CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What would need to happen is a deduction of total wins at the end of the season. Like taking away 5 wins or something along those lines. The absence of forfeits wouldn't affect the other teams.

Well they would probably just throw their matches anyway, they would feel like they have no opportunity to make it to lan and it would just make everything icky

(Forum) Meta question: is there a reason we can't see the breakdown of +\- rep on a post for mobile? I like to see who's a big meanie

Conspiracy theory: Maybe stellur had a friend in the area recover his account so that he could implicate the organization that he was upset with.

Maybe aliens killed JFK.

Maybe Hemingway was trans. 

Maybe Stalin was under the influence of a voodoo priestess.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe aliens killed JFK.

Maybe Hemingway was trans. 

Maybe Stalin was under the influence of a voodoo priestess.

Enigma6 was an inside job 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Did you look at our last two scrims vs them?

Would you still want to scrim Optic knowing that at least 1 player(that player being Royal 2) on their team is pretty much playing with a handicap? CLG/Optic didn't want to scrim you guys a few weeks back because they knew that Mikwen was playing in Canada with bad internet and wanted to play your team at its very best. Until connection issues are resolved, every game you win against them will be taken with a grain of salt which is sad, but true. I just want the excuses to be done with.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Until connection issues are resolved, every game you win against them will be with a grain of salt which is sad, but true. 

doesn't that go both ways?  

I don't think Stellur can prove that it came directly from the E6 house (although I think we all know it did), but I'm pretty sure ESL has enough clout in this situation to ask HCS/343 to dig deeper and find out exactly which IP the login came from (because I'm assuming Microsoft can easily get this information?)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Hah trust. If they want they can figure out exactly where it came from. Just dont know if they will allocate the time/money/resources to do it in this case. Who knows. Up to ESL I guess.

(Forum) Meta question: is there a reason we can't see the breakdown of +\- rep on a post for mobile? I like to see who's a big meanie

Can't be using the mobile mode.  Scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit the "full version" or "full page" version.  Then you can click on the reputation and check.

doesn't that go both ways?  

Of course it does, but we're hearing a lot more complaining from Optic's end and from the clips I've seen of Royal 2's POV, why shouldn't they? I personally just want legit matches with both teams not bitching about connection issues all the time, but that's just how online Halo goes or rather Halo 5.

Since we're talking server performance, can you guys help me out? I have 130 down / 30 up, but live in the south, so maybe not the best ping to the MS servers.

I have the same heavy aim issues that have been described by many, varying from game to game (p.s. pressing start 100% works for me, I don't have the tools to prove it, but it absolutely does).

I also run into this issue with getting headshots to actually count. It normally only happened occasionally, but it's been much more frequent since the September update... should these be headshots, or am I just missing?

:mj:

http://imgur.com/a/CCcsf

Happens to me quite frequently now. Literally will get 2-3 hit markers on a one shot. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's complete speculation of how the conversation went down though. Maybe I'm giving E6 too much credit, but they could've told ESL "I'm sure you're aware of the Stellur issue. We would like to use a sub in fear that Stellur won't try his hardest in these games." Which, IMO, WAS a legitimate fear at the time (obviously that's not how it played out, and props to Stellur for his maturity when E6 has acted so immature). Overall, I'm probably being a bit nitpicky, so sorry about that. For the most part I think we're on the same page.

It's all good.

I can't imagine that E6 legitamately feared Stellur would throw. If they did, throwing themselves would be a completely irrational response to that fear. Also, why should Stellur be penalized for them trying to drop him during a period where they knew dropping wasn't permitted. Allowing them to sub based on this fear would set a precedent that would allow any team to make roster changes at will.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well all stupid (stupidly juicy) drama aside I'm hyped af for this week's matches. With how close scrims have been recently for 6-7 of the teams there are no boring matches anymore it seems

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did you look at our last two scrims vs them?

Seemingly I have some wrong information, sorry.

Been enjoying watching you guys play when I get the chance though. Easily my favorite roster, just hope it can translate to big wins for you guys. Good luck this season.

2 Questions

Why use start times in the Pacific Time Zone? Doesn't most media typically use Eastern Time Zone and make everyone else do the math? (Serious Question)

Why is "Snip3down vs his old team EG" the headline but it has a picture of I assume Jesus? (Not nearly as serious)

• Upvote (+1) 2

2 Questions

Why use start times in the Pacific Time Zone? Doesn't most media typically use Eastern Time Zone and make everyone else do the math? (Serious Question)

Why is "Snip3down vs his old team EG" the headline but it has a picture of I assume Jesus? (Not nearly as serious)

because 343 studios is based in seattle (west coast) so all their HCS tweets tend to be PST

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe there are two teams who have the capabilities to do a scrim with all 8 on h5 forge to really feel out how the aiming is different between console/pc

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let's not forget the West Coast is also the hub of competitive Halo for the last 15 years now.

:lxthul:

L O L

edit: yeah this is a shit post, deal with it

The whole E6 sitiation is very tricky tbh, if the punishment was something like "make them forfeit their week 2 matches" that not only hurts them, but also the rest of the pro league. That's just handing out free wins to the teams that were lucky enough to match them in that week 2. E6 managed to beat liquid last week, and free wins in pro league can hold wayyy too much weight. Imagine if teams were awarded a free win because of another teams mistake in the first season? We may have made pro league over another team for the wrong reasons. I'm not saying they don't need to be punished, but at least they aren't going out there giving free W's and trolling in their matches, maybe besides that first matchup against CLOG. Very tricky situation, don't want to be too lenient, but don't want their mistakes effecting everyone else

@@Snip3down if you're gonna quote me might as well quote me :mj:

There's only 1 reason I cant think of that this doesn't work. You're hurting E6 yes, but you're also hurting 5 other teams by giving the 2 teams that would play them this week free wins. I mean you can minus 2 wins from their overall and that would have no effect on other teams but you can't just reward 2 lucky teams for playing them during their forfeited period.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If ESL actually has real evidence against that IP they should just fine E6 players, take away whatever they would win by placing in the online league portion. IMO if they still make top4 in spite of 'throwing' week 1 against Optic they deserve to be there.

Banning them, even for the season, is far too harsh for what they allegedly did and giving the team spot to Stellur is straight up ********. Not allowing them to LAN finals is just as good as banning IMO, the team is just going to fall apart playing for jack all.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Rule books are just guidelines. You think when they made that they thought any of what "may or may not have happened" would have transpired? Not a chance. Realistically they should use their judgement to punish whomever is responsible accordingly not necessarily do what the rule book says because frankly this isn't a scenario you went over when making said rule book.