CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What were the best gametypes for Haven in H4 (minus extraction)?

Like I said, I've only played 9 games of H4 MP.

I feel like SH would be GOAT on Haven.

Team Slayer, Oddball, and Extraction were used for Halo 4 with Ghost's settings. There were a lot of incredible games that took place on the map during the AGL days.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think a campaign remaster is unlikely. I could see a large Halo 3 inspired expansion for H5 though. A bunch of H3 maps, some H3 skins/weapons, a playlist with H3 settings etc.

Yes please.

The new arena map is apparently a remix of Haven.

Cqo1-qwUEAABS-U.jpg

#HavenForHCS

I am very curious if 343/ESL would ever switch over to H5 PC customs with controllers for some of the LANs. It would showcase a better looking game in 4k. Also it may fix the Xbox LAN issue. They could actually use forge maps in the HCS.

From what I heard the HCS could not use forge maps due to the way they set up LAN events with a mock XBL server and custom Xbox One's/H5 

Wow, thats actually a REALLY good idea. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes please.

#HavenForHCS

Wow, thats actually a REALLY good idea. 

The real question is will the PC port have spectator mode? If so I say the HCS should drop Xbox all together. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Can't wait for Tartarus

He wasn't a prophet :(

• Upvote (+1) 3

It has nothing on Mercy - this map looks gorgeous.

I hope that they lighten it up for MM though.  was a little dark

I mean, they couldn't have gotten some better players to showcase the map? It was hard watching that tbh.

lol its the same people that test the competitive settings.

Truth.

Regret.

Mercy.

Bravo, 343.

They should have changed the names around so the Haven remake was called Regret, would have fit better with something from H4 :simms:
  • Upvote (+1) 5

When did we become okay with regurgitated maps? 

You're literally part of the community that is begging for 343 to remake The Pit, Sanctuary, Lockout, etc.

I'll certainly take Haven over another Torque, Overgrowth or Riptide.

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 2

When every single DLC map 343 have made for Halo5 has been terrible.

If they can't figure out how to design any good maps, I'd rather they just give us some of the older ones we know work with the current settings.

(I also think Countdown from Reach would be pretty good with Halo5's spartan abilities)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think most are begging for good maps.

Remakes are usually a safe bet besides whatever the hell happened to Blackout.

Totally, and we know Haven worked well in an environment similar to Halo 5. Heck, might be even better without Jetpack, Promethean Vision, etc.

I'm pretty excited to jump top mid and not have @@Infinity whip out his Regeneration Field, honestly.

• Upvote (+1) 4

We've always been okay with regurgitated maps. There's a reason that Midship has been recreated in every Halo since Halo 2.

I will gladly take Haven over some of the maps they have released (Overgrowth, Riptide, Molten). Haven was, in my opinion, one of the best maps that they gave us on Halo 4, and maybe this will open the door to more competitive maps. I'd like to see what the pros have to say about the remake once it releases.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Pretty sure we're testing it for this season.

OH ITS FUCKING LIT

• Upvote (+1) 8

I don't care if they never release another truly original map if they promise not to give us anymore overgrowth, Riptide, torque or molten.

I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Ofcourse I wouldn't complain if they hired some designers who knew how to make some arena maps...

I don't have many good things to say about H4, but of the hand full of matches I've played, the odd ball and slayer on Haven was god tier...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm pretty excited to jump top mid and not have @@Infinity whip out his Regeneration Field, honestly.

Sounds like something you'd do for a Destiny raid

Sounds like something you'd do for a Destiny raid

Vault of Glass bb

• Upvote (+1) 1