CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Were the rules agreed by the pros? I always assumed they had some input.

Either way, that replay rule for strongholds is terrible.

That's unbelievable. 

Disrespect, no loyalty, whatever else is on that shitty logo.

• Upvote (+1) 9

It's funny that despite all the hate Cratos gets, he's still on course to outplace most of his detractors.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's funny that despite all the hate Cratos gets, he's still on course to outplace most of his detractors.

Honestly all drama aside, it's a shame this team won't stick together. They've looked good without practicing or communicating and if they were united they'd be pushing for the top spot potentially

• Upvote (+1) 3

i'm actually excited for the matches each week now, which wasnt the case last year.

I'm going with the dual upset - ALG over Liquid and LG over NV

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let's see what happens when you guys can't blame Maniac anymore lol

That might make sense if you expect optic to lose almost every scrim/series against a top 8 team.

i'm actually excited for the matches each week now, which wasnt the case last year.

I'm going with the dual upset - ALG over Liquid and LG over NV

Going into this season I thought things looked boring because there were supposedly clear "tiers" of teams and everything would be predictable.

Then TL 3-0d NV and E6 beat TL and EG beat Optic.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know I'm late but I can't hold this in.

As far as my team loyalties, I'm a Roy fan first, EG fan second.

Stop saying EG was robbed of their victory. They were not. There was an unfortunate disconnect, which is an inevitablilty in an online league. All players knew the rules before the season started, so being 'tilted' is not an excuse. Anyone who has ever played anything competitively knows that controversial calls are inevitable, and that being the best means being able to overcome them.

No form of replay will ever be perfectly 'fair'. It's impossible to completely recapture the essence of the original game. There's no guaruntee that EG even would have won the first game had there been no disconnect. Yes they were winning. But nV was scoring and controlled powerweapons and power ups. A comback was certainly possible and we've seen wild ones before. The reset nullified nVs progress as well.

Not only that, but EG got completely SMACKED in the replay. They didn't even score enough points to win if it were a continuation. Again tilting isn't an excuse. I'm sorry, If you are spotted half of the required points in a game, you need to bottle your frustration and close it out.

The real issue is the instability of the online league. Not the replay rules.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 3

You know I'm sensing a lot of push for no radar. Elamite and Tsquared have been constantly throwing jabs at plays that rely on radar, more pros are speaking out.

Unfortunately it's too little too late. There is no way that radar will be removed at this point. It's too late in H5's life cycle. After Worlds 2, we will likely be playing a new game. So the lesson here is, stand up for what is in Halo's best interest next time, and not your own. This only happened because there are pro's who don't want to rock their little cushy boat. I'm convinced the top teams and players would look quite a bit different if H5 had no radar and no autos.

• Upvote (+1) 3

We've even had issues with some players being able to make the 4.30PM Pacific time. 3PM seems unrealistic. 

Edit: 3PM also makes it extremely difficult for West Coast viewers...

Time zones suck...

I am 20 pages behind but had to comment how ridiculous this sounds. It's their damn job and if they have to wake up at 3:00 PM, then they will deal with it. 

The only tricky part is about the players that have full-time jobs. 

Back to catching up. 

I am 20 pages behind but had to comment how ridiculous this sounds. It's their damn job and if they have to wake up at 3:00 PM, then they will deal with it.

Back to catching up.

I had assumed Timo was referring to people who have a job etc, although could you not just guarantee them later matches?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Btw, we don't blame people for adblocking. It's the culture a lot of us grew up on with sound ads and terrible popups can be annoying for users. We get how intrusive they can be for sure. Premium is more than enough to support us if you love what we do here. If you can't afford it / don't want to pay then whitelisting is the next best thing too.

Thanks for the support!

I gotchu.

...alright back to lurking.

• Upvote (+1) 9

You know I'm sensing a lot of push for no radar. Elamite and Tsquared have been constantly throwing jabs at plays that rely on radar, more pros are speaking out.

Unfortunately it's too little too late. There is no way that radar will be removed at this point. It's too late in H5's life cycle. After Worlds 2, we will likely be playing a new game. So the lesson here is, stand up for what is in Halo's best interest next time, and not your own. This only happened because there are pro's who don't want to rock their little cushy boat. I'm convinced the top teams and players would look quite a bit different if H5 had no radar and no autos.

I think you're right, but serious question - what was the timeline for no bloom/no sprint in Reach? I don't know how the answer compares to H5's lifecycle.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think you're right, but serious question - what was the timeline for no bloom/no sprint in Reach? I don't know how the answer compares to H5's lifecycle.

9 months from bloom and sprint to no bloom no sprint i think. the irony is that it was 343 themselves who rectified a bungie problem. but then they had the brilliant idea of re-introducing it. then halo died. so yeah, 343 are pulling data out their ass to justify their terrible ideas.

• Upvote (+1) 5