CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I hope if H3A is a thing, then they do it the justice it deserves. It will be easier to focus entirely on one game, rather than a whole saga. 

But I'm fairly certain that H3A isn't a thing, and in my soul I know that 343 would absolutely destroy everything we loved about that game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think you're right, but serious question - what was the timeline for no bloom/no sprint in Reach? I don't know how the answer compares to H5's lifecycle.

ZBNS came over a year after Reach released. 5 years ago yesterday, actually.

There's still time. It's not too late boys!

• Upvote (+1) 1

But I'm fairly certain that H3A isn't a thing

h3a is 100% a thing

money talks

@@NavG123 were u drunk in twitch chat last night or what? lol ❤ 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

343 would absolutely destroy everything we loved about that game.

So much this.

I don't plan on supporting anymore of their "remakes" for this reason alone. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reeaaally confused why people are getting their hopes up for H3A. Literally the whole point of MCC was so that they didn't have to keep wasting time/resources remastering games every 3 years. MCC being a flop doesn't really factor into the equation unfortunately: H3 is fully playable on the X1 and that's the end of that. Maybe, MAYBE, we'll see an H3A campaign DLC for MCC but I don't see it going anywhere past that.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

h3a is 100% a thing

money talks

then may god have mercy on H3's soul

• Upvote (+1) 4

Starcraft has resume from replay, you can resume the game from anytime you want in a replay.

Technologically speaking, this is possible in Halo 5. They record everything on the server, the data is there, they just need to dump it out into the custom game. 

-but obviously not as easy as what i just say, but possible

• Upvote (+1) 1

Adding DLC to a game that is still completely broken for some people sounds like a recipe for disaster. 

This. There's no way they don't do anything at all for Halo 3's anniversary so it's either H3A or a bunch of H5 DLC. But can they start charging for DLC after 2 years of free DLC? I mean, people would most likely still pay, but it'd make more sense to release a stand alone Halo 3 Anniversary.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Doubt it. Wouldn't be that hard to have someone pull the Ethernet cord. It'd be just as easy as someone recovering a pros account on another xbox :simms:

Maybe, but at that point you would need to 1. Plan to cheat ahead of time 2. Determine the most advantageous time to cheat 3. Communicate to your accomplice that it is now time to cheat. 4. Accomplice must now execute said cheating plan without entering the frame.

I mean that is pretty drastic to get a "replay" that you would still possibly lose, and you could do it 1 maybe 2 times before it get suspicious.

It would be a lot easier to just rage quit. Press home but, quit build. Bam!

• Downvote (-1) 1

EG was literally a rocket kill away from winning CTF Coli, and a lagout away from winning Eden SH. Hopefully they realize that and don't let last night tilt them today. They are good enough to be 3-0 in the league right now.

Agreed. T2 had it wrong last night about how fair the ruling was. Audley had a good suggestion on a better way to do it a few pages back.

Before the lagout, even tho NV just took Cat, EG was able to get control back the whole game and were about to take blue bend. Some say NV had rockets but I think the EG player that died in tower just before used the last of them.

Congrats to NV. Wasn't their fault and they played well. If you aren't on your game in rotations and power weapons, the game will snowball especially in SH. EG wasn't on their game after the lagout.

So I know I'm alone on this, but I didn't get MCC until a few months before Halo 5 came out, but I honestly had a flawless experience. I found matches fast, felt like the variety of playlist was decent and I didn't have many issues. So for me the MCC hatred doesn't hit home, is there a summary of how bad it was/is because I honestly had a great experience with it start to finish.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Maybe, but at that point you would need to 1. Plan to cheat ahead of time 2. Determine the most advantageous time to cheat 3. Communicate to your accomplice that it is now time to cheat. 4. Accomplice must now execute said cheating plan without entering the frame.

DAE mute mic for a second?

Shall we get a live feed of the router too? :kappa:

Agreed. T2 had it wrong last night about how fair the ruling was. Audley had a good suggestion on a better way to do it a few pages back.

Before the lagout, even tho NV just took Cat, EG was able to get control back the whole game and were about to take blue bend. Some say NV had rockets but I think the EG player that died in tower just before used the last of them.

Congrats to NV. Wasn't their fault and they played well. If you aren't on your game in rotations and power weapons, the game will snowball especially in SH. EG wasn't on their game after the lagout.

EG would have more than likely won, but that is the nature of these things. The rule is questionable, and like Lethul said, we need the least bad rule, since there is no good rule regarding lagouts. 

