CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Good afternoon my fellow passionate Halo fans...

As your new Head of esports at 343 Industries, I vow to maintain these strict principles and take these following actions:

1. No radar in competitive
  2. Storm Rifle removed from competitive
  3. Nerf Plasma Caster
  4. Remove Fuel Rod from Truth
  5. Remove splinter grenade ability to one shot kill a full shield Spartan
  6. No introduction of obviously and offensively bad maps
  7. No introduction of potentially good maps with 3 or more power weapons placed on them
  8. Increased transparency and communication regarding prize pools, funding, schedule, limitations, etc.
  9. 7 open LANs per season (2 West Coast, 3 Midwest, 2 East Coast)
  10. Introduction of ability to host LANs without special servers
  11. Fixing current trash servers
  12. Encouragement of teabagging at all times
  13. Hiring of @@NavG3 as Captain of Meme Police to oversee all policing of poor memeing 
  14. Hiring of @@mediabrute as Meme Czar to oversee all memeing and memeing education
  15. Hiring of @@TheSimms as permanent caster and Assistant to the Meme Czar
  16. Official introduction of Team Beyond aka "the forums" as "Official Hub of Competitive Halo"
  17. Re-introduction of MLG as partner along with ESL
  18. Hiring of @@SnakeBite as Executive Director of Halo Esports Players Association
  19. Encouragement towards all professional Halo players to become forum posters first, Halo players second.

:simms:

you're fired for not being specific enough, especially with #9

why no northwest subcategory?  or mid-southwest, or upper southeast, or lower mid-southwest?

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!?!?!?!

As your new Head of esports at 343 Industries, I vow to maintain these strict principles and take these following actions:

3. Nerf Plasma Caster
  7. No introduction of potentially good maps with 3 or more power weapons placed on them
  8. Increased transparency and communication regarding prize pools, funding, schedule, limitations, etc.
  13. Hiring of @@NavG123 as Captain of Meme Police to oversee all policing of poor memeing 
  14. Hiring of @@mediabrute as Meme Czar to oversee all memeing and memeing education
  16. Official introduction of Team Beyond aka "the forums" as "Official Hub of Competitive Halo"
  18. Hiring of @@SnakeBite as Executive Director of Halo Esports Players Association
  19. Encouragement towards all professional Halo players to become forum posters first, Halo players second.

20. Provide an actual reason as to why EU league games are not streamed the 2nd day.

• Upvote (+1) 5

How to adapt to radar= crouch more, and when one shot play ring around the rosie behind a wall or box while looking at radar. Basically adapting to an easier playstyle of halo. Cool.

I am now a luminosity fan

• Upvote (+1) 3

Next HCS Director needs to have grassroots experience and preferably played/competed at a competitive during Halo 1, Halo 2, or Halo 3. This is exactly what Gears of War has, and you can see how it has impacted their scene in a positive way. 

I do not think Che did a terrible job or anything, but I for sure did not agree with probably 50% of the decisions that were made over the past year alone. 

Did Jack used to compete in Gears?

That's dope.

If he isn't going to cast,fuck it. Put Walshy in charge of esports at 343. He'll lead us to the promised land.

He's gotten a job at K Frank's new company. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If he isn't going to cast, fuck it, put Walshy in charge of esports at 343. He'll lead us to the promised land.

Walshy is our Jesus  ??

• Downvote (-1) 1

How to adapt to radar= crouch more, and when one shot play ring around the rosie behind a wall or box while looking at radar. Basically adapting to an easier playstyle of halo. Cool.

Thank you! This so much! 

Ring around the one shot rosie is the worst... PERIOD

I don't get how people can just stop being a fan of someone or a team after a bad week. If you can't root for your team/player through the rough times you were never a fan in the first place.

As a Detroit Lions fan I know this feeling all too well. Still here even after the 0-16 season.

That's dope.

She did not play GOW but she is sure passionate about GOW esports.

Also spoilers Jack is a woman.

3. Nerf Plasma Caster
  13. Hiring of @@NavG123 as Captain of Meme Police to oversee all policing of poor memeing 

Let the #MakeHaloGreatAgain 343/ESL/TeamBeyond dream team tickets commence \ :lxthul: /

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's dope.

When Ray and I spoke with Jack recently she said that she went to MLG Gears events and Hypefestation before she worked at The Coalition. 

I think the current Gears eSports program directly reflects this type of experience.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly though I think what needs to happen is for 343 to state that they're listening and address everything they can.

At the end of the day you can't make everyone happy, but initiative to show they care is what needs to happen

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now the real question, is the "embargo" lifted for 343 employees posting in this thread specifically? 

Also, I just want MLG back for the 18908245th time. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now the real question, is the "embargo" lifted for 343 employees posting in this thread specifically? 

Probably not considering it wasn't Che's idea to place an embargo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea Jack Felling is a woman

Made a edit to say spoilers too

Yep.

Make sure to follow her too if you like Gears, incredibly passionate person.

When Ray and I spoke with Jack recently she said that she went to MLG Gears events and Hypefestation before she worked at The Coalition. 

I think the current Gears eSports program directly reflects this type of experience.

wtffff

I've been following them since the MLG announcement was made and I didn't notice.

you're fired for not being specific enough, especially with #9

why no northwest subcategory?  or mid-southwest, or upper southeast, or lower mid-southwest?

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!?!?!?!

I don't get what's wrong with the plasma caster.

What embargo?

• Upvote (+1) 1

wtffff

I've been following them since the MLG announcement was made and I didn't notice.

It doesnt matter at all (not saying you think it does), I dont care who is in charge, Man, Woman, Alien Space Frog, just do a good job. 

• Upvote (+1) 3