CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Stellur is staying on E6? I swear someone called that a few days ago and got shit on for it. Who could it have possibly been?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Stellur is staying on E6? I swear someone called that a few days ago and got shit on for it. Who could it have possibly been?

It's just a bunch of chaos out here man don't believe anything about team stuff right now, roster change rules + roster lock rules are just making this a shit show

• Upvote (+1) 8

Regardless, Stellur scrimming with E6 says he's at least considering the possibility of staying on E6. He didn't scrim with them for the first few weeks, so the fact that he is now is telling.

Regardless, Stellur scrimming with E6 says he's at least considering the possibility of staying on E6. He didn't scrim with them for the first few weeks, so the fact that he is now is telling.

Well he's stuck there for this week now, so it's smart for everyone. Put the differences aside and if they have a good 2-0 week they would be in a pretty good spot. If it is a choice between making finals and playing halo with people for a few more weeks and being bottom 4 maybe bottom 2 you can bet people will try the first one. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

everyone but el town is in a better position waiting it out. He seems to be the one hurt the most from lack of options. Other than LOL, i dont see a team for him

in other news, i am 100% in favor of nerfing the caster

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's just a bunch of chaos out here man don't believe anything about team stuff right now, roster change rules + roster lock rules are just making this a shit show

Care to explain your issues with roster lock?

Do you think teams should be able to make more/fewer teams changes

Do you think there shouldn't be trade Windows that close prior to matchups?

Care to explain your issues with roster lock?

Do you think teams should be able to make more/fewer teams changes

Do you think there shouldn't be trade Windows that close prior to matchups?

I think in pro league there should be a transfer period like there is, but I think that it should just be back to the days of 2 players + a captain tbh, people should be able to team with who they want to team with. Plus apparently now the team "manager" HAS to email in the changes and if they don't they can't happen. Why are there managers in the first place? It's literally a useless middle man for the players and ESL which causes a wrench in things. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Yeah, T2 has been a bit savage lately. Probably in their best interests to tone him down.

• Upvote (+1) 9

everyone but el town is in a better position waiting it out. He seems to be the one hurt the most from lack of options. Other than LOL, i dont see a team for him

I can't get a kill with the caster but yea I agree

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think in pro league there should be a transfer period like there is, but I think that it should just be back to the days of 2 players + a captain tbh, people should be able to team with who they want to team with. Plus apparently now the team "manager" HAS to email in the changes and if they don't they can't happen. Why are there managers in the first place? It's literally a useless middle man for the players and ESL which causes a wrench in things.

I see

It seems like the manager simply exists because they want a third party to handle 2x2 splits. It doesn't make sense to me why a player (captain) can't just handle it.

I do get the one change per season thing though. Consistency makes the league much easier to follow for viewers and it does provide a bit of security for players.

I see

It seems like the manager simply exists because they want a third party to handle 2x2 splits. It doesn't make sense to me why a player (captain) can't just handle it.

I do get the one change per season thing though. Consistency makes the league much easier to follow for viewers and it does provide a bit of security for players.

Yea I get the one change per season, consistency is good. I just think it's annoying for players to get stuck in situations where they aren't content with their surroundings. But I think from a players perspective more and I get what you're saying too. Tbh the 1 change per team thing isn't a huge deal to me. The manager thing does handle the 2x2 split but now they are giving them like the POWER to make these team changes happen... like if showtime doesn't email in about stellur he could just be on that team even if he doesn't want to be, and wants to join like LG. And he's not contractually obligated to E6 or anything so it seems to just counter their own system. 

I think that's how that scenario would go at least, and I'm not saying that is like what's going to happen but it applies here. I'm pretty sure that's how it works though, if I'm mistaken I'm sorry I don't really deal with this stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I was champ in multiple seasons for FFA and I never had a problem finding games. And late night was always the best time to find games.

he's right. every time i get high onyx in ffa it takes forever to find a game, especially late at night. If you switch to expanded, you might get something, but it's mostly shit foreign servers

Yea I get the one change per season, consistency is good. I just think it's annoying for players to get stuck in situations where they aren't content with their surroundings. But I think from a players perspective more and I get what you're saying too. Tbh the 1 change per team thing isn't a huge deal to me. The manager thing does handle the 2x2 split but now they are giving them like the POWER to make these team changes happen... like if showtime doesn't email in about stellur he could just be on that team even if he doesn't want to be, and wants to join like LG. And he's not contractually obligated to E6 or anything so it seems to just counter their own system.

I think that's how that scenario would go at least, and I'm not saying that is like what's going to happen but it applies here. I'm pretty sure that's how it works though, if I'm mistaken I'm sorry I don't really deal with this stuff.

Good point. I never thought of it like that. A manage can hold a player hostage.

I guess it's a double edged sword. Giving the team manager total control over roster moves allows them to stiff individual players.

But if individuals players could initiate roster moves w/o their Current teams blessing, mid season, teams could be left high and dry. And with no remaining moves would lose their ability to plan.

I guess these issues really aren't much different from what we see in traditional sports.

Edit: I think there should be preseason contract deadlines and players w/o contracts should be considered free agents. Free agents should be able to initiate their departure during the transition period, at no cost to the team or the player. However, Any team that picks them up will be using their only roster move.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You just made the list! chris-jericho-unveils-the-list-o-840x560You stupid idiot! 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 21

3.Every playlist is ranked even if it doesn't show you a ranking.

This does not make much sense though. The simple fact that ranks are not shown makes ppl go easier. Tryhards wants their ranks to be seen.

Probably 90% of players only play Warzone, they will never realease numbers.

This

Micro$oft will never release numbers like this. They are a public corporation and Halo is their Marquee console seller. They do not want their investors to know exactly how many or how few people play. This is exactly why they no longer give console sales numbers. They are making these vague statements to investors not to customers. This is exactly why corporate America is complete trash.

Investors > Customers

Bungie was passionate to make game that was fun. 343 is just trying to make an exciting game that people will buy.

The game is so broken right now. What have 343 done to it?

Is the Internet issue fixed in EU or are they playing anyway? 

good morning knighty

enhanced-8463-1431379002-16.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure if this was posted here yet (or even if it should be.)

Showed up in my recommendations:

https://youtu.be/rV59wrsPDz8

It covers the pov from the warzone/casual community and how most of them feel towards 343, which is not happy (cut from separate cloth but both sides feel the same towards them) and confirms some of the competitive communities concerns and potentially reveals new issues with the game.

1.Games broken, breaks more every update.

2.Pointless updates instead of fixing actual issues with the game (theatre mode/spectator mode.)

3.Every playlist is ranked even if it doesn't show you a ranking.

4.False transparency (acknowledging a problem doing nothing about it.)

5. Lazy implementation of game modes or maps (broken on release.)

Just something I found interesting and worth sharing with you guys since it's basically the same problems we've had but for different reasons.

Quoting to give more exposure to video/channel. Act Man hasn't been around long but has fast become one of my favourite Halo YouTubers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

good morning knighty

enhanced-8463-1431379002-16.jpg

Someone asked me on Live if I was you the other day. I'd just carried him in Arena. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Out of curiosity, since the update does anyone else have the issue that checking score in game makes your frame rate drop to like 5 frames per second?
  • Upvote (+1) 3