CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Man....Cloud sure seems to be on Maniac and Optic's hook. I swear this is like the third time he's been in a position to get a roster spot with them and it doesn't happen. He even coached them!

Anyways, anyone know if roster lock is at a certain time? Like, I know it's on the 25th, but is that like as soon as it's 12:01 am on the 25th rosters are locked? Or like as soon as 11:59 pm on the 25th rosters are locked?

Which sucks because I think cloud on that team is an improvement over maniac.

Theres no doubt in my mind denial beats this version of optic.

The blue bar in the time part doesn't actually work on MCC.

I was more thrown off by it being a vine, considering it came out after h3's mm was full of modders and most games lagged, at least from what I remember.  

I remember bloodshots being a problem during its heyday, so it wouldn't matter if it were mcc.  I was just curious.  

obviously

tomorrow morning would be the 25th

Well it was already the 25th in Europe by the time you made your comment. So I just assumed you were in Europe and referring to the 25th since you just said "today". 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Cloud bugs me. He acts as if there's a player conspiracy to keep him out of the top 4, where he seems to believe he belongs. There's 2 players tops that he is better than in the pro league, and even that's debatable. He hasn't done anything to lead any of us to believe that he deserves better than where he is right now, other than be good at Halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Well it was already the 25th in Europe by the time you made your comment. So I just assumed you were in Europe and referring to the 25th since you just said "today". 

>eu rosters have already been locked, they were suppose to announce today lol

>It's Midnight in England. Maybe they wanted to wait for people to be awake in the EU.

that's 2 strikes cooper

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Which sucks because I think cloud on that team is an improvement over maniac.

Theres no doubt in my mind denial beats this version of optic.

Denial won't have Falcated though. 

I know I'm late, but of all the maps to remake they pick Haven?

With maps like Damnation, Turf, The Pit, Narrows and Sanctuary in the selection I'm a bit sad they pick one of "their" maps.

Not that Haven is a bad map, it's just not a "great" map. (IMO)

With maps like Damnation, Turf, The Pit, Narrows and Sanctuary in the selection I'm a bit sad they pick one of "their" maps.

It's a very "safe" map is what I feel. I'm not sure either what made Haven a candidate over other maps. As if we want to be reminded of H4.

• Upvote (+1) 2

To be fair Sanctuary, pit, and damnation have been remade before. Narrows remakes play badly on H5 because you can just thrust to top mid from the lift and Turf is lol

I think many here are underestimating how hard Sprint/Thrust/Clamber/Slide would destroy the old maps.

Imagine spawning 1st BR on The Pit, you'd be able to sprint-thrust-slide-jump to 2nd BR in less than 3 seconds even if they did scale the maps up. I can go on and on with things like that. Being a good map in a past Halo game does not make it a candidate for being a good map in Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 4

L8 or nah? 

@@InStiiNcT is fired for leaking  :intel:

Nah imagine. Connor's been an amazing person to work with and I'm excited for the future of Allegiance.  <3

• Upvote (+1) 6

I am a huge Halo nut and Halo 3 was very disappointing. The BR sounded like trash, felt like trash and the grenades were weak as fuck. Basically it was not fun to just shoot in Halo 3. Still played it a lot, but it didn't surpass its predecessor.

And Halo 5 is a lot more fun to play than Halo 3, but the maps are nowhere near as good. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Nah imagine. Connor's been an amazing person to work with and I'm excited for the future of Allegiance.  <3

Considering the ALG CoD team is doin well and the Halo team has a good path for success, future is bright for Allegiance. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

So you think H5 is a better games as a whole than H3?

Sounds like a pretty loaded question, but solely based on how much fun/how satisfying they are to play I would personally favor H5. They both are 2 of my favorite games to have played online, and Halo 5 is far from a perfect game but is more fun to play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So you think H5 is a better games as a whole than H3? Gonna have to firmly disagree on that one.

H3 campaign and customs are unrivaled, but in terms of gameplay it's sub par to even NBNS reach.

• Upvote (+1) 1

MLG is great. No doubt. The Regionals event completely surpassed my expectations, production-wise. All I'm saying is that the HCS can exist and thrive without them. The lack of MLG participation is not a dealbreaker, especially if they return for Worlds season again. They don't have a monopoly on the esports scene, there are plenty of other competent TOs that can run these events. PGL is one of them.

343 seems to be hesitant to work with MLG, only choosing to do so during the absolute biggest season of Halo 5 so far (NA lead-up to HWC), probably begrudgingly in order to maximize viewership/exposure for their biggest event. We have no idea why this is or who's in the wrong. Sure, the popular opinion here is that everything 343 does is horrible and everything MLG does is angelic, but I like to avoid circlejerks and look at things from a neutral point of view. We have no idea why 343 won't work with MLG and that's not likely to change. Some people and companies just refuse to work with others. Whatever the reason is, I'm over it and I'm not going to let it ruin my enjoyment of the season. ESL has done a fine job (more or less) over the past two years and seem to be making tremendous improvements with the upcoming season, and we know PGL runs a kickass event.

Let's not forget that MLG is owned by Activision, a competing studio to 343.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

that org has went from nothing to pretty notable overnight, they must be doing something very right

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still feel like ESL influence is a more likely reason for no MLG than something like 343 holding a grudge.

HCS is running the thing.

Plus MLG, ESL, Twitch and Youtube Gaming worked for the HWC. Can't see why they wouldn't work again.

Halo-World-Championship-Brands.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

You posted this quicker than I could get on this forum after posting it.