CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Didn't the first place team last season make like $12K for pro league (before finals). So assuming they don't pay their coach ANYTHING, $12k divided by 4 players is $3K a piece. 5% of 3K is $150. If E6 gets first place, the players got fined $150.

13k, so 162.50. Cratos loses 325.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The entire situation could have been avoided if Stellur hadn't aired his dirty laundry in public and just played out the two weeks and left. ESL has no business getting involved in petty org salary squabbles. Also, revealing E6's plans to pick up Shooter compromised the integrity of the league. If Stellur is being fined for his entire season, that's fucked, but if it's just for whatever miniscule amount he's making from the two weeks with E6, I can understand it.

Cratos's punishment is fair. 10% of season earnings is more than you see professional sports players being fined for "comparable" violations. I'm not sure how other esports organizers handle things like this, but people who thought he was going to get banned for a year based on inconclusive evidence were kidding themselves from the start. If there was something undeniably linking him alone to sabotaging Stellur's account, it'd be a different story.

And that's my contrarian 2 cents.

What? Should Stellur have put the salary stuff out in the open? No. I don't see how anyone can think that is anywhere near as bad as what someone in the E6 house did though. I know you like to take the opposite side of the "masses" because you're arrogant and think you're better and smarter than everyone but really just come across as an asshole, but even you can't honestly think Stellur's fine from the LEAGUE should be anything compared to what the cheating player(s) got. They said they had evidence in their statement as well, not conjecture like most of us are talking about.

I can't really think of any "comparables" from other sports. However, fining a player 5% of their SALARY in a professional sport is significantly larger percentage of what they take home than fining a player in the league who has other tournaments they play in, cups, org salaries, etc. 5% of season payout is probably like 0.5% of what they actually make over the course of a year. Just spitballing numbers and too tired to do the math on it. 

This sets the precedent that if any team wants to ruin the integrity of the league by doing things similar to this, the fine will be essentially $150 (max). 

EDIT: I feel like I have to add to this. You say this whole thing could have been avoided if Stellur didn't air his dirty laundry, but they wanted him to be subbed for regardless if he signed a contract or not. If he didn't post it on the forums, they still had the feud and wanted him gone. The same sub situation would have happened. Maybe they don't log him in at their house, but you can't make that argument. It's like saying if you called me a "dickhead" and I then burned your house down, would you say well I did call him a dickhead, so he had the right to overreact. It's actually your fault for calling me the dickhead that I burned your house down TBH.

• Upvote (+1) 3

13k, so 162.50. Cratos loses 325.

Cratos doesn't really have anything to do with this, because we don't know it was him. Everyone on the team was fined exactly the same 5% INCLUDING Stellur who was the one who was attacked. 

Cratos extra fine was his own mouth that got him in trouble, so you can't argue that being a just punishment because the 5% was the actual punishment. 

The only thing I agree with you about is that Cratos should not be fined more than the rest unless they know it was him that performed the act. (Again, the 5% extra Cratos got is a separate fine).

What? Should Stellur have put the salary stuff out in the open? No. I don't see how anyone can think that is anywhere near as bad as what someone in the E6 house did though. I know you like to take the opposite side of the "masses" because you're arrogant and think you're better and smarter than everyone but really just come across as an asshole, but even you can't honestly think Stellur's fine from the LEAGUE should be anything compared to what the cheating player(s) got. They said they had evidence in their statement as well, not conjecture like most of us are talking about.

I can't really think of any "comparables" from other sports. However, fining a player 5% of their SALARY in a professional sport is significantly larger percentage of what they take home than fining a player in the league who has other tournaments they play in, cups, org salaries, etc. 5% of season payout is probably like 0.5% of what they actually make over the course of a year. Just spitballing numbers and too tired to do the math on it. 

This sets the precedent that if any team wants to ruin the integrity of the league by doing things similar to this, the fine will be essentially $150 (max). 

