CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

A permaban is probably too harsh, but it's a pretty fucked up thing to do.

The problem with a season long ban is that they'll still have to play relegation which means they'll be allowed to attend the season finals (I don't think they'd deserve to be there at all)

I like the idea of letting the season play out but not allowing them to attend finals combined with a fine. They can still finish anywhere on the ladder but their spot in finals will be taken by an "eligible" team. If they finish bottom 2 they get immediately relegated. This would mean they have to take their games seriously, but they aren't exactly rewarded for it.

The players also wouldn't be able to get around this by switching teams. (For example Suspector couldn't move to Liquid and be able to attend). The team change would be allowed but they'd have to attend finals with a different fourth.

At the end of the day though they'll probably just get a slap on the wrist and we'll forget all about this in a couple of weeks.

Let's all continue to try and remember that Cratos is not the sole person responsible for this, people. Some pages back I saw someone say Cratos should go to jail "like the bitch he is".....

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey gents, wanted to come give some clarity on the above.

As you can see we have taken the decision to postpone the EU pro league and Open Circuit once again, this is regretful but we feel this is the best choice given the current situation. Based on player feedback the choice was made to push back a further week while ongoing fault finding and conversations between 343. pro players and an ISP continue.

What happens next - Currently there are talks with a UK-based ISP to determine the root of the cause along with many players providing game play/game files/Gamertag's/time/dates etc etc to 343 to try pin-point the exact fault at hand causing certain EU players to encounter what looks to be an of excessive amount of latency/delay during custom games. 343 is working hard with ESL alongside the players and we will continue to do so to try resolve this issue as fast as possible.

This is a tricky one but I will endeavour to keep the community and players up to date with answers/updates as they come in. I'm sure you can all appreciate this is not what we wanted but given the circumstances we have no other choice at this point while keeping up support of our players and teams.

That moment when EU is working to fix the problem and NA ISPs are over here acting like the problem doesn't exist so we continue on with Pro League...

hqdefault.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

Let's all continue to try and remember that Cratos is not the sole person responsible for this, people. Some pages back I saw someone say Cratos should go to jail "like the bitch he is".....

That was me and I'm happy to claim that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What about Bubu and Showtime?

Or the org in general? Could well be that one of them was told to do it (assuming they did etc) no need to be specifically calling out Cratos (although I agree thats he's probably aware etc) apart from his stupid 'shut your mouth' remark

• Upvote (+1) 1

What about Bubu and Showtime?

Oh I think the whole team should be banned for the season. I don't actually think they should go to jail, I was just saying if it was Korea, with the esports laws they have in place, that could be a possibility. I have been lurking around the competitive halo scene since 05 and have never witnessed as big of an egomaniac/jackass/etc. And besides the fact that I hate him, I think a seasons ban is the minimum punishment warranted. Especially after he alone publicly accused Stellur of quitting out of the game, did an interview on the pro league that was incredibly unprofessional, and has been hurling insults at pretty much anyone and anything outside of his team, and just generally making the league and halo look bad.

Edit: Had to fix that run on sentence

• Upvote (+1) 1

The reason permaban is too harsh is because there's no way to tell who did what, and who else knew.

Also I think whatever action is taken, Stellur and Suspector shouldn't be affected.

Cratos, Bubu, and Showtime were at the house. we can probably guess who DIDN'T do it, but we'll never know for sure. That's why I say give the spot to Stellur. During the transition period he could choose which player he'd like to part ways with. He can also choose which org he wants to work with. If Cratos and E6 are the odd men out, so be it- That's not ESL punishing them, that's business.

In that case, Cratos would be free to seek a pro team, or stick with e6 the am circuit. I'm sure E6 would stick with him, since they are family and all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The reason permaban is too harsh is because there's no way to tell who did what, and who else knew.

Also I think whatever action is taken, Stellur and Suspector shouldn't be affected.

Cratos, Bubu, and Showtime were at the house. we can probably guess who DIDN'T do it, but we'll never know for sure. That's why I say give the spot to Stellur. During the transition period he could choose which player he'd like to part ways with. He can also choose which org he wants to work with. If Cratos and E6 are the odd men out, so be it.

In that case, Cratos would be free to seek a pro team, or stick with e6 the am circuit. I'm sure E6 would stick with him, since they are family and all.

I guess that's pretty understandable. Maybe suspend them for this season then make them start out in the open circuit next year.

We dont have to permanently ban them, but we can make it pretty damn clear...

