CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Question: What kind of bear is best?

Well there are two schools of thought

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly is Maniac brain dead? They literally make controllers so people don't have to claw anymore. Not to mention, isn't optic SPONSORED BY SCUF? Jesus christ it's no wonder this team is in the toilet

So him trying something different to POSSIBLY improve himself and change his gameplay makes him brain dead? I guess he should just do the same thing as last season and expect different results.

Unrelated, clawing only hurts for like the first couple weeks or so, when I changed in h3 when I played boxer it made my hand so sore, but it's normal. IMO it's just like working out a new muscle at the gym and being sore for a couple days but since the wrist aren't used to it, it's a little bit of a strain at first.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So him trying something different to POSSIBLY improve himself and change his gameplay makes him brain dead? I guess he should just do the same thing as last season and expect different results.

Unrelated, clawing only hurts for like the first couple weeks or so, when I changed in h3 when I played boxer it made my hand so sore, but it's normal. IMO it's just like working out a new muscle at the gym and being sore for a couple days but since the wrist aren't used to it, it's a little bit of a strain at first

You're right, but the point he was trying to make is that with the introduction of controllers like SCUF and Elite, the need for clawing doesn't exist anymore.  You can just reprogram the buttons or assign paddles to make the controller more versatile and not have your thumbs leave the sticks.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You're right, but the point he was trying to make is that with the introduction of controllers like SCUF and Elite, the need for clawing doesn't exist anymore. You can just reprogram the buttons or assign paddles to make the controller more versatile and not have your thumbs leave the sticks.

More paddles doesn't necessarily mean it's easier, or that it feels comfortable, on my controller I personally have one on the back high right (positioning on the Scuf is different) and another on the back lower left. At first just like clawing thought it felt extremely weird using paddles, but some people just don't like the feel to it

Also the Scuf paddles and elite paddles are like complete opposite, the Scuf ones seem a little stiff and the elite paddles just go off if you breathe on it, completely unrelated again.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Which kind of sniper is best?

That's a ridiculous question.

False H3 sniper.

Well there are basically two schools of thought.

Fact. H5 sniper gets more headshots. Snipers. Headshots. Bullet Magnetism.

Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions suffer every year!

MICHAEL!

Take an upvote

Unrelated, clawing only hurts for like the first couple weeks or so, when I changed in h3 when I played boxer it made my hand so sore, but it's normal. IMO it's just like working out a new muscle at the gym and being sore for a couple days but since the wrist aren't used to it, it's a little bit of a strain at first.

His heart is in the right place, but even though brain dead is a bit strong, IMO he needs less distractions, not completely changing how he plays to the point of icing his hands. The paddles aren't ideal but he'd acclimate to that better than ruining his joints in the hope that he might get better. Also, choosing to do this when they have more important things to focus on like gelling a new team, is just creating a distraction they don't need. 

I think he's creating problems trying to fix the wrong one.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

it's like optic has a weird aversion to sitting down and reviewing film or talking about strategy and where things go wrong when they're trying to close out games. Like Ace would rather just hope that everyone on his team kind of 'figures it out' and everything starts clicking randomly rather than through concerted, purposeful changes to your habits as a player.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Which kind of sniper is best?

That's a ridiculous question.

False H3 sniper.

Well there are basically two schools of thought.

Fact. H5 sniper gets more headshots. Snipers. Headshots. Bullet Magnetism.

Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions suffer every year!

MICHAEL!

3kIcyN7fUtlUA.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

not as crazy as you think

Forgot about that, but I would be incredibly surprised to see them come back to this scene. IMO (with a grain of salt of course, since I'm no expert) they wouldn't have much to gain as an organization. In fact, I'm surprised LG picked a team up.

I assume his saying that a slow moving target is easier to hit than one that is moving quickly and/or erratically...

I don't think that's an illogical comment. Infact, I think that's the reason 343 decided to give the sniper so much magnetism.

The problem is, IMO, that most of the time, snipers aren't engaging people who are moving at H5's maximum speeds. it usually ends up being a standard Halo interaction (the target is unaware, or strafing trying to take cover/descope, etc), except the sniper has much a higher chance of connecting.

I think at the very least they should remove the magnetism for unscoped shots.

Movement speed would be relevant if the bullet magnetism and aim assist weren't there. With those two factors in place, there's no reason to even consider movement speed a factor in how easy a sniper is to use. 

EDIT: While we have differing opinions on this, I think it's OK for us to let this conversation die, at least in the Pro League thread since it's not quite relevant. 