Yknow, I actually agree with the Beyond hivemind a lot more than people realize. I just never see the reason to make pointless "this." or "omg hype" posts and generally only add my 2 cents when I disagree or think everyone's being a bit too circlejerky on something. But sure, I'm an egotistical asshole because of the opinions I choose to make public regarding a grassroots esport.

To expand on my view of the situation:

It's inconclusive as to who was at fault. If there was a single player they could pin it on, or PROOF (not rabbling speculation) that it was a group effort, that person/team would deserve a much harsher punishment. Does Stellur deserve to get fined as much as Cratos? No, and Cratos has been fined double. Does Stellur deserve to be fined as much as Suspector or Bubu, who may have not even been involved? Maybe.

If they doled out a severe punishment to the entire team, there's a possibility that innocent(s) would be getting fucked over because of their teammate's actions. Cratos getting the extra fine for whatever reason they came up with, considering he was most likely to be the conspirator, makes it more palatable imo. They gave an extra "fuck you", for completely legit reasons even if he somehow wasn't involved, to the guy who was most likely to be involved.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yknow, I actually agree with the Beyond hivemind a lot more than people realize. I just never see the reason to make pointless "this." or "omg hype" posts and generally only add my 2 cents when I disagree or think everyone's being a bit too circlejerky on something. But sure, I'm an egotistical asshole because of the opinions I choose to make public regarding a grassroots esport.

To expand on my view of the situation:

It's inconclusive as to who was at fault. If there was a single player they could pin it on, or PROOF (not rabbling speculation) that it was a group effort, that person/team would deserve a much harsher punishment. Does Stellur deserve to get fined as much as Cratos? No, and Cratos has been fined double. Does Stellur deserve to be fined as much as Suspector or Bubu, who may have not even been involved? Maybe.

If they doled out a severe punishment to the entire team, there's a possibility that innocent(s) would be getting fucked over because of their teammate's actions. Cratos getting the extra fine for whatever reason they came up with, considering he was most likely to be the conspirator, makes it more palatable imo. They gave an extra "fuck you", for completely legit reasons even if he somehow wasn't involved, to the guy who was most likely to be involved.

I overreacted and shouldn't have said you're an asshole so sorry for that. 

I'm just getting done at work though so I can't argue this anymore. Just have to say I 100% disagree that Stellur should be fined anything for being attacked. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yesterdays scrim results. Normal status has resumed.

ROR4SZD.png

Damn Prophecy and Xmen are trash, they really got fucked over on roster lock. Pulse might actually make the finals this season.

True, but the intent wasn't to throw matches for their benefit in the league or to make Optic look good, it was internal and intended to try and (I assume?) make Stellur look bad, which obviously didn't happen, and was a poor ass way to make someone look bad. If an NFL team got into a brawl on their bench they wouldn't be fined for throwing the game. They'd be fined for poor behavior.

It not like having a brawl on the bench. It's more like leaving your running back out of the huddle, handing the ball of to him, then refusing to block for him.

It really doesnt matter WHY they threw the game- throwing games is terrible regardless. it weakens the product and disappoints viewers. That's why any sports league should have strong penalties against it, especially when there is obvious evidence like 1: not showing up on time 2: not communicating 3: not trying 4: intentionally lagging out a teammate.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The best possible outcome would probably be Cratos getting fined a bit out of his potential finals earnings with everyone else not, but that might be going a bit too far into speculative punishment territory.

The entire situation could have been avoided if Stellur hadn't aired his dirty laundry in public and just played out the two weeks and left. ESL has no business getting involved in petty org salary squabbles. Also, revealing E6's plans to pick up Shooter compromised the integrity of the league. If Stellur is being fined for his entire season, that's fucked, but if it's just for whatever miniscule amount he's making from the two weeks with E6, I can understand it.

Cratos's punishment is fair. 10% of season earnings is more than you see professional sports players being fined for "comparable" violations. I'm not sure how other esports organizers handle things like this, but people who thought he was going to get banned for a year based on inconclusive evidence were kidding themselves from the start. If there was something undeniably linking him alone to sabotaging Stellur's account, it'd be a different story.

And that's my contrarian 2 cents.

