CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

MLG has shown plenty of interest... 343 Hasnt invited them to the table for discussion. I feel like Gears competitive scene is going to devour Halo's due to actual LAN support, and a heavy focus on Local and regional tournaments, and the developer recognizing that it's ok to separate the Esports settings from the general MM settings. Not only that but their partnership with MLG appears to be rock solid, and they've already announced prize pools, and locations.

So basically they are doing everything that we have wanted to be done lol
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I believe one day they will look past their differences and work together again. Milk and cereal. Mac and cheese. Rum and coke. Captain America and Iron Man. MLG and Halo.

7oiuvsa.gif

I see a world where their partnership w/ ESL can coexist with a separate partnership with MLG. And it is beautiful.

b3bf057b69945a36a011d938e8853bf179cbc971

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there evidence that stellur's account was recovered to the e6 house?

Stellur posted a picture showing the account was accessed in Denver, which is where Cratos and Co live isn't it?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there evidence that stellur's account was recovered to the e6 house?

Stellur posted a picture showing the account was accessed in Denver, which is where Cratos and Co live isn't it?

I don't think Stellur can prove that it came directly from the E6 house (although I think we all know it did), but I'm pretty sure ESL has enough clout in this situation to ask HCS/343 to dig deeper and find out exactly which IP the login came from (because I'm assuming Microsoft can easily get this information?)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe one day they will look past their differences and work together again. Milk and cereal. Mac and cheese. Rum and coke. Captain America and Iron Man. MLG and Halo.

7oiuvsa.gif

I see a world where their partnership w/ ESL can coexist with a separate partnership with MLG. And it is beautiful.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

7oiuvsa.gif

Don't listen to the glorified sentient sack of memes, guys. 343 cares about us and only avoided MLG to protect us from heartbreak in the future.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So basically they are doing everything that we have wanted to be done lol

Seriously. Watch this video interview posted yesterday.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/09/gears-of-war-4-reveals-offline-lan-free-matchmaking-dlc-smooth-4k-on-pc/

It feels like The Coalition was reading this thread while designing their game and Esports scene. They even mention true offline LAN support being something that they had to "fight for" and I started reminiscing when Bungie used to fight for policies and practices that would help their game.

He were are w/o split screen and LAN support, and we are playing MS' biggest MP franchise. It's simply madness.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think the worst thing about not working with MLG is the unneeded pressure a lot of these smaller companies are going to have to deliver with their online and open events. You're going to be compared to MLG right off the bat, and if you don't perform the community going to say it like they did with the issues on Sunday.

Can't help but feel like a kid in an ugly divorce though. MLG was a special time for a lot of competitive Halo fans and not seeing them included hurts the community overall in growth and viewers, now they are working with Gears and maybe CoD? Ehhh :whoa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet but apg just said in kampy's chat that they will have renegadeJW subbing for maniac this week.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, the best evidence of stellur getting his account recovered by e6 is that it was recovered in the same city/general area where cratos and co lives?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

don't do this

lol I just want to see if there's evidence so that I can enjoy the drama too

• Upvote (+1) 1

7oiuvsa.gif

To quite the very wise Pennsatucky from OitNB...

Toast can't never be bread again.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't listen to the glorified sentient sack of memes, guys.

Perfect.

Well I'm fully ready to be disappointed at the punishment ESL passes down to E6. I'm not one of those people that think they should be permabanned or banned for the season. However, I don't think a slap on the wrist/fine/loss of vetoes is enough.

If there's adequate evidence to prove someone on E6 (coach or player) is responsible, I believe that they should have to forfeit both week 2 games.

I don't think that's TOO harsh of a punishment. It's not like E6 want to play with Stellur this week anyways. It also doesn't completely take them out of contention to make the LAN since it's still very early. Idk that's just my 2 cents. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

In my opinion, if they come to the conclusion that someone from the E6 team was to blame, anything less than a full season ban for the whole team is too lenient. I'm surprised so many people don't see this as that big of a deal.

Edit: Unless the E6 team then can also prove that it was done by a single person without the knowledge/approval of others on the team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, the best evidence of stellur getting his account recovered by e6 is that it was recovered in the same city/general area where cratos and co lives?

Unless someone stole is login information, The account had to have been recovered on a console he had previously logged in on.

I'm sure there aren't many consoles in Denver that meet that requirement.

Well I'm fully ready to be disappointed at the punishment ESL passes down to E6. I'm not one of those people that think they should be permabanned or banned for the season. However, I don't think a slap on the wrist/fine/loss of vetoes is enough.

If there's adequate evidence to prove someone on E6 (coach or player) is responsible, I believe that they should have to forfeit both week 2 games.

I don't think that's TOO harsh of a punishment. It's not like E6 want to play with Stellur this week anyways. It also doesn't completely take them out of contention to make the LAN since it's still very early. Idk that's just my 2 cents.

There won't be anyway to tell which individual actually logged into the account, and who was knowledgeable about it prior to it happening. So I doubt there will be any permabanning. But we can be pretty sure Stellur didn't do it (obviously)

So I think the team should be disbanded and Cratos should lose the spot to Stellur, and Stellur should be able to pick any team and Org he wants.

I doubt he'd want to continue to work with Cratos and E6 so they'd have to try their luck in the Open Circuit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think 2 weeks is a fair suspension. I was thinking the same thing

People want to see them get permabanned like what?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you guys think they will actually announce it or even bring it up on stream?

If the punishment is anything to do with vetoes or game losses they'll have to explain in some capacity surely?