CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Missed the first 2 matches last night. My 200$/mo "official internet of pro gaming" did not work for a consistent 4 hours. It appears to have effected everyone in the area. I hope no one was playing from the EG house.

Finally regained connection in time to watch the end of Ola's interview. 

I hate comcast so much.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Friendly reminder:

Yes, other Halo communities will have different taste than us, yes it's easy to mock them and whatnot. This isn't going to help grow our scene though, all we can do is keep at it and hope we gain new fans everyday with Ninja no-scope to the crazy game 5 of nV vs OpTic.

Thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I know this is the pro league thread. But the open circuit teams this season are really good. I know The Chat Shade Squad (Nemassist, Boamx, Dastroyed, and Yiws) scrimmed ALG and won 4-2(?)

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Friendly reminder:

Yes, other Halo communities will have different taste than us, yes it's easy to mock them and whatnot. This isn't going to help grow our scene though, all we can do is keep at it and hope we gain new fans everyday with Ninja no-scope to the crazy game 5 of nV vs OpTic.

Thanks.

dat mirror tho...it looks like my parents waterbed they had when I was growing up in the 90s

El Town: The only xbox player to seriously mean "I'll fuck your mom"

• Upvote (+1) 7

I know this is the pro league thread. But the open circuit teams this season are really good. I know The Chat Shade Squad (Nemassist, Boamx, Dastroyed, and Yiws) scrimmed ALG and won 4-2(?)

Dastroyed is good. I play him and Galaxy in dubs alot. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't want to call it an excuse for OpTic because nV played great last night...but is it really that bad for Royal 2 on his Canadian internet? If so, nV shouldn't be too happy. Last map 50-47 and constantly being beat in scrims isn't a good sign for LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

One of the most toxic things I see in twitch chat has to be random people saying they could beat EU pros and that they look like gold players  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 4

a bit out of the loop, but what happened to Goldenboy? how come he doesnt cast halo anymore?

I don't want to call it an excuse for OpTic because nV played great last night...but is it really that bad for Royal 2 on his Canadian internet? If so, nV shouldn't be too happy. Last map 50-47 and constantly being beat in scrims isn't a good sign for LAN.

Royal 2 net is really trash man 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah I can imagine it's pretty bad for Royal 2. Like others have said, I wouldnt say anyone is better than OpTic until they win an actual LAN event. 

I know its probably not close but whenever I play early mornings (7-10am EST) I always get EU servers and its trash. I imagine its similarly bad for Royal 2. 

And dont say anything about nV being happy lol anytime they lose and someone talks shit they get super butthurt. 

I'm confused by what you mean. nV shouldn't be happy and Optic is constantly being beat in scrims? Or nV shouldn't be happy and they are constantly being beat in scrims?

And that last part is completely not true in either scenario. There's a reason people say only LANs matter. Online Halo has no effect on that. There's teams that are known as online warriors because they have the superior connection yet get destroyed on LAN.

a bit out of the loop, but what happened to Goldenboy? how come he doesnt cast halo anymore?

He works for Twitch and has tons of projects currently and into the future. I believe his major thing right now is casting the Pro Rocket League, but he's also working the OverWatch Open I think. 

I was trying to book him for my event in a few weeks but he was all booked up :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was once very excited about the new EG squad, but starting to doubt them at this point.  What if EG picked up Renegade and Ace?  According to arena stats that would be better than ninj\vic

• Downvote (-1) 4

Long story short, he got ton of shit from us and decided to go different way (games) for now.

Also he said casting weekly matches at Esl wouldn't work out for him.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Long story short, he got ton of shit from us and decided to go different way (games) for now.

I dont think we drove Goldenboy out per say, though I'm sure it didnt convince him otherwise. The dudes up and coming with a lot of opportunities, I dont think we chased him out, I think he chased other opportunities out. 

@@Timo Any movement on not using player outlines 100% of the time? I have no problem with it being used, just don't like to see it used literally every second of the matches. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was once very excited about the new EG squad, but starting to doubt them at this point.  What if EG picked up Renegade and Ace?  According to arena stats that would be better than ninj\vic

God, I hope youre trolling.

• Upvote (+1) 2

you trolling right?

Good Riddance
  • Downvote (-1) 19

Good Riddance

Dunno. There were bad moments like when he didn't notice flag was capped, but he was natural, funny guy, golden voice, seemed to glue ppl together. I think i miss him.

• Upvote (+1) 1