CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Homies have a private jet but wont invest $50 to revamp their logo  :holmes: :kappa:

That would be disrespectful to whoever de$igned it. You can't do that whens your in the E6 family.

I agree the ruling should've been EG needed 16 and NV needed 66. The thing that really sucks is that they more than likely would've won the game if the lagout didnt happen. Despite the replay rules not being ideal- it doesnt matter because they didn't get 13 points so they would've lost anyway. For future situations they should look into changing it for sure

I don't disagree with your overall point but what you and many others have said about "they didn't get 13 points so they would've lost anyway" is where I disagree. Are you really saying that if the rule was for EG to get 14 points rather than 51 and NV had to get 60+ instead of 100 the game would've played out the exact same? unlikely. There's so many more variables that could've changed had the rule been different. Mainly both team's approach to the game 

Take a game of soccer for example. Say Barcelona and Real Madrid are playing and Barcelona is given an incorrect penalty that allows them to go up 1-0 two minutes into the game. The game ends 3-1 in Barcelona's favor. Real fans complain about the penalty and Barca fans respond by saying something like 'well even without the penalty we still would've won 2-1'. Well no because that early goal changes everything. The rest of the game would not go down the same had that penalty not been given. Who knows had that penalty not been given and Real didn't have to play the rest of the game downhill the game could've easily gone in their favor.

Similar thing in this case. Had EG only needed 14 points they could've approached the game with much more confidence and aggression and nV could've been much more nervous about letting EG gain points since they only needed 14. Not saying that certainly would've happened but there's a strong likelihood that the game would've played out differently had the score to win been different.    

Where was Nooby Dooby when EG beat OpTic?

He didn't come by and say THE DUE HAS BEEN PAID.

I believe the prophet decreed that Snipedown was due for a win, and therefore the prophecy has not yet been fulfilled

My god, it's like this is the first lag out that has ever happened during pro league.. 

These are the type of issues that are going to happen when you run an online pro league.

Teams have to be able to respond accordingly and stay focused. 

At the end of the day, EG came out for that "replay" (or whatever you want to call it) flat-footed and got man-handled by nV.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I don't disagree with your overall point but what you and many others have said about "they didn't get 13 points so they would've lost anyway" is where I disagree. Are you really saying that if the rule was for EG to get 14 points rather than 51 and NV had to get 60+ instead of 100 the game would've played out the exact same? unlikely. There's so many more variables that could've changed had the rule been different. Mainly both team's approach to the game 

Take a game of soccer for example. Say Barcelona and Real Madrid are playing and Barcelona is given an incorrect penalty that allows them to go up 1-0 two minutes into the game. The game ends 3-1 in Barcelona's favor. Real fans complain about the penalty and Barca fans respond by saying something like 'well even without the penalty we still would've won 2-1'. Well no because that early goal changes everything. The rest of the game would not go down the same had that penalty not been given. Who knows had that penalty not been given and Real didn't have to play the rest of the game downhill the game could've easily gone in their favor.

Similar thing in this case. Had EG only needed 14 points they could've approached the game with much more confidence and aggression and nV could've been much more nervous about letting EG gain points since they only needed 14. Not saying that certainly would've happened but there's a strong likelihood that the game would've played out differently had the score to win been different.    

I just don't fully agree. For example when a team is up 99-40 or something, they only need 1 push to win, you overthink it sometimes and try forcing stuff you don't need to desperately just trying to get that 1 point. What I was trying to say in my original post was I'm really upset the lag out happened because they had a very very very high chance of winning the game right there but in the replay they just made desperation plays and didn't play it the way they were in the first game

• Upvote (+1) 2

MS would be fools to launch scorpio with no flagship title.

You mean like they did with the xbox one?  :kappa:

Who's to say that EG does play it differently? Maybe they do, but they try to desperate a lot of caps knowing they only need a few points and it backfires. Point is, even if the SH rules were different, doesn't mean EG would've won. It's a shitty situation, but saying EG would've won with different rules is pure speculation.

