CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I was dropped for Lifestyle which resulted in the team moving from 3rd (every other tournament) > 1st (yesterday) in placings.

EDIT; Sorry, didn't spot your second post. I'm not on LU Gaming, just played with them yesterday since there was a lot of rostermania and they needed a fourth.

Welcome to the club Kappa /

I got confirmation in Naded's chat that LG isn't going to OC  :mj:

That's disappointing to hear, and i hope that the pro bracket for the event isn't in shambles now. 

I was dropped for Lifestyle which resulted in the team moving from 3rd (every other tournament) > 1st (yesterday) in placings.

EDIT; Sorry, didn't spot your second post. I'm not on LU Gaming, just played with them yesterday since there was a lot of rostermania and they needed a fourth.

Doing good in one tourney doesn't prove it was a good move though. A short term solution, maybe but its early

We all thought EG got better when they went from Lethul to Commonly and won X-Games. We saw how that ended up.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So E6 scrimmed with Stellur last night, wonder has the issue been resolved.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So E6 scrimmed with Stellur last night, wonder has the issue been resolved.

Last time they scrimmed EG a week ago they also scrimmed with Stellur, so I assume so?

E6 & TL got wrecked by nV & OG last night.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Setting up 15k funeral fundraiser couple of hours after he died and changing it to 20k just before they hit the 15...that is also sign of the time ? You can argue it can help the family but still, It's just wrong to me.

So do you want players to pay out of pocket to get to events then?

I mean I don't wanna go on too much old man typa rant here and I know Halo 5 isn't as good as previous Halo's..but this is kinda sad to read. What happened to going for the love of the game and not payouts? When travel and other expenses CERTAINLY out weighed the winnings? People went to those weak AGL's in Halo 4 and I'm pretty sure that was out of pocket lol. As I said before LAN tourny Halo is a completely different experience and it's a shame some teams can't or won't go but I sort of see where they're coming from as well.

When does nV play against OpTic?

Also, could someone (anyone!) please tell me locations that have been confirmed to host any segments of this season?

I would really like to go to event!

Doing good in one tourney doesn't prove it was a good move though. A short term solution, maybe but its early

We all thought EG got better when they went from Lethul to Commonly and won X-Games. We saw how that ended up.

Did we? I remember thinking it was a downgrade and the fact CLG beat them 3-0 then lost a very close series just kind of reinforced that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If I was an AM player going to an open event I would want to play against pro teams. Which pro teams are going? Sucks to hear that most aren't considering it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

S1mples AWP throw might be the hypest thing I've seen in esports all year, and I watched Neeb become the first foreigner to win a Korean SC2 event earlier this morning, which was awesome (even if it was a PvP.)

For anyone who hasn't seen.  https://clips.twitch.tv/esl_csgo/HandsomeSquidWTRuck   sorry no idea how to embed

Sorry, CS:GO noob here (have tried to watch, can't do it).  why is that a big deal?  Foreigner winning in Korea is legit hype though.

I'm pretty sure nobody thought that?  They won the tourney but lost the map count (6-4).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also, could someone (anyone!) please tell me locations that have been confirmed to host any segments of this season?

There are three open live events this season and one live event for fall finals.

HCS Orange County in Santa Ana, CA hosted by Esports Arena.

http://esportsarena.com/events/2016/October/HCS.html

PGL Las Vegas.  PGL is also running the online open circuit.

https://www.progamingleague.com/tournament_series/1

UGC St. Louis (non HCS event, also told the event is a little east of St. Louis.)

https://www.ugcevents.com/events/ugc-stl-open-series-halo-5

ESL HCS Fall Pro League Finals at ESL Studio in Burbank, CA

http://pro.eslgaming.com/halo/proleague/

• Upvote (+1) 2

I cant really understate how incredibly disappointing it is to hear how many pro teams aren't going to be there as someone who is going as a spectator first and competitor with the only real goal of not getting loser bracket round 1'd 2nd.

a154e41046ac1537387358a61e16248a.png

:thinking:

gkiUdg4.png

Edited to reflect my location and current state of mind 

DON'T FALL FOR IT @@mediabrute

giphy.gif

I tried to save them months ago, but they are beyond redemption

• Upvote (+1) 8

When does nV play against OpTic?

Optic vs nV is in -5 days

• Upvote (+1) 2

Suddoth is playing Trials of Osiris. I approve. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Extremely. Troy and Jorge are my good friends, though, and despite my having problems with how getting drop was executed, this proves it was the right move in my eyes and I want them to do better than ever (or else it wouldn't be worth it, right?).

Didn't mean any disrespect by the way (idk if it was taken that way). I'm a big fan of those that compete and contribute here often, so I only hope for the best for you going forward. I know you'll bounce back and find yourself on a solid team. Keep grindin man.

• Upvote (+1) 1