3kIcyN7fUtlUA.gif

Did you just go back in my post history to try and neg bomb me because I negged a few of your posts for being insanely off topic? I don't even care, but that is embarrassing man. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

His heart is in the right place, but even though brain dead is a bit strong, IMO he needs less distractions, not completely changing how he plays to the point of icing his hands. The paddles aren't ideal but he'd acclimate to that better than ruining his joints in the hope that he might get better. Also, choosing to do this when they have more important things to focus on like gelling a new team, is just creating a distraction they don't need.

I think he's creating problems trying to fix the wrong one.

I agree with this, the timing may be off a bit, since roster lock is tonight? Or tomorrow? Not sure but ya you're probably right about that

I've been watching a lot more CSGO lately, and it got me thinking...how sick would it be if Halo 5 had an ESEA like client? I think it would be much better from a spectator stand point instead of watching pros stomp in matchmaking. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This will probably be the last update regarding Team Beyond content until the HCS Fall Season begins in September, but I wanted to show off something that you guys were asking for. Click the spoiler button below for two more nifty GIFs!

Last night, there were a couple requests to track movement and various other moments during replays. Hopefully, this will allow the viewers to get a better understanding of flag routes, set ups, spawn zones, and much more. I just wanted to reiterate that there will be several components to this show so it won't be your every day generic game commentary. The plan is to have a very polished and entertaining series with instant replays, game analysis, and whatever else you can think of. The options are virtually limitless at this point.

YALr7kt.gif

Since the plan is to cover an entire series, it's important to display the current series score. There's plenty more work to do, but I think that briefly showing the series score periodically throughout the game without interrupting the main feed would be beneficial to the viewer. Just to be clear, the score won't appear as much as the GIF below.

Also, I updated the bottom panel to support every single map and gametype in the HCS rotation. The plan is to only use this specific panel for the beginning of each match. This is an easy way to know who is playing, when they played, and other information that may be important to the viewer.

Oh yeah, Luminosity and a couple EU teams have been added to the team list! You can see the newly added Luminosity logo in the GIF below.

PcuKdOi.gif

I've added and improved several more features, but I'll keep it all under wraps until the show premieres next month. Once the rosters are locked in for the Fall Season, I'll officially start recording footage and getting the ball rolling on this project. Thanks for reading! I hope you're as excited as I am. :intensifies:

These are amazing

• Upvote (+1) 1

This will probably be the last update regarding Team Beyond content until the HCS Fall Season begins in September, but I wanted to show off something that you guys were asking for. Click the spoiler button below for two more nifty GIFs!

Last night, there were a couple requests to track movement and various other moments during replays. Hopefully, this will allow the viewers to get a better understanding of flag routes, set ups, spawn zones, and much more. I just wanted to reiterate that there will be several components to this show so it won't be your every day generic game commentary. The plan is to have a very polished and entertaining series with instant replays, game analysis, and whatever else you can think of. The options are virtually limitless at this point.

YALr7kt.gif

Since the plan is to cover an entire series, it's important to display the current series score. There's plenty more work to do, but I think that briefly showing the series score periodically throughout the game without interrupting the main feed would be beneficial to the viewer. Just to be clear, the score won't appear as much as the GIF below.

Also, I updated the bottom panel to support every single map and gametype in the HCS rotation. The plan is to only use this specific panel for the beginning of each match. This is an easy way to know who is playing, when they played, and other information that may be important to the viewer.

Oh yeah, Luminosity and a couple EU teams have been added to the team list! You can see the newly added Luminosity logo in the GIF below.

PcuKdOi.gif

I've added and improved several more features, but I'll keep it all under wraps until the show premieres next month. Once the rosters are locked in for the Fall Season, I'll officially start recording footage and getting the ball rolling on this project. Thanks for reading! I hope you're as excited as I am.  :intensifies: 

Holy batman I'm stoked to watch this series

EDIT

the minimap tracking should honestly be a part of spectator mode, there should be a toggle to show a minimap with player icons moving around. It could have a solid background so you could clip it from a theater video

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did you just go back in my post history to try and neg bomb me because I negged a few of your posts for being insanely off topic? I don't even care, but that is embarrassing man. 

Embarrassing? You're butthurt because we're talking about The Office? Get over yourself.

• Downvote (-1) 4

Maniac's face and pants suggest there are naughty things on that laptop screen. 

The ice on the hand had nothing to do with halo ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was thinking he was a Death Eater serving He Who Cannot Be Named!

Dr. I got a problem. Everytime I go to bed the next morning my anus hurts really bad. Is this normal?

Thats a tiny bulge! I bet he was watching CLG scrim in this picture hence the bulge. And the ice on his hand is from jerking it too hard not from some stupid controller grip.

Question: What kind of bear is best?

The office? Nah. But okay. This isn't the place for this anyways.  :walshy:  Back to halo

• Upvote (+1) 6