CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Look it's not ESA's fault, it could be better but this is what they have and I'm still glad they are putting on an open LAN for us. But it's just the timing of knowing MLG wanted to be there and 343 seemingly going out of their way to use any organizer that isn't them.

this is all im trying to say. I just wish people would be appreciative that we even have an open lan to watch, instead of so negative and focused on what could have been with MLG. I feel like im not conveying clearly enough what i am thinking and what i am typing which is frustrating for me but what was put in bold in your quote could serve as a tl;dr for my initial post.

Besides the crazy long breaks in between matches, the stream has been entertaining for me.

there are dozens two of us!

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think as a business you need to reflect on why people aren't turning up to events or tuning into streams. I mean at the end of the day if you're running an event your returns are gonna come from people paying to be there and ad revenue. This is gonna sound weird but I've been watching a lot of Kitchen Nightmares lately and those people always say the problem is a "lack of customers" but they never question why they have a lack of customers.

So why aren't people turning up or tuning in? Is it location? Is it cost to prize money ratio? Is the game just not enjoyable enough to watch/play? What about your marketing? Is it effective or do you need to change your strategy? When are you losing viewers on your streams?

These things aren't overly difficult to find out either and that list could probably go on for pages.

Long story short theres a reason these events are failing and if people are going to keep running them without reflecting and researching how to improve attendance and viewership it's absolutely fighting a losing battle.

For real though I'd totally watch a full night of pro league if the pros all agreed to only crouch walk the entire time. That would be lit

• Upvote (+1) 1

On the plus side, these long breaks are allowing me to also watch Big House 6

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hosting it with the halo channel will do minimal. Hosting is cool and all but it won't generate anything CLOSE to a stream live from there. I've been pretty positive about everything in my opinion but this is just something that is nothing but a low blow to an event that probably wasn't going to do well viewership wise anyway. I can't help but feel this is a move that wasn't thought about and if it was I don't know what rational reasons were brought up to come to this decision. It's an HCS event, it needs to be the halo channel streaming it. It's about time we start making some real decisions and progress because I can feel my blood pressure rising from constant failures on things that should be obvious. This isn't an esportsarena tournament, it's an HCS event. They're taking a loss regardless on the event and I would think you would charge 343 for holding the event there in the first place? The excuse of having the event on the stream to recoup money is just trash, ad revenue on Twitch isn't going to magically make you profit. Man I'm going back to bed I miss the optic house.

4XRoCqZ.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

My Mind:

1st Huke

2nd Bubu

3rd Ola

My Body:

1st Ola

2nd Monster

3rd Huke

• Upvote (+1) 1

i dont see how monstcr is an underdog, he is a ffa god. If anything all the other pros are underdogs because they dont play a lot of ffas

Just tuned in, and holy shit the production value is cheap. I hate being negative and nothing against the people that worked hard, it just doesn't feel like an MLG production we had years ago. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

A bit of positivity: today's commentating by T2 and SS has been really really good. SS is waaaay better than he was during S1. 

Also "cranny" lol

• Upvote (+1) 4

So let's recap, Phade said Halo was dying, Timo is blaming the community for ESA's and ESL's continued mistakes, and an HCS sanctioned open event is pulling 1.5k viewers.

Sounds about right.

:weback:

Free for all has just gone to overtime.

What the fuck?

That's Halo 5 for ya.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honestly, the refs should consider the game from the 12 minute mark. Suspector must feel robbed a little knowing he may of won that game on assists.