CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

nqbbm.jpg

An incorrect use of the original incorrectly interpreted meme. Never thought I'd see the day

You don't recover Xbox One profiles. If you sign in on a Xbox One, that console can access you account until it's removed from the console. You can only be online at one console at the time though so when someone signed in on his account elsewhere, he was signed out on his own console.

And since Stellur said he signed in on his account on one of the Xboxes in the Cratos household (Showtime's Xbox) it's pretty obvious someone from the E6 team just hit sign in on Stellurs profile and bam. Stellur was signed out from his own. I guess it would be pretty easy to tell by looking at the theater replay of the game they were playing. Was someone on E6 dead or not moving right before Stellur disconnecting? If not, it probably was Showtime.

• Upvote (+1) 6

You don't recover Xbox One profiles. If you sign in on a Xbox One, that console can access you account until it's removed from the console. You can only be online at one console at the time though so when someone signed in on his account elsewhere, he was signed out on his own console.

And since Stellur said he signed in on his account on one of the Xboxes in the Cratos household (Showtime's Xbox) it's pretty obvious someone from the E6 team just hit sign in on Stellurs profile and bam. Stellur was signed out from his own. I guess it would be pretty easy to tell by looking at the theater replay of the game they were playing. Was someone on E6 dead or not moving right before Stellur disconnecting? If not, it probably was Showtime.

Still all we'd really have is circumstantial evidence. Who's to say a guest didn't come over and inadvertently login? I know it's ridiculous but there's no proof of who did it.

I think the punishment should be more severe than forfeits. There were prepared to forfeit games anyway. They really don't deserve their league spot.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I think the best possible punishment for this E6 case is a deduction in Pro League earnings, depending on where E6 places at the end of the online Pro League. If it were up to me, I would take away 1/3 of what they would have earned. This will ensure that we still get to see all the matches which is always a good thing while punishing the team's pockets because of their dumb stunt. Of course we don't know exactly who signed on to Stellur's account, but we do know it had to be someone in E6 or at least affiliated with E6.

So, the best evidence of stellur getting his account recovered by e6 is that it was recovered in the same city/general area where cratos and co lives?

Despite the actual proof of where the sign in happened being the IP address (that's the other blocked out portion that isn't an email) there are other factors.

The coincidence of it happening at the exact time of the match. The screenshot shows the sign in was "Today" which means unless Stellur had the foresight to take that screenshot when he was there, then the screenshot was legit. It wasnt as if Stellur just used an old sign in, otherwise it would have just been a date and not "Today".

Someone on here didn't believe you could recover an account on another xbox unless it's yours but you definitely can especially if the password is saved.

Also Cratos immediately tweets out that B had quit out, when normally the first instinct is that a person lags out. Could just be Cratos being Cratos but it's still enough to be mentioned. Public defamation is serious stuff. I'm just glad B had his proof.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Still all we'd really have is circumstantial evidence. Who's to say a guest didn't come over and inadvertently login? I know it's ridiculous but there's no proof of who did it.

I think the punishment should be more severe than forfeits. There were prepared to forfeit games anyway. They really don't deserve their league spot.

What?

You're saying there's no proof in one sentence then saying they shouldn't have a league spot in the next.

All we have is circumstantial evidence, but who's to say that ESL doesn't have more than that?

Like I said in my previous post, you would think ESL could just ask 343/Microsoft to lookup the exact IP for that specific login and easily determine whether or not it came from the E6 house. We shall see, hopefully.

I will say, this is not the court of law,  therefore evidence and burden of proof may have different definitions.

It is really not as simple as "punish them". Who is punishing E6, on what grounds, with what authority? Are there rules/contacts in place, and were they violated? Is there enough evidence to justify a penalty? If they were to enforce a penalty would E6 have grounds for a lawsuit against ESL/343?

Any penalty that ESL hands down could certainly have fiscal ramifications for the players and org, this is not something to be taken lightly guys. E6 has gotten hammered from an image standpoint, I can't imagine they will take this laying down.

I know we are upset about the shady stuff that has been going down, but we don't know enough about this to make any conclusions on what actions ESL should take.

This is a raw deal for Stellur, but he already has what he needed most from this situation, his good name.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What?

You're saying there's no proof in one sentence then saying they shouldn't have a league spot in the next.

I said there's no proof of the individual who did it. But there is strong evidence to show that atleast one e6 member was behind it.

They've during this whole saga, they've made a mockery of the entire scene. It's not just the log in, they tried to break several other rules, and have weakened the broadcast product. That shouldn't be taken likely.

some people are calling for Bans. I'm calling for the roster spot to be placed into the hands of the one of the two e6 players who we know for a fact didn't try to violate any rules. That's who should get to decide the fate of the team going forward, not the people playing in that house.

