CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

nV and E6 are about to play on the side station. I'll update this post with the series score once it starts.

Edit:

Game 1: Rigs Strongholds.

update?

• Upvote (+1) 1

-elo ratings-

Awesome work, dude. What did you use to initialize each team's rating at the beginning of the season. Shouldn't they all start at the same rating?

• Upvote (+1) 1

So happy for my cousin boamx and qualifying for vegas, he's been grinding this game so hard since launch. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

If we're going to be inundated with a mind-numbing loop of slow-mo clips, can we at least see the score of the previous series? Flash of a bracket? The timer has no meaning.

Edit: And just like that the timer found meaning. Thanks, ESA.  :bman:

• Upvote (+1) 2

everything broke in plaza ts, been sitting here waiting

not actually broke, but people were connecting to suspectors xbox with their wireless controllers and he couldnt play

wow

not actually broke, but people were connecting to suspectors xbox with their wireless controllers and he couldnt play

Reminds me of that ps4 bluetooth issue the cod tournaments had/have.

Wired controllers ftw

• Upvote (+1) 1

update?

It's a shit show.

nV won game 1. Game 2 has been on hold because of technical issues.

The first time was because Shooter's monitor fucked up. Then the second issue was because someone's controller is interfering the game.

They're about to start I think.

Game 1: nV Rig Strongholds

Game 2: E6 Plaza Slayer

Game 3: E6 Truth CTF

I'll let Mikwen explain the bull, but I can see why they're upset. Poorly run.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If we're going to be inundated with a mind-numbing loop of slow-mo clips, can we at least see the score of the previous series? Flash of a bracket? The timer has no meaning.

Edit: And just like that the timer found meaning. Thanks, ESA.  :bman:

They just added a message showing who's playing next. You can tell they just added it because it looks like the default font lol

But at least it's progress.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Starting to see why the official Halo Twitch channel didn't want to claim streaming responsibility...

• Upvote (+1) 4

Awesome work, dude. What did you use to initialize each team's rating at the beginning of the season. Shouldn't they all start at the same rating?

Good question! For this season, they start at the rating they had at the end of last season, but reverted to the mean by one third (this is standard practice among Elo methodology in traditional sports). However, when individuals form new teams, they carry forward one fourth of their previous team's rating.

But you're right that at some point I had to make all the teams equal, and that is exactly what I did for the start of the NA Regionals. From there the ratings carried over to the HWC Finals, and then to the Pro League Season 1.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Good question! For this season, they start at the rating they had at the end of last season, but reverted to the mean by one third (this is standard practice among Elo methodology in traditional sports). However, when individuals form new teams, they carry forward one fourth of their previous team's rating.

But you're right that at some point I had to make all the teams equal, and that is exactly what I did for the start of the NA Regionals. From there the ratings carried over to the HWC Finals, and then to the Pro League Season 1.

Man, I love when people apply traditional statistical analysis from other fields to esports. Soon, esports will have the same level of analytics as traditional sports (a project I'm working on right now...), with the potential for even greater levels of detail than real life sports because it's all digital and closed form.

Good stuff. Hope to see more of it as we go along. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

E6 won game 3 Truth Flag 3-2.

E6 2-1 nV

Idfk if anyone is updating this so I'm just posting it

Thank you TJ ^_^

• Upvote (+1) 1

E6 won game 3 Truth Flag 3-2.

E6 2-1 nV

Idfk if anyone is updating this so I'm just posting it

You're doing the Lord's work.

If the Lord was Esports Arena for some reason.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Cratos please stop :(