Oh so this is all the victims fault for talking about what happened to him? Not the fault of those who actually broke rules. You think that if the public didn't know about the internal drama, e6 wouldn't have tried to make him look bad so they could sub him out? The pulled this shit while everyone was already suspicious of them. You think they wouldn't have done it if no one was looking?

Plz

• Upvote (+1) 5

The weight of your opinion should not be based on how many memes you post.

whatchu mean whatchu mean

• Upvote (+1) 2

The weight of your opinion should not be based on how many memes you post.

someone with neg rep is more than likely a shit poster, who has shit opinions, who is more likely to troll the voting.

beyond's rankings are silly right now. It's not representative of the community, and their "panel" is nonsense. At least here there's a mix of pros, older fans, good players, memers, etc.

• Downvote (-1) 2

If you recover someone's account are you able to look at their payment information on that account?

If you recover someone's account are you able to look at their payment information on that account?

Going off memory here but I think the store x's out all but the last 4 numbers of your card etc (at least here in the UK)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Team cheats, tries to tarnish Stellur's reputation, lowers the integrity of the league, lies about it, and ESL fines them 5% of ONLY the pro league regular season payouts (so not even finals) and also fines Stellur the same amount and you think it's fair? So a few hundred dollars.

Cratos got an extra 5% for shit-talking an admin based on players comments on twitter combined with the ESL announcement.

It's the first time they've ever had to deal with a situation like this so obviously they're gonna be pussies about it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh so this is all the victims fault for talking about what happened to him? Not the fault of those who actually broke rules. You think that if the public didn't know about the internal drama, e6 wouldn't have tried to make him look bad so they could sub him out? The pulled this shit while everyone was already suspicious of them. You think they wouldn't have done it if no one was looking?

Plz

Alright, fair enough, I concede. Stellur probably shouldn't be getting fined. I just think he handled this whole thing pretty poorly, regardless of whether or not he's in the right, which he probably is. It wasn't necessary to go public with all of the dirty laundry at this stage and it probably had a compromising effect on the league. I don't think a veteran of the scene with experience dealing with orgs would have handled it in the same manner.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Going off memory here but I think the store x's out all but the last 4 numbers of your card etc (at least here in the UK)

Ah ok thanks

someone with neg rep is more than likely a shit poster, who has shit opinions, who is more likely to troll the voting.

beyond's rankings are silly right now. It's not representative of the community, and their "panel" is nonsense. At least here there's a mix of pros, older fans, good players, memers, etc.

Lol this happens everytime. A guy who doesn't understand what power rankings are tries to fix a system that isn't broken.

It's the first time they've ever had to deal with a situation like this so obviously they're gonna be pussies about it.

The first time is the best time to be strict. You have everyone's attention and an opportunity to demonstrate that this shit won't be tolerated. Now they've basically opened the door for more misconduct. Thankfully I don't think there are many more complete scumbags in the scene.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lol this happens everytime. A guy who doesn't understand what power rankings are tries to fix a system that isn't broken.

Because the power rankings arent interesting right now? It's a bunch of nobodies (no offense) and Simms giving their opinion and then it doesnt even give anything concrete since there are an even number on the panel. At least in other sports, their analysts are often made up by guys who either played the game, or have been involved in it for decades, and they have more than 4 people voting. At least have a community ranking in addition to it since Vin doesnt seem to be bothered with it anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Damn Prophecy and Xmen are trash, they really got fucked over on roster lock. Pulse might actually make the finals this season.

Yeah i see pulse as 3rd or 4th. 

At least prophecy are grinding the practice, xmen dont seem to scrim much and their 'best 'player  apparently only plays halo during scrims so i dont see much hope for improvement.  I have to admit though, most of the xmen v fabe games were actually pretty close so they may surprise us yet.

Regarding esl's punishment for the account recovering thing:

If they don't have enough evidence that cratos/e6 house members did this then there shouldn't be any punishment.

If they do have enough evidence then the punishment should be way more severe.

Slapping e6 on the wrist for either case makes no sense.

• Upvote (+1) 2