CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

how is trying to hit more viewers nerve wracking?

I was just being hyperbolic and joking around. It was just dancing around 13,900-14,500 for a long time.

I'm just going to sneak a post in here saying congratulations to nV on a fantastic series. Huge props.

Back to connection issues now please.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Someone already brought up nV assisting 45 of 50 kills, but Optic also put of 40 assists for their 47. Crazy to only have 12 unassisted kills in a game with 97 kills, that's how you do well on Regret though.

This reminds me of the 2010 National Championship. I forget which team Status Quo was playing(Instinct maybe), but they got 65 assists on Amplified slayer. It was pretty insane.

We got the optic deal done 2 days before the pro league, and we didn't really negotiate him having a room in the house the day of. Look at this from a real person perspective not a halo fan for a moment. He's not going to be up and relocated in 2 weeks from his home where he has lived his whole life.  

I'm pretty sure one of y'all had already mentioned he was going to move to the Optic house for scrims soon anyway. Just don't lose anymore and you won't have to keep defending him.  :lxthul:

Edit: I'm backing up Lethul here guys, just making a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm pretty sure one of y'all had already mentioned he was going to move to the Optic house for scrims soon anyway. Just don't lose anymore and you won't have to keep defending him.

I'm not defending him because of losses really, I'm just trying to give people some actual perspective not just a blind point of view where it's just buying the best flight and coming to the states

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm so sick of hearing about Royal 2's connection. This is his full time job, it's his responsibility to put himself in the best situation to win. Invest in your career choice.

Because it's so easy and such a great idea to find a new place and probably spend hundreds just to play Halo right? 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We got the optic deal done 2 days before the pro league, and we didn't really negotiate him having a room in the house the day of. Look at this from a real person perspective not a halo fan for a moment. He's not going to be up and relocated in 2 weeks from his home where he has lived his whole life.  

As long as there are solid plans in place to correct the situation.

I started by stating that he needs to be proactive and make a change if his current location isnt going to work, you sarcastically responded that youll get him to buy a condo.

Now you say hes going to stay at the OpTic house and things are still being worked out, and that's acceptable. Try leading with that.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Because it's so easy and such a great idea to find a new place and probably spend hundreds just to play Halo right? 

When you make hundreds of thousands, yes. Yes it is.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 12

I'm not defending him because of losses really, I'm just trying to give people some actual perspective not just a blind point of view where it's just buying the best flight and coming to the states

Oh I was just kidding, it just only comes up whenever you guys lose even though it's already been addressed a bunch already.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As long as there are solid plans in place to correct the situation.

I started by stating that he needs to be proactive and make a change if his current location isnt going to work, you sarcastically responded that youll get him to buy a condo.

Now you say hes going to stay at the OpTic house and things are still being worked out, and that's acceptable. Try leading with that.

These things don't happen overnight, just like a move in a "real world" situation. We're trying our best man trust me we aren't just saying screw it hopefully the online league works out. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think some people forget that a lot of the time there aren't any other options for switching ISP's, no matter how much money a person has. 

But naw, you guys should just all move to Seattle with the amount of money you made :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Right? And let's be honest I wouldn't necessarily call playing professional Halo for a couple years and retiring a "career"

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

These things don't happen overnight, just like a move in a "real world" situation. We're trying our best man trust me we aren't just saying screw it hopefully the online league works out. 

Again, I didn't know about these plans. All we as fans see is tweets and mentions regarding internet struggles constantly, and I'm glad there are solutions in motion. The more you know.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Again, I didn't know about these plans. All we as fans see is tweets and mentions regarding internet struggles constantly, and I'm glad there are solutions in motion. The more you know.

Like I said in a comment above, you really don't have many options for internet. The way it is right now is shit and allows for ISPs to hold monopoly over others. Moving is usually the only remedy and that is a huge life choice regardless of the money.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Agreed, I live in a pretty isolated area but still get decent internet speeds. But my internet randomly has disconnects and I always have for the past like 10 years, no other options. I wish we could all just have some fiber OpTic choices but I still wanna live with my mommy. 

Going by distance, you guys live the furthest apart i would guess. Canada/Cali/midwest right? 

Lol at thinking it is as simple as just 'moving' to a place with better internet especially the US. Even with the unrestricted pretty much free travel within the US and Canada, you cannot just up and move between the countries. Couple that with the fact you cannot just 'move' into the OpTic house as if it is freshman year and everyone gets assigned rooms. It is a regular large house with limited space where a bunch of people already live. If he wanted to officially move, Royal2 would need a work visa to reside in the US if he is claiming income, he would need to sign a lease to rent a place giving first and last months rent, this place would need superb internet and often times you are very limited with rental places with regards to the kind of cable/internet you can get, he will then have to go from being a young guy and living with his parents to living alone and on his own. And even then for what. What happens when pro league is over. He has friends, family, education, school etc. At best he can probably stay with his teammates at their houses for matches rather than do a permanent shift.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Like I said in a comment above, you really don't have many options for internet. The way it is right now is shit and allows for ISPs to hold monopoly over others. Moving is usually the only remedy and that is a huge life choice regardless of the money.

I agree with everything you're saying. But if this is a serious endeavor and moving is the only solution then it has to be done. TJ said they have plans in place so I don't wanna clog up this thread with this topic anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Agreed. I have the absolute best internet available in my

area and it's still dogshit. CenturyLink holds the high speed internet monopoly in my area so there is nothing I can do about averaging 110ms ping to Halo servers while living in the United States. It's actually a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 2

When you make hundreds of thousands, yes. Yes it is.

It's not fair for him to have to move out potentially changing his life and spend his hard earned money from tournaments on a place to live for better internet because of the shitty Halo servers we have.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I agree with everything you're saying. But if this is a serious endeavor and moving is the only solution then it has to be done. TJ said they have plans in place so I don't wanna clog up this thread with this topic anymore.

I'm in the convo we are immune I think. Just trying to give some info on it, I answer it a lot on stream so it's frustrating for sure. The game is getting worse for everyone it's just unfortunate that it's even a situation.

Going by distance, you guys live the furthest apart i would guess. Canada/Cali/midwest right? 

Michigan, Saskatchewan, So-Cal, Nj. Pretty spread out yea. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Wait, if Renegade's on LOL, who did Elite 4 pick up?

No, casters just don't know what they're talking about... unless I don't know what I'm talking about. Just continuing to sub since LOL didn't want to make their decision now when they could make it in 2-3 weeks while using renegade as a sub.