CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

He's under no obligation to keep in confidence the actions 343 has taken. It's not unprofessional. unprofessional would be asking a company to pitch a plan for using their services for competitive events and then serving them with a cease and desist with no communication in between.

Being unprofessional and under contract aren't the same thing. Once again, i don't want to defend 343 but that's his side of the story. Its 343's decision to go with ESL or MLG or whoever.

Put it like this. Do you hear NBC crying because they lost the licensing of the NBA to ABC? The NBA can choose w/e network they want to show their games. FOR ANY REASON. You know why? Because it might cost them future business ventures.

• Downvote (-1) 3

hey look, optic looks like a different team on LAN than online

so weird!

But for some reason our focus is on an online pro league...

• Upvote (+1) 1

So sad. I was expecting to get 25K viewers for an OPEN HALO LAN, but that's obviously not going to happen. Weird. 

So we should continue to let the narrative continue that 'MLG dropped Halo'? Got it. We didn't choose to stop supporting Halo, we were pushed into a corner with decisions that were made. That goes back to Halo 4. Do you want the truth or do you want a scapegoat, happy to go back to being quiet ('professional), so you guys can blame us for any subsequent downfalls.

I always knew you were OT of OT at heart.

• Upvote (+1) 5

What was the lowest number of viewers ever for an MLG Lan? There is no way it could be as bad as this.

Willing to bet they had higher numbers when you had to pay to stream it through Windows Media Player.

• Upvote (+1) 2

okay, so maybe i jumped the gun

lol

i'm a big liquid fan, too. really a fan of most of the teams. 

I was expecting 10-15k, thought we at least average above the Pro League.

They REALLY need to stream Day 3 on the Halo channel.

I've been at work all day and only been reading the posts on here, but assuming the production quality is as low as everyone complaining is saying it is, I'm glad it's not on the Halo channel and there aren't very many people seeing it and deciding not to bother watching Halo anymore. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So im watching the stream (muted) and college football. Why are Optic and Liquid playing? Is it pool play? Even then i wouldnt think they would be in the same pool with so few pro teams going.

I was expecting 10-15k, thought we at least average above the Pro League.

They REALLY need to stream Day 3 on the Halo channel.

Yes they do. I mean there are a few thousand that will show up because its LAN looking at the Summer Finals. I figured it being an OPEN LAN we would see more growth but today wasn't our day. Plus its not on front page. 

So im watching the stream (muted) and college football. Why are Optic and Liquid playing? Is it pool play? Even then i wouldnt think they would be in the same pool with so few pro teams going.

it's qualifying for seeds tomorrow, i believe

I don't see anything different

pretty sure if you ask @@Royal2, he'll have some things to say about the difference in shot registration. among about a dozen other things. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What was the lowest number of viewers ever for an MLG Lan? There is no way it could be as bad as this.

AGL 5 - 6.4k

AGL 6 - 2.5k

AGL 7 - 3.4k

These were the peak of streams on Halo 4 in 2013 on Twitch with AGL.

I think @@CoachMayyne might be better for this.

• Upvote (+1) 6

LOL 4500 viewers, hahaha a League match gets more viewers than that... Like i said, Optic buying CLG will not HELP Halo grow... No one cares about Halo in the CoD community... 

• Downvote (-1) 14

How we went from 2.5 million prizing to struggling for get 2.5k viewers should be studied.

It doesn't need to be studied. The answers are and have been right in front of you/us the entire time. The list is long, but you and the rest of the members here know the gist of why the open event can only pull these numbers. 

• Upvote (+1) 2