CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

To touch on the whole subject behind Population vs AM players having something to work for,

I believe that Halo 5 is a decent game that could be better. I think there are a lot of contributing factors to low player base. My personal opinion makes me feel as if the game is trying too hard to be similar to other games and moving more and more away from the halo that had everyone hooked initially. I'd be interesting to see some actual opinions from people who picked up H5 and quickly moved back to COD, Destiny, LOL, etc. 

I do however feel that there is a good enough base to see better turnouts for events if they are geographically located closer to people who are within driving distance. If you look at the start of H2A, we saw over 150 teams sign up for initial tournaments while the game was still malfunctioning. I think H2A had a real shot to bring back a solid player base with the idea if it had just worked out of the box without any issues.

Move onto H5, I feel that again the population of players playing competitively has dropped since the initial release based on factors such as matchmaking being unfulfilling, radar, autos, etc. 

There is only so much a community can do to foster competitive growth, but a lot of it stems from creating a game that puts out a functioning game that is fun, challenging, and keeps players coming back from the start. You have to build something that gets people to comeback and not consider leaving for other competitive titles. 

There isn't much ESA can do about population as this idea was destined to not have a huge turnout from the start, but the small things within the event could definitely be improved on.

Hopefully today gets better, and I'll continue watching to hopefully see solid competition either way.

• Upvote (+1) 2

4 WB rounds would be 16 teams, no?

My math says that's correct. Round of 16, Round of 8, WB Semifinals, WB Finals. 

Then you, the pros, need to start taking more initiative in fixing this game, by being loud and organized. Obviously an outright boycott is overkill right now but simple protests by the biggest names in the community (you) will get people's attention. These are just some ideas I'm throwing out there in 30 seconds, they're probably bad but the idea behind them is to protest (and I'm sure others can come up with better ones):

- I don't know if pros have a consensus on radar but if they do then doing shit like putting tape over the bottom left corner of your screens so it's covered at LANs that are less important like this one or UGC or Vegas. Or just crouching the whole game.

- Or if you want to get the aiming fixed then playing LAN games without firing your weapon (only melee etc.).

- If pros unanimously want a certain gametype out, actually play that game (aka don't veto) and then just be AFK the whole game. 

That kind of shit. It's loud, it's clear.

(And yes, it's a respectful protest too. No one's swearing, no one's telling 343 to suck a dick, it indicates unanimity and passion for improving the game.) 

little tidbit for people who think this kills the competitive scene: 343 isn't just going to up and leave esports. Imagine if people said "exposing 343's lies regarding breakout will just make them want to stop doing HCS." Snakebite would've never come forward and we'd still be playing breakout. That's exactly what protesting is about. And they're DEFINITELY not going to leave when they're under the spotlight. 

Or we can just go back to collectively shitposting on TB while watching a stream with 2k viewers and no hope for the future

this.

hahaha  sad but really describes where we are at

nASCdbT.png

Didn't we all notice this weeks ago, laugh at it and the graphic was pulled?

• Upvote (+1) 3

are EG and LOL not at the OC tournament?

From what I remember, no, but Ace and Renegade are there competing.

How many more days of Orange County?

Or am I asking a dumb question

It's 3 days, today is Day 2.

Bubu Dubu: +$3000 ($79,750)

Suspector: +$1500
Huke: +$500

Didn't Huke come 2nd and Suspector third?

• Upvote (+1) 5

1700 people watching this. A Destiny exhibition match from MLG had over 60k. This hurts my soul. They need to hire someone that feels our pain and wants to change. Not do half measures. 

Half measures are never good. 

Episode-12-Walt-2-760.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

The stream needs to be better at updating who's gameplay is on screen. I just watched "Bubu dubu" run in a flag for LOL according to the overlay. I'm watching the stream sans volume so it's been hard to keep up.

Does anyone have the bracket for the 4v4?

Unrelated, but I have to say Strongside is a lot better this event.

Am going deaf or is the volume very low?