• Upvote (+1) 1

You sound really mad, did Cratos steal your bish?

Cratos is the winningest player in H5 after CLG. You guys are in the presence of greatness, pay homage.

200w.gif

Cratos reading the forums and then creating a new alt account to defend himself

• Upvote (+1) 6

I've defended Cratos time and time again, and love his "villain" persona because I enjoy the drama that he creates in the League. This is not drama, this is outright cheating and trying to tarnish another players name for personal reasons.

I dont care if he's the winningest player, the best player, the friendliest player, the most veteran player. Somebody who cheats and directly affects another players livelihood does not deserve to compete at the highest level of competitive play. What if Stellur hadn't figured it out and HE got punished by ESL for throwing a match(which is what Cratos publicly accused him of during this whole thing...)

I've always had Cratos' back on here when I'm around, but the dude deserves a perma ban for this.

EDIT: People are saying a perma ban is to harsh, why? Its not like the perpetrator didn't know this was against the rules. He knowingly violated the rules and knowingly tried to tarnish another Pro Players name in the process. Why should we "go easy" on this guy? Make an example of him. For every Pro Player, there are thousands of teenagers and adults eager to take their spot. We'll survive without Cratos guys.

Explain how this is cheating? What competitive edge was gained by e6 by logging Stellur out?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 14

Explain how this is cheating? What competitive edge was gained by e6 by logging Stellur out?

I guess you could argue that forcing a reset of the game mode back to the start would penalise the team in control of power ups/weapons/positions.

(Personal opinion is that this wasn't cheating, more rule breaking/attempt to ruin Stellur's reputation)

You sound really mad, did Cratos steal your bish?

Cratos is the winningest player in H5 after CLG. You guys are in the presence of greatness, pay homage.

Not sure if serious, but if you are:

He's not a bad player persay and there's something to be said for his ability to build a team, but he's certainly not the strong link on any of his previous teams. As far as I know, Mr. Greatness has mostly been a winningest player because his teammates have thrown him into their backpacks and dragged him there. So no, I'm not paying homage to shit.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They were trying to make Stellur look like he was throwing the match, because ESL forced E6 to play with Stellur despite them attempting to drop him.

They were protesting ESL's decision because it throws off the team dynamic and places them with someone who would probably secretly be throwing the match because the team already told him they're dropping him.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is every game for me. 60down 60up in DC area. I thought this was normal lol.

Same, until I started watching Pro League and LANs and saw people actually getting headshots at the chin level. The headshot hitbox for me seems to be a dot on the forehead, whereas nearly everyone headshots me mid-thrust and around walls.

It turns out I was playing on Expanded for a while though, it's a bit better now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh I think the whole team should be banned for the season. I don't actually think they should go to jail, I was just saying if it was Korea, with the esports laws they have in place, that could be a possibility. I have been lurking around the competitive halo scene since 05 and have never witnessed as big of an egomaniac/jackass/etc. And besides the fact that I hate him, I think a seasons ban is the minimum punishment warranted. Especially after he alone publicly accused Stellur of quitting out of the game, did an interview on the pro league that was incredibly unprofessional, and has been hurling insults at pretty much anyone and anything outside of his team, and just generally making the league and halo look bad.

Edit: Had to fix that run on sentence

I honestly do think that the only "crime" committed here is being blown out of proportion.

At the end of the day, them signing Stellur out is a minor escalation from a player rage quitting a Pro League. If a player was mad at his team and pulled his plug in the middle of a match, would you say that warrants a perma ban? The only difference between the two cases is that in one case the player disconnects himself, and in the other the player disconnects a teammate.

Other than any of the public image tarnishing that comes later, the end effect is the same.

As far as the attempted defamation of Stellur's character, even in real life, this would be considered civil libel and not criminal defamation. Would most likely result in a fine in a court of civil law.

• Downvote (-1) 3

This is every game for me. 60down 60up in DC area. I thought this was normal lol.

Ok I'm so glad I'm seeing this, because I've been tilting so hard lately. Something about this most recent update is making me feel like a bigger pile of garbage at this game than I already am.

• Upvote (+1) 5

They had spent the last week trying to bypass the roster lock.

If they got Stellur in trouble with the league, they probably had a shot at getting a sub for the next 3 games until roster lock was up.

This would give them extra time to play and practice with their new 4th

Ah, ok, I didn't really know about the roster lock issues. I was only thinking about the disconnection.