CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Why should that be a concern of the community? Were they not compensated to use their facilities for an official Halo sanctioned event? If the answer is no, maybe they should have negotiated for that? Is the community going to be guilt tripped into accepting something detrimental for Halo eSports growth so some guys who run a private business can recoup $1,000 worth of ad money for the weekend? 

These guys are running their own private business, it is their own private responsibility to make sure they are making money. It is their own private responsibility to ensure that they have revenue streams in place for their own business, while on the same token growing the interest around Halo eSports.

It is the communities responsibility to ensure that the powers at be are actually taking steps to grow the scene as a whole. Growing viewership and interest in its entirety doesn't happen by streaming official events on every TO's personal twitch channel. 

I am baffled with this response. 

It is very much in your/the communities interest that esports Arena does make its money back and make a profit. Then they can host another LAN. It's called business. You make money to stay alive and continue your business. 

PLUS: I was simply speculating that this is the reason. I don't know the reason. 

i don't want another ESA lan, they suck and they made us look bad

there are a handful of other TOs who can do it better, we want them

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I am baffled with this response. 

It is very much in your/the communities interest that esports Arena does make its money back and make a profit. Then they can host another LAN. It's called business. You make money to stay alive and continue your business. 

PLUS: I was simply speculating that this is the reason. I don't know the reason. 

I don't think this argument will hold as much weight as it would seem because there are plenty here that would be happy if a west coast LAN host falls out of the picture.

I don't think this argument will hold as much weight as it would seem because there are plenty here that would be happy if a west coast LAN host falls out of the picture.

It's more than just money. What if the event is a disaster? What if something bad happens? It's a risk to allow someone to stream on your OFFICIAL channel if you're not actually funding/running an event.

Agreed. 

what was the last major halo lan event that didn't have player cams?

i honestly can't think of one

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's more than just money. What if the event is a disaster? What if something bad happens? It's a risk to allow someone to stream on your OFFICIAL channel if you're not actually funding/running an event.

Hosting it with the It's an HCS event, it needs to be the halo channel streaming it. It's about time we start making some real decisions and progress because I can feel my blood pressure rising from constant failures on things that should be obvious. This isn't an esportsarena tournament, it's an HCS event. They're taking a loss regardless on the event and I would think you would charge 343 for holding the event there in the first place? 

Just going to parrot Lethul: It is an HCS event. If you aren't confident in the product your HCS event will produce, you need to hire somebody else rather than neglect to properly promote it.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't even understand how we slipped into the disaster where all of the top teams don't even attend the event. Why the fuck are rosters not set before this event? Why is it streamed on some (forgive me I love you guys) random LAN centers channel to attempt to recoup the cost of running the event? Shouldn't they be selling their location and staff to 343 instead of apparently running the event for them at a loss? What is even going on here? Hello?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My only point here is this:

We need developer funded open events in relevant locations that can put Halo eSports on the stage it deserves, promoted and broadcasted through official channels. 

This whole we "owe" every organizer mindset that picks up Halo is just pure garbage, TO's have been pushing that angle since Halo 4, like they are doing the community a favor. TO's are here to make money, if they do not have the appropriate measures in place to do so, how is that the fault of the community?

It isnt. 

I am sure the eSports Arena team has some great staff and guys on their team, and they also work with ASTRO who I have a close personal relationship with. However, that is not an excuse to ignore the "Big picture" goal of growth.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I have literally no idea whats going on in this stream. I don't know whos who. I don't see a bracket anywhere. Im watching a 5 man FFA on Stasis...

Really on the verge of just saying screw this and play Gears 4 for the rest of the night

Just play Gears4 for the night and hopefully tomorrow it improves a little.

Strongside has more pronunciations for Huke then I got 50s on Halo 3

My bad, accidental neg.

BtH top 2