especially with the smaller new controllers.  its not like doing it back in the day with the duke and S controller.  you can learn to do it in 2 stages really that makes it easier. 1) start holding the controller so that your index finger is on the bumper and your middle finger the trigger all the time.  Once you get used to that 2) start using your index finger on the face buttons.

I claw and have an elite (having Thrust on a paddle is faster regardless).  Clawing is still helpful even with paddles for reloading and switching weapons but you only have to do it 20% of the time that you otherwise would without paddles (on bumper jumper anyway).

Yeah, I was just wondering because so many people on here post like they know it is bad. I have clawed for going on 6 years now and have never had a problem. Likewise, one of my friends has always held a controller that way. He said it was what felt natural (I think someone else on here has done something similar). He has also never had an issue. I realize that we could be exceptions which is why I wanted something more concrete. 

Back to pro-league:

What rosters do we really not know at this point? It doesn't seem like there are going to be any real surprises to light this place back up once the "official" announcements are made

Everyone will likely be different. Also just because it may stop hurting doesn't mean it won't have bad long term effects.

Just cuz you start enjoying cigarettes after the first few doesn't mean you don't have a chance of getting lung cancer later on.

Claw at your own risk basically.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Back to pro-league:

What rosters do we really not know at this point? It doesn't seem like there are going to be any real surprises to light this place back up once the "official" announcements are made

I think Optic and ALG are still kinda up in the air in terms of their 4th.