CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Is there public data on this anywhere?

Those Month of Mythic REQ packs will be making a shit ton.

Those Month of Mythic REQ packs will be making a shit ton.

I'm sure 343 makes a killing on req packs, but I doubt the top brass will think it wise to dump money into halo prize pools, I doubt they are seeing much ROI I'm from Halo's Esports scene.

They've that I recall, they've only run 1 paid ad since H5 dropped- an ad for the Warcraft movie.

If anything they need to invest that money into better infrastructure and spectator tools so that they can offer viewers a more compelling product.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alright Team Beyond, I have a major question: I honestly want your guys' opinion on my recap for day one of week two.

I really want to provide a game-by-game breakdown that doesn't go on for ages and that the community can read and enjoy. As someone who is fairly new to the scene as a wrier, I need some veteran eyes on it.

If it sucks, let me know how I can improve it. If it's good, maybe I can continue to post it to catch up those who missed a game or two last night.

Anyways, here it is:

https://gamurs.com/articles/hcs-pro-league-week-2-day-1-recap

(P.S. Sorry if this is a link spam, I just really need to get a pulse on if this is good or not, and how I can improve. Thank you guys so much.)

I have a few items of feedback, most of it will be small things but if I have time a bit later I may look into it more in-depth.

- EG v nV game 4 was a must-win for EG, not nV.

- There were a few instances where I would recommend different word choice or sentence structure, which I think comes down to my preference for more formal writing when describing details and play-by-play. I like your writing style but I believe adding a more direct voice at times would improve readability and clarity.

- Sometimes use exact scores to make it easier for readers to stay on track. Using 'up five with eight to go' makes for more interesting writing, but with the tendency for skimming in today's age, using an exact 42-37 scoreline can bring the reader back into focus.

- A few errors: compliment should be complement; 'got up early on the board'  seems to be a combination of 'went up early' and 'got on the board early', and I'm not sure if that flows too well; 'blame' has a negative connotation and probably shouldn't be used to give credit for leading a comeback.

• Upvote (+1) 1

APG said on stream that they have been approached by Denial, Elevate, Winterfox and the CEO of MoneyMatches.

Aww it'd be sad to see eLevate leave Randa. Denial or Winterfox would be nice to have.

But of course! It reminds me of default halo reach, which is the only halo game ever to surpass halo 5's skill gap. Knowing when to pace the dmr made it so much more skillful than a gun that just shot where you aimed. Then they had to make it have no bloom and no sprint and it was all about brute accuracy instead of smarts.

Even though bloom was a terrible mechanic it did make shitty players even worse. It's so easy to turn on noobs because they would just spam as fast as they could and miss all their shots.

I also noticed Roy shitting on Huke in almost every individual battle they had. The way that series went down will forever require a trigger warning for me.

Huke seemingly has been underperforming this season, but its likely do to how the team is set up. Before, Huke was called upon almost always to be the one to go off and outslay the enemy team, now that everyone is just as capable as him, he doesn't have any way of getting in the spotlight like he once did. It may very well be that because Huke is already so good at slaying that his team is trying to make him more versatile, shaping him into an overall better player.

Maybe he's just been underperforming

I don't know

Even though bloom was a terrible mechanic it did make shitty players even worse. It's so easy to turn on noobs because they would just spam as fast as they could and miss all their shots.

Pretty sure it was just sarcasm bud

We should try and get 500 tweets for them to add info about Frosty, I mean it's not like he dominated our ASTRO Spartans Halo 5 online tourneys or something when the game came out :lxthul:

why would they want to promote content from another website ? they probably dont watch all the content thats posted, why would they want to support and promote content they havent watched?  :simms:  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 7

Edit: Apparently MoneyMatches reached out to LOL to sponsor them this season. Also mentioned Elevate, Denial, Winterfox (pls) and a new org called EUnited.

EUnited is managed by former CoD Pro Burnsoff, so that wouldn't be a horrible one for them to end up with.  He's a good guy and a hard worker with a drive for winning.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pro level players spammed all the time

• Upvote (+1) 4

EUnited is managed by former CoD Pro Burnsoff, so that wouldn't be a horrible one for them to end up with. He's a good guy and a hard worker with a drive for winning.

Burnsoff can be their fourth. :kappa: