CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Mikwen bout to go in.

@@Mikwen make it a video?

Don't know what you're going to say/have planned but maybe include Adams posts etc.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

hate to say it, but most of the commercials are from the 80s, not the 90s.

Pretty sure pogs and Genesis commercial was from early 90's. I'm pretty old though so my memory is bad.

Would anyone be willing to sum up the problems that Mikwen may be referencing?  Haven't been able to follow until now

I'm going to be respectful because everyone involved has great intentions, but man....

Sounds like they're about to have a train of "constructive criticism" run on them.

• Upvote (+1) 8

nV and E6 are about to play on the side station. I'll update this post with the series score once it starts.

Edit:

Game 1: Rigs Strongholds.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Would anyone be willing to sum up the problems that Mikwen may be referencing? Haven't been able to follow until now

Pretty sure nobody knows. Think it's behind the scenes/had to be there stuff.

I'm pumped. This is 90% of the reason I come here/follow halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sounds like they're about to have a train of "constructive criticism" run on them.

Sexual references are frowned upon.

I'm going to be respectful because everyone involved has great intentions, but man....

oh gosh I love you
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Would anyone be willing to sum up the problems that Mikwen may be referencing? Haven't been able to follow until now

I'm guessing it's going to be the down time between matches and audio issues. During most main stage matches, one side would be talking to a staff member about something – probably audio because they'd start doing stuff to their set up.

Also might be the audio of the commentators. It's pretty loud – which is a problem considering there's no soundproof booths.

Edit: these monitors have a 5ms response time. wtf

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm just saying, I'm kinda happy that the nV hype hasn't lived up on LAN. I can continue to refer to them as Shitwen, Saltdown, Puke, and Ola. Gotta respect Ola.

I laughed. You got my upvote.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm hearing their may be some potential non-constructive criticism coming in from certain pros. Might I advise you that we are only supposed to praise tournament organizers. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

i don't know the degree to which this might be true, but if there's too much negativity about this LAN, wouldn't that give 343 more ammo to shift even more to online tournaments as the norm?

I'm hearing their may be some potential non-constructive criticism coming in from certain pros. Might I advise you that we are only supposed to praise tournament organizers.

as long as they @ esportsarena so they can make back some of the $$ they lost hosting this event, it should be okay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i don't know the degree to which this might be true, but if there's too much negativity about this LAN, wouldn't that give 343 more ammo to shift even more to online tournaments as the norm?

Their mind already made up on where they want to go and how they want competetive Halo played. Only universal scorn from pros and fans and players alike took breakout out of HCS. But we are forced to watch months of crouching with autos, camo and fuel rod and plasma caster spam, radar watching as the pinnacle of competitive Halo play. Don't forget power weapon announcements on screen and when someone picks one up. Think about that. At any given time anyone on the map no longer has to time weapon spawns when they know a Sniper or Rockets is coming up and when someone else gets them.

I'm sure that the negativity towards the online stuff completely outweighs anything that might come out about this LAN lol

I'm sure that the negativity towards the online stuff completely outweighs anything that might come out about this LAN lol

if spectators aren't showing up at the venue, the tournament isn't generating much revenue, players complain about the LAN, and the community complains about the LAN, what incentive is there for them to keep trying to organize small-ish LANs?

i'm not trying to be contrary at all. i know online is broken, and i much prefer watching LANs.  i just wonder in the context of current fandom and economics what the consequences of extreme negativity could be. 

if spectators aren't showing up at the venue, the tournament isn't generating much revenue, players complain about the LAN, and the community complains about the LAN, what incentive is there for them to keep trying to organize small-ish LANs?

i'm not trying to be contrary at all. i know online is broken, and i much prefer watching LANs.  i just wonder in the context of current fandom and economics what the consequences of extreme negativity could be. 

Ok, I see what you're trying to say. They can be like "hey, people are complaining about both of these things. But one costs us more to put together."

I hope that MS decides to just pump in a bunch of money. It might not make financial sense, to spend on something that doesn't give great returns, but with more money, they could have better setups, prize pools, and hopefully also improve the online league. But it seems like wishful thinking at this point.

Tom came in here and said Chattanooga had low budget production and we got cartoons, ads from the 80s, mics that aren't on, late stream starts, the world record for interruptions by a caster, no player cams, no actual names for players in certain games, 20+ minute wait times between matches and so on and so forth. Not to mention players can't even hear comms apparently and whatever else they had to deal with. A success for sure.

Everything else you say might be true, but, man, the cartoons and ads add a LOT to the entertainment value of the stream. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really like that esportsarena heard that we no longer want warzone montages and mcdonalds forge highlights in between matches so they gave us some cartoons to watch instead.

It was actually good, could be a really nice fit for a stream if the atmosphere was done right.

Think the adult swim bumpers between shows.

• Upvote (+1) 1