CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Damn, Adam coming in here and dropping facts. Even though it's all ESL now, MLG and Halo still go hand in hand to me. 

ESL does a really great job with what they have and I don't want to disrespect them in any way, but an open MLG event held in Coloumbus would probably quadruple current viewership. 

Honestly, if MLG were to host another Halo event, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Even though my body still hasn't forgiven me for the amount of Dr. Pepper and Flipz I consumed at Dallas in 2012...

I honestly don't think its ESL's fault entirely.

Their ESLOne events are amazing.  I think they just lack experience with Halo (compared to the PC games they have ran for years) and they are hamstrung by the way the game is forced to operate due to lack of lan capability and how shoddy the ingame features are.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Damn, Adam coming in here and dropping facts. Even though it's all ESL now, MLG and Halo still go hand in hand to me. 

ESL does a really great job with what they have and I don't want to disrespect them in any way, but an open MLG event held in Coloumbus would probably quadruple current viewership

Honestly, if MLG were to host another Halo event, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Even though my body still hasn't forgiven me for the amount of Dr. Pepper and Flipz I consumed at Dallas in 2012...

:D

• Downvote (-1) 2

I honestly don't think its ESL's fault entirely.

Their ESLOne events are amazing.  I think they just lack experience with Halo (compared to the PC games they have ran for years) and they are hamstrung by the way the game is forced to operate due to lack of lan capability and how shoddy the ingame features are.

ESL scales in very different ways based on their involvement with the game. ESL One/IEM is their heavy hitters where they are very hands-on, it is clearly their production, then there are just standard Pro League's and their Tournament Platform that developers can team up with them for, and then they even go behind the scenes for stuff like the CWL.

It all depends on the popularity of the game and what the developer is actually aiming to do.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Its crazy to think but looking back on my decision on which console I wanted to invest in, I was choosing from:

PS4, a console with a great game library, lots of friends are own it and play various games on it or Xbox One. 

At the time I had 0 active friends on Xbox (not like the H2 & H3 days) and MCC was a disaster. I was hoping for Halo 5 to be the rebirth of the franchise and for friends to start coming back. But as time went on, ive notice this game just add more and more problems to it with every update.

I want this game and the pro scene to succeed so bad, but with every decision 343 makes, its like another slap in the face to their fans.

I still try to play this game every so often, but with lagouts, heavy aim, score screen lag, terrible dedicated servers, its so hard to keep playing.

/endrandomrant

I wonder how many other people choose xbox solely for halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Its crazy to think but looking back on my decision on which console I wanted to invest in, I was choosing from:

PS4, a console with a great game library, lots of friends are own it and play various games on it or Xbox One. 

At the time I had 0 active friends on Xbox (not like the H2 & H3 days) and MCC was a disaster. I was hoping for Halo 5 to be the rebirth of the franchise and for friends to start coming back. But as time went on, ive notice this game just add more and more problems to it with every update.

I want this game and the pro scene to succeed so bad, but with every decision 343 makes, its like another slap in the face to their fans.

I still try to play this game every so often, but with lagouts, heavy aim, score screen lag, terrible dedicated servers, its so hard to keep playing.

/endrandomrant

I wonder how many other people choose xbox solely for halo.

microsoft has other exclusives that i enjoy playing, I never expected Halo 5 to be what I wanted. It's got a solid feature set, games for gold, etc that make it worthwhile for its exclusives. I also have experienced Sony products in general to be worse value for money.

In all honesty, PC is easily the best way to go, and with MS introducing cross platform interaction, it's clear they're aiming for Steam's market which can only ever be a good thing, so it's really turning out for the best, regardless of 343.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anybody think that gears of war's successfully planning of tournaments and split screen is from the backlash they see 343 getting with Halo?  I do.

If gears, the "best looking game on Xbox one" can handle split screen appropriately.  there is absolutely no fucking reason why it should not be in H5.  at all. other than laziness or incompetence.

Same with LAN.  Gears has it, halo should too.

I was on the fence about buying gears.  its not my favorite franchise.  But looking at the support and things they are doing right, i think i have to.  If just to say "hey, here is a sale they got solely for the fact that their tournament structure, SS and lan support are looking great"

A lot of people at MS/343 can't see the forest through the trees.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know.

We focused our efforts to online events, which I am happy to say have been a success, as long as Xbox Live/H5 Servers/SpecMode is working.

It really sucks, because everyone at TB is killing it with their online tourneys. Maybe if 343 is so pigheaded not to include MLG, then TB should be given the pro league?

:: another fantastic post::

I am not even the biggest fan of GoW.  I think MP is slow and the "Hit A for everything" gameplay is clunky, but i'm going to frickin watch it and buy it anyway cuz of the shit they are doing right.

• Upvote (+1) 1

adam stahppp. every new post of yours i read makes me more and more sad.

6.gif

i really REALLY would loooove to hear from 343 about all this. It seriously pains me to think we could have been back with MLG for awhile. I hope the reason we are not is justified because i couldnt imagine all the growth/feels/etc we could had being denied because of something petty.

• Upvote (+1) 6

If MLG did get Halo back, the amount of pressure on them to run a great event would be insane  :kappa:

And they'd fucking deliver. No doubt about it. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

It really sucks, because everyone at TB is killing it with their online tourneys. Maybe if 343 is so pigheaded not to include MLG, then TB should be given the pro league?

We are always here to help Halo eSports.

I would love to run a challenger league personally, we basically already have been running one for 2 years with ASTRO.

• Upvote (+1) 6

There aren't enough Kreygasms if Adam ran HCS. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel that by attending and watching GoW events we can all start to collectively debunk this ethos that is being pitched to the industry decision makers. What ethos am I referring to? The idea that online competition funneling to a small # of players in an online pro league is 'enough' for a games' esports community. I fight every day to dispel that notion and I think that the more examples we have of successful INCLUSIVE AND OPEN systems, the more ammo we have to convince people to change course on an industry wide level.

I haven't really played gears competitively. However with how bad Halo and 343i is, i'm about to start just to support MLG. 

I also have a personal vendetta with Del Hoyo and now 343i because no matter what you tweet to him, he just has a troll response. Just accept that you've ruined 2 multiplayer games and move on.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Watching Jimbo play with his mom (i'm assuming) in the background warms my heart.

28gwcwk.png

Halo is a family game you know :D

• Upvote (+1) 1

Snip

I missed that post by Clap on the 6th about Halo CE and LAN. That's where my current passion is and it's heartbreaking to read. I think between him, Sundance, and Sepso they've tweeted or teased about a throwback tournament over the last few years. I sent him a PM though here and hopefully he reads it but who knows. Interestingly enough anytime I've ever PM'd Josh Holmes he's responded so I've had good luck in the past.

• Upvote (+1) 1

never thought i would say this but.... 

Mose just played the sword game perfectly

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watching Jimbo play with his mom (i'm assuming) in the background warms my heart.

28gwcwk.png

She's making sure he doesn't curse
  • Upvote (+1) 2