CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm confused why people who get annoyed with people crouching around are the same people who want radar gone. If radar is gone, it would be like everyone is crouching all the time. Am I missing something?

Just use awareness ya n00bs and git gud  :kappa:

No radar would make flanks way more effective, and it would be easier to break setups. People crouch/camp and they know exactly when someone is coming. It makes it much easier to use the true noob combo of H5, spam auto then beatdown. If you must have radar increase its range, and only show up if you are shooting/sprinting/thrusting/ect...  That way it keeps flanks in check to some degree without the need for crab walking so often.

I can definitely see no radar at all making the games harder to control and set up. So it seems like a fair compromise to use modded radar.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yeah. I honestly wish there was more outrage about splinter nades. They're so dumb.

I've been complaining since day one. Actually the most overpowered thing in the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've been complaining since day one. Actually the most overpowered thing in the game. 

343 will never nerf something they added to the sandbox, they only buff their "inventions". Plasma Caster and Hydra come to mine.

A lot of people have been playtesting the evolved settings but I haven't gotten a chance. I might be LAN'ing it this weekend though. I'll share what I can. The meta needs to constantly improve or else people will get bored and move on. Forge allows for so much growth.

Shout out to Richie Heinz for always being that one player thats overlooked but can absolutely take over games against the best. Loving what I'm seeing from this season! The finals are going to have so much hype. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

A lot of people have been playtesting the evolved settings but I haven't gotten a chance. I might be LAN'ing it this weekend though. I'll share what I can. The meta needs to constantly improve or else people will get bored and move on. Forge allows for so much growth.

Shout out to Richie Heinz for always being that one player thats overlooked but can absolutely take over games against the best. Loving what I'm seeing from this season! Finals are gonna be hype af.

Evolved is GOAT you're gonna love it.
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Splitters suck but i'm good with them and know where 99% of them are located so I don't complain about them. I think thats the case for a lot other people too

I hate the rail more because I suck with it and everyone I play against doesn't miss with it. It goes off the map for the storm as soon as I get it on Fathom.

FTFY  :kappa:

LOL I almost wrote that but realized that they didn't even make it to game 5 this week.

I agree with storm rifles and splinter grenades but I think the game would play better with no radar or at least a modified radar that is already programmed into the game as a warzone card.

Splinter grenades just stay "active" for a second too long and they shouldn't kill your ability to thrust when they explode in proximity.  Their general purpose is good though. "area of denial" weapon when used properly.

SR is totally OP but we have known that since last october soooo....

• Upvote (+1) 1

EU Pro League Week 1 Stats

FabE:

q4eUXzQ.jpg

Vibe:

vOGOeVG.jpg

Pulse: 

5y9SQ7x.jpg

Xmen: 

k2SMq08.jpg

Infused: 

gG1dlHl.jpg

Prophecy: 

4GHndBo.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Splitters suck but i'm good with them and know where 97% of them are located so I don't complain about them. I think thats the case for a lot other people too

I hate the rail more because I suck with it and everyone I play against doesn't miss with it. It goes off the map for the storm as soon as I get it on Fathom.

The way I see it is:

1. take your time with the ones you know are still around 

2. if your directly hit with one and die its basically like you were stuck with a plasma

there are ways around em. Ryanoob made a good video on it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL I almost wrote that but realized that they didn't even make it to game 5 this week.

Splinter grenades just stay "active" for a second too long and they shouldn't kill your ability to thrust when they explode in proximity.  Their general purpose is good though. "area of denial" weapon when used properly.

SR is totally OP but we have known that since last october soooo....

Or just remove their ability to instakill in any situations.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Evolved is GOAT you're gonna love it.

Shout out to Richie Heinz for always being that one player thats overlooked but can absolutely take over games against the best. Loving what I'm seeing from this season! The finals are going to have so much hype. 

Played it in a very limited quantity, but I can attest that the Evolved settings are straight fire. Makes Halo 5 much more bearable to play.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My THOUGHTS:

• This season of Pro League is FUCKING LIT
  • EG needs to cut it off with being titled so often. They were doing so well and after that one replay things were never the same
  • Please clean your room/house if you are appearing on camera. Maybe I am in the minority, but messes trigger me hard. 
  • Can't wait for more Halo in 2 weeks. 
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone who says that breakout and ricochet aren't competitive literally can't adapt to H5. Literally don't add me I literally can't even right now

Ricochet >>>>>

Don't @ me 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ricochet >>>>>

Don't @ me

In all seriousness community forge ricochet was by far the most fun I had in halo 4
  • Upvote (+1) 3

My only gripe about radar (and as someone mentioned already) is that flanks suck in H5.  Nothing is excited about someone crouching around slowly or camping with SMG just waiting for someone to walk by.  It would be a lot more exciting to see someone thrust slide into a room full enemies with rockets or shotty while shouting "surprise motherfuckers!"

• Upvote (+1) 9

Or just remove their ability to instakill in any situations.

Nah, instakill is fine if you get hit and dont thrust in time, its your fault for being slow.  But to make it so you are unable to thrust at all?? thats some hard BS imo.

Any chance of using this format for the next pro league?

- Top 4 get to start in the LAN winners bracket

- 5th & 6th must start in the LAN losers bracket

- 7th and 8th still play the relegation tournament

- Then the winners of the Relegation tournament also get to start in the loser bracket.

That would mean that theoretically a team that has not played in the season could win first place and the prize pool. 

Intuitively, it doesn't really make sense to me that a team which did not participate in the season, can become the season champion.

In all seriousness community forge ricochet was by far the most fun I had in halo 4

Yeah its a really fun gametype on good maps for it. It shouldn't have been put in HCS with the H2A maps though 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ricochet should definitely be tested for competitive play.. Nay, it should be add a week before season 2 finals without warning, as of course is tradition  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is why it's important to always look at peoples opinions with a grain of salt even if they're considered a Halo pro. Not every Halo pro is informed on what changes are required in order for Halo to be fully optimized for competitive play. Not every Halo pro knows what's best for Halo from a competitive settings standpoint.

He was right about the storm rifle needing a nerf but he was completely wrong about it being the only detrimental aspect of the game that needs to be changed. Also his "adapt" argument when defending to keep radar in the competitive settings is pretty weak. We don't need to value ignorant opinions such as his because they're ill-informed and most likely don't have any solid foundations to support their arguments.

This is for anybody in here that is getting burned out on Halo 5's matchmaking settings and are looking for a decent alternative to it. I highly recommend trying out Halo 5's "Evolved" settings that the community has made.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'm confused why people who get annoyed with people crouching around are the same people who want radar gone. If radar is gone, it would be like everyone is crouching all the time. Am I missing something?

Just use awareness ya n00bs and git gud  :kappa:

Edit: @@Fictius instead of down voting. Tell me why I'm wrong. What's the difference? If you can't tell a guy is there when he's crouching off radar how could you tell he's there when he's walking off radar?

its boring to watch and play when you have to move at a snail's pace to not have the game spoon feed your location to the enemy. It's not boring when you can move at a normal speed without the game spoon feeding your location to the enemy.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I dont have any problem with splinters. I actually like them. If they wanted them to be more of a power up or power weapon I'd be ok with that.

If I had a problem with any of the weapons it would probably be the brute plasma...

How can I be melted to no shields with 2-3 shots from that thing from 20-30 feet away?

I think that thing pisses me off more than the storm or splinters combined.