Conspiracy theory: Maybe stellur had a friend in the area recover his account so that he could implicate the organization that he was upset with.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Conspiracy theory: Maybe stellur had a friend in the area recover his account so that he could implicate the organization that he was upset with.

That would be the absolute worst way for Stellur to end his Halo career.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I would suspend all players on the team and the organization for this season of the Halo Championship Series. Then I would permanently ban the guilty player from competing in 343i sanctioned tournaments. This is the highest level of competitive Halo and its completely unacceptable. It makes you look bad, it makes the sponsors look bad, and it makes the league look bad. 

Really hope ESL comes public with a ruling, and I hope its swift and severe. 

You sound really mad, did Cratos steal your bish? 

Cratos is the winningest player in H5 after CLG. You guys are in the presence of greatness, pay homage. 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 34

That would be the absolute worst way for Stellur to end his Halo career.

Yeah I know I'm just joking

• Upvote (+1) 2

I will say, this is not the court of law, therefore evidence and burden of proof may have different definitions.

It is really not as simple as "punish them". Who is punishing E6, on what grounds, with what authority? Are there rules/contacts in place, and were they violated? Is there enough evidence to justify a penalty? If they were to enforce a penalty would E6 have grounds for a lawsuit against ESL/343?

Any penalty that ESL hands down could certainly have fiscal ramifications for the players and org, this is not something to be taken lightly guys. E6 has gotten hammered from an image standpoint, I can't imagine they will take this laying down.

I know we are upset about the shady stuff that has been going down, but we don't know enough about this to make any conclusions on what actions ESL should take.

This is a raw deal for Stellur, but he already has what he needed most from this situation, his good name.

There are rules in place that were clearly broken. And expulsion from the league is one of the possible steps listed in the rule book for these alleged offenses.

I'm not actually calling for an complete expulsion, just the shifting of the league spot to another existing player on the same roster. Ofcourse what he does with that spot would be up to him. He's even be free to continue to team with his existing quad, but I imagine he probably wouldn't want to work with the player and org that tried to cut him out.

If I'm not mistaken, It's the players/managers who hold league spots, not the org (though I don't know who holds e6s spot) so shifting the possession of the spot to Stellur isn't technically an indictment of the e6 organization.

Cratos is the winningest player in H5 after CLG. You guys are in the presence of greatness, pay homage. 

I busted out laughing at the first sight of this post and I don't know if you're being serious or not.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I waited to buy a flight to santa ana until we for sure had a 4th. Prices went from just over 300 to almost 700. Holy shit. :apg:

I wish the St Louis LAN had been announced sooner.

Hey two things:

1) Don't be a Papi. No one wants a Papi.

2) Multiple accounts are against forum rules, Cratos

• Upvote (+1) 7

Well I'm fully ready to be disappointed at the punishment ESL passes down to E6. I'm not one of those people that think they should be permabanned or banned for the season. However, I don't think a slap on the wrist/fine/loss of vetoes is enough.

If there's adequate evidence to prove someone on E6 (coach or player) is responsible, I believe that they should have to forfeit both week 2 games.

I don't think that's TOO harsh of a punishment. It's not like E6 want to play with Stellur this week anyways. It also doesn't completely take them out of contention to make the LAN since it's still very early. Idk that's just my 2 cents. 

There's only 1 reason I cant think of that this doesn't work. You're hurting E6 yes, but you're also hurting 5 other teams by giving the 2 teams that would play them this week free wins. I mean you can minus 2 wins from their overall and that would have no effect on other teams but you can't just reward 2 lucky teams for playing them during their forfeited period.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey gents, wanted to come give some clarity on the above.

As you can see we have taken the decision to postpone the EU pro league and Open Circuit once again, this is regretful but we feel this is the best choice given the current situation. Based on player feedback the choice was made to push back a further week while ongoing fault finding and conversations between 343. pro players and an ISP continue.

What happens next - Currently there are talks with a UK-based ISP to determine the root of the cause along with many players providing game play/game files/Gamertag's/time/dates etc etc to 343 to try pin-point the exact fault at hand causing certain EU players to encounter what looks to be an of excessive amount of latency/delay during custom games. 343 is working hard with ESL alongside the players and we will continue to do so to try resolve this issue as fast as possible.

This is a tricky one but I will endeavour to keep the community and players up to date with answers/updates as they come in. I'm sure you can all appreciate this is not what we wanted but given the circumstances we have no other choice at this point while keeping up support of our players and teams.

Loving this transparency. Obviously it sucks, but this is an excellent response to what could have devolved into finger-pointing and a prematurely launched league. Good stuff, Simms.

• Upvote (+1) 5