CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Wow, great end for tonight.

Especially since I get to go to bed before 12 p.m. with this write-up all ready for edit.

Thank you based Timo, even though you question my drink choices.

If you guys check out Gamurs tonight, let me know if I missed anything crucial, preferably by sticking me with a cross map 'nade in my sleep.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So yeah. I just can't take this online thing serious anymore. It's not about the Esl, they are doing fine, I also enjoy the league system. There is just too much random shit happening like lagouts, communication problems, isp problems or even ppl possibly abusing rules. Luckily there is enough lans down on the line and hopefully there will be more in the future. Wake me up for the Orange County.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Theater mode shows that the game's events at any time can be captured and stored.

It'd probably be a lot of work, but the ideal solution to lag outs is being able to go into an implementation of theater mode, forward to a specific time in the game, and resume the action exactly as from that moment. Other than some crazy situations where a player is in the middle of a gun fight, this would be the best possible way to ensure the replay is fair. And we all remember the old Halo days when you'd get the black loading screen in the middle of a gun fight and know that any second now the game would resume and whoever had a faster reaction time would win lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Looking towards tomorrow as an EG fan, I think tomorrows match is going to be very tough. E6 has looked pretty strong in their matches outside of the Optic match.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Theater mode shows that the game's events at any time can be captured and stored.

It'd probably be a lot of work, but the ideal solution to lag outs is being able to go into an implementation of theater mode, forward to a specific time in the game, and resume the action exactly as from that moment. Other than some crazy situations where a player is in the middle of a gun fight, this would be the best possible way to ensure the replay is fair. And we all remember the old Halo days when you'd get the black loading screen in the middle of a gun fight and know that any second now the game would resume and whoever had a faster reaction time would win lol

I know this technology exists for Super Smash Bros. Melee. I definitely don't think it's impossible. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Rapid fire predictions for tomorrow (no scores):

nV wins

Liquid wins

Optic wins

E6 wins

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looking towards tomorrow as an EG fan, I think tomorrows match is going to be very tough. E6 has looked pretty strong in their matches outside of the Optic match.

Sad thing is if they'd tried, they probably could have come out firing and given Optic a run for their money in that match.

• Upvote (+1) 2