I will say it felt like T2's opinion was his own opinion which I really appreciated. A lot of times I think casters will automatically agree with and sugarcoat shortcomings of the refs/sport and you can tell they aren't sincere since that are just siding with their employer. T2 was definitely sincere.

DAE mute mic for a second?

Shall we get a live feed of the router too? :kappa:

True, I can only think of one team who has a tight enough bond with their "family" to actually pull that off  ;)

EDIT: Oh... Noooo doublepost sorry guys, I failed  :tear:

So I know I'm alone on this, but I didn't get MCC until a few months before Halo 5 came out, but I honestly had a flawless experience. I found matches fast, felt like the variety of playlist was decent and I didn't have many issues. So for me the MCC hatred doesn't hit home, is there a summary of how bad it was/is because I honestly had a great experience with it start to finish.

When it first came out, the only thing you could play was campaign, and even that depended on whether or not the game decided to crash on you. 

You could wait 3 hours for a game in matchmaking and still not find one. If you did, it would be a 5v3 mess. 

You could not play with friends without having to quit the build/relaunch every so often (like, every other game if you even could play games)

It had "Ranked" playlists, which were kind of like a contest of "how high can you go before the game randomly resets you". 

There's more, but I don't feel like going into it. The point is that MCC was never, and still isn't, worth the money most people spent on it. I would not pay more than 10 dollars for that game, if that. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

EG would have more than likely won, but that is the nature of these things. The rule is questionable, and like Lethul said, we need the least bad rule, since there is no good rule regarding lagouts.

I will say it felt like T2's opinion was his own opinion which I really appreciated. A lot of times I think casters will automatically agree with and sugarcoat shortcomings of the refs/sport and you can tell they aren't sincere since that are just siding with their employer. T2 was definitely sincere.

Eh, to me it felt knee-jerk pro ESL. Butthatsnoneofmybusiness.jpg

Edit: it needs to change otherwise it would usually be more advantageous to lag out if you are down by over 50 or at least in a situation like what we saw.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When it first came out, the only thing you could play was campaign, and even that depended on whether or not the game decided to crash on you. 

You could wait 3 hours for a game in matchmaking and still not find one. If you did, it would be a 5v3 mess. 

You could not play with friends without having to quit the build/relaunch every so often (like, every other game if you even could play games)

It had "Ranked" playlists, which were kind of like a contest of "how high can you go before the game randomly resets you". 

There's more, but I don't feel like going into it. The point is that MCC was never, and still isn't, worth the money most people spent on it. I would not pay more than 10 dollars for that game, if that. 

Don't forgot how you could be level 1 and match against level 50s 

h3a is 100% a thing

money talks

tell me what I said that made you think I was drunk

tell me what I said that made you think I was drunk

You kept screaming about how EG took your family and everyone was like....Nav, you're drunk, its E6 who has your family.

Not sure why people are mad at nV, it likely was not intentional, especially right after nV just got control and power weapons/ups, especially on a streaky game type like that. 

Its a garbage situation and strongholds is the worse possible gametype to have a replay on. Instead of blaming nV, how about we blame the real issue, online tournaments, bad servers, bad internet and most of all the absence of consistent Open LANS.

Is there a requirement that pros record their game play, to verify that any lag out is unintentional?

I havent seen one person blame NV?

• Downvote (-1) 1

Here's my experience

It took me multiple days to actually download the game and day one patch (my internet is pretty bad but the servers were screwed), there were multiple errors trying to get into games, games were super laggy (meant to be dedicated servers but the fall back was P2P and it pretty much always used that), teams were screwed up (uneven teams like 3v4, more players than a game was meant to have, SUPER long search times, trying to "party up" was pretty much impossible.

They released a bunch of patches in quick succession and there was no telling if that was going to improve or break the game even further. Their response was to offer the ODST campaign expansion for free, a free map (a pretty bad one at that) and a month of XBL but only for players within a certain timeframe and not everyone ended up getting them anyway.

This was all on top of very subpar communication regarding the issues, iirc weeks would go by and you wouldn't hear anything and then you'd get a little update until eventually there wasn't any more updates or even a mention of further updates anywhere.

I think what frustrated me most was how excited I was for the game. I wasn't planning on buying an Xbox One at all until MCC was announced. I know I only really have myself to blame for that cost but it was like Christmas morning as a kid, and you wake up all excited to open your presents and find out your parents get you the puppy you've always wanted, only for your dad to pull out a shotgun and shoot it in the head almost instantly.

• Upvote (+1) 5