Also I've seen some people throw around that they hope EG isn't tilted today. One loss isn't the end of their season, especially when they've got so much going for them. If that ruling is still getting to them nearly 24 hours later, that's just shitty mentalities on their part, and I know guys that have been in the scene and top pros for a decade are better than that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I know I'm alone on this, but I didn't get MCC until a few months before Halo 5 came out, but I honestly had a flawless experience. I found matches fast, felt like the variety of playlist was decent and I didn't have many issues. So for me the MCC hatred doesn't hit home, is there a summary of how bad it was/is because I honestly had a great experience with it start to finish.

I bought it after the first real patch dropped (a couple months after the game was released) and I never had a problem finding a match in under 30 seconds in any playlist.  I wish they had a CE 4v4 playlist and there are some bugs (especially with H1/H2) but I'm 95% satisfied with MCC for sure

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My god, it's like this is the first lag out that has ever happened during pro league.. 

These are the type of issues that are going to happen when you run an online pro league.

At the end of the day, EG came out for that "replay" (or whatever you want to call it) flat-footed and got man-handled by nV.

Yeah they played poorly in the replay but the ruling was crap no way they should of taken the difference EG should of only needed 14 points the ruling tilted them so hard i mean honestly i think any team would be tilted after that.

That's kind of a cop out to say teams should be prepared for lagouts. 

LOL

like how do you prepare for that?

Its a shit situation and its nobodys fault except for 343 and maybe a little of ESL for the shit rules. Not saying it would have went differently with different rules but I dont think the one they have in place now is the best solution. 

I honestly think EG was prob on full tilt bc they KNOW they would have won that game (prob series too tbh) if there wasnt a lagout. NV can say whatever they want but they were getting the D for most of the game on Eden.

Look at me typing all tumlbr style...I bet @@Moses_FPS is proud

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I bought it after the first real patch dropped (a couple months after the game was released) and I never had a problem finding a match in under 30 seconds in any playlist. I wish they had a CE 4v4 playlist and there are a some bugs (especially with H1/H2) but I'm 95% satisfied with MCC for sure

Then you're easy to satisfy, because MCC is straight trash.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Who's to say that EG does play it differently? Maybe they do, but they try to desperate a lot of caps knowing they only need a few points and it backfires. Point is, even if the SH rules were different, doesn't mean EG would've won. It's a shitty situation, but saying EG would've won with different rules is pure speculation.

Also I've seen some people throw around that they hope EG isn't tilted today. One loss isn't the end of their season, especially when they've got so much going for them. If that ruling is still getting to them nearly 24 hours later, that's just shitty mentalities on their part, and I know guys that have been in the scene and top pros for a decade are better than that.

If you're referring to my post I wasn't arguing that EG wouldv'e won had they only needed 14 points. They very well couldv'e still lost or even lost worse (not got any points even). All I'm saying is that we can't gauge how they wouldv'e played in a game to 14 points by looking at how they did in a game to 51. There's variables that could drastically change what would happen in the game.

So I know I'm alone on this, but I didn't get MCC until a few months before Halo 5 came out, but I honestly had a flawless experience. I found matches fast, felt like the variety of playlist was decent and I didn't have many issues. So for me the MCC hatred doesn't hit home, is there a summary of how bad it was/is because I honestly had a great experience with it start to finish.

I could write down a list, but i don't think there are enough rolls of toilet paper in the world.

Oh wait, here's on from a whole year after release https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3hxihf/the_master_chief_collection_buglist/, and http://www.halobugs.com/ Most notably, the hit registration is beyond messed up. if you thought OG H3 was bad, you aint seen nothing yet

• Upvote (+1) 2

You mean like they did with the xbox one?  :kappa:

the same one getting outsold 2:1 by the ps4 :kappa:

they should learn from their mistakes, not repeat them like sony did with the ps4pro