CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

EDIT: Might have jumped the gun, maybe they ran into issues or whatnot. But hell this could be our Heretic (H3 Midship) to bring more gametypes in.

Ok..

HAVEN IS BY FAR THE BEST MAP IN HALO 4 (DEBATABLE W/ SKYLINE)

WHY ISN'T THIS BEING TESTED FOR THE HCS AND NOT THOSE OTHER MAPS THAT HAVE NO REASON TO BE IN HCS?

I'M CAP LOCKING THIS. WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL.

Book marking this post for when the map drops, and it's just like Haven, except with no sightlines and 200% more tight corridors, choke points. Also H2BR and Binary Rifles on map.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Book marking this post for when the map drops, and it's just like Haven, except with no sightlines and 200% more tight corridors, choke points. Also H2BR and Binary Rifles on map.

343i done some pretty good remakes so far to be honest, Pitfall and Ragnarok were good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I understand that Haven was great compared to other H4 maps, but I still never thought it was a great map in general. I'm more excited to see what players like Frosty can do on this map with H5's movement techniques than watch it played competitively. Who knows maybe it's changed up enough and won't play like how it did in H4.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Because it's not out until the 8th of Septemeber? 

I assume the Pro League is starting shortly after that. Don't know if there's time for it to be properly tested in the wild.

I mean, they are the ones making the map, the gametypes, the HCS season. You would think there would be some coordination to get this map in sooner. Would really hate to see potentially the best map in Halo 5 not be used because of bad timing / lack of timing.

Maybe they know it's good and have tested it with the Pro Players + Pro Team a few weeks back and it's a shoe in. I hope it's good because Tyrant is haunting my dreams right now.

Theory:

Pro Player Summit was centered around testing this map and gametypes on it.  They knew they could test the other maps with the community in MM but wanted something solid with Haven for day 1 of pro-league.  They invite pros to test it and accellerate the process so that its ready day 1 of pro league.  its releasing just in time for teams to get some practice on it before the league starts.

and Frosty has already found all the nerdy spots. CLG still wins.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Truth.

Regret.

Mercy.

Bravo, 343.

I hear he's coming back next week for his 1 year anniversary :simms: 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I believe we'll have a H5 PC Station available for customs at HCS Orange County for players/spectators to try out.

hype

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mercy gameplay

is it just me...

or was there a lot of hammer usage on that map.   :poop:

• Upvote (+1) 4

So we're getting Haven but its not going to be tested in HCS?

Lmao ah man

I am very curious if 343/ESL would ever switch over to H5 PC customs with controllers for some of the LANs. It would showcase a better looking game in 4k. Also it may fix the Xbox LAN issue. They could actually use forge maps in the HCS.

From what I heard the HCS could not use forge maps due to the way they set up LAN events with a mock XBL server and custom Xbox One's/H5 

wouldn't you still need the dedicated servers? xbox is just a kind of pc and halo netcode doesn't allow p2p lan connectivity, wouldn't pc stations just be for nicer looking graphics? unless they can have a different build with better spectator mode since it would be easier to have builds than have to go through cert process for builds on xbox.

Ooh and maybe they could supply pros with a pc build in late h5 or h6 so that pro league could have a fixed spectator mode for online  :intensifies:

Lmao ah man

Do we actually know that or are we just trying to find a way to be mad at good news again? There was just a player summit where 343 brought in pros to discuss and play maps

• Upvote (+1) 7

343i done some pretty good remakes so far to be honest, Pitfall and Ragnarok were good.

I think that's a fair statement. Let's hope this new map is more remake, less remix.

Edit: the map appears to be pretty faithful so far. I don't like the Hammer though

Edit2: also the map is gorgeous

I mean, they couldn't have gotten some better players to showcase the map? It was hard watching that tbh.

It's B-Roll footage, it's not meant to be about people playing, more so showing off the play space. Whenever they do a live stream, that'll be your first look.

Lmao ah man

There's a 6 day gap between the maps launch and the season starting. Considering the state of other maps that have came out, I'd rather we get competent people testing it over a longer time period in time for HWC 2017. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

What were the best gametypes for Haven in H4 (minus extraction)?

Like I said, I've only played 9 games of H4 MP.

I feel like SH would be GOAT on Haven.

Lmao ah man

People need to stop assuming this. It’s not being released until September 8th, it very well could be in the HCS.

Mercy is going to be the best looking map in Halo 5.

I know it doesn't play all that well but Overgrowth is absolutely beautiful. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It has nothing on Mercy - this map looks gorgeous.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I always get the urge to play The Last of Us after each game of Overgrowth.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When they said a sanghelli map I thought they'd have sealed the upper temple room on the new warzone map and used that as an arena map seeing as it kinda resembles warlock a bit.

Glad I'm wrong.

Would have prefered a skyline remake as it was a h4 dlc map so not as many people would have played it (prior to mcc) as haven. But I'm glad they at least picked a competitive map, and not like giving us Relic in H2A.

Mercy being a Haven remake disappoints me quite a lot. I always thought that the map was very uninspired and was only popular because it was the bread-and-butter symmetrical map in H4.

That said, perhaps H5's movement abilities and Strongholds might be enough to redeem it, and I can't fault the aesthetics at all - it's so nice to see something that breaks the typical UNSC theme mold and also doesn't default to 343's shiny, active Forerunner or bug-like Covenant architecture. 
Was hoping for more of the ruined temple theme like in the WZ maps, but the Sunaion-esque look is refreshing in multiplayer for sure.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1