CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

343 not allowing MLG to participate in the HCS in a huge deal

does that really require an explanation? ........................................................

MLG is the premier NA TO, they are 100% of the reason why we are here today, and they love halo

MLGs involvement in open halo lans would have helped grown the scene tremendously

if you can't see that then you are blind my friend

They only shared their opinion on the situation, jeez.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

343 not allowing MLG to participate in the HCS in a huge deal

does that really require an explanation? ........................................................

MLG is the premier NA TO, they are 100% of the reason why we are here today, and they love halo

MLGs involvement in open halo lans would have helped grown the scene tremendously 

if you can't see that then you are blind my friend

MLG is great. No doubt. The Regionals event completely surpassed my expectations, production-wise. All I'm saying is that the HCS can exist and thrive without them. The lack of MLG participation is not a dealbreaker, especially if they return for Worlds season again. They don't have a monopoly on the esports scene, there are plenty of other competent TOs that can run these events. PGL is one of them.

343 seems to be hesitant to work with MLG, only choosing to do so during the absolute biggest season of Halo 5 so far (NA lead-up to HWC), probably begrudgingly in order to maximize viewership/exposure for their biggest event. We have no idea why this is or who's in the wrong. Sure, the popular opinion here is that everything 343 does is horrible and everything MLG does is angelic, but I like to avoid circlejerks and look at things from a neutral point of view. We have no idea why 343 won't work with MLG and that's not likely to change. Some people and companies just refuse to work with others. Whatever the reason is, I'm over it and I'm not going to let it ruin my enjoyment of the season. ESL has done a fine job (more or less) over the past two years and seem to be making tremendous improvements with the upcoming season, and we know PGL runs a kickass event.

• Upvote (+1) 13
  • Downvote (-1) 4

All I'm saying is that the HCS can exist and thrive without them. 

exist? yes. Thrive? nah

and that's why people are upset

We have no idea why this is or who's in the wrong.

343 isn't even giving MLG the chance to negotiate terms, they are in the wrong

We have no idea why 343 won't work with MLG and that's not likely to change

EGO

see above point

Whatever the reason is, I'm over it

people who care about halos future arent

I'm not going to let it ruin my enjoyment of the season.

agreed

can you at least admit that PGL is an overall downgrade from MLG?

PGL has zero reach in the esports world.... we might as well have XYZ host our open circuit events

it's not OKAY that MLG is being excluded, it fucking sucks and it's a major detriment to potential growth

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Just out of curiosity, has anyone from 343/esl/whoever commented on why MLG are claiming they're being excluded?

Not saying it isn't the case, but just curious if we only have MLG's view on it.

One of the things that have been bugging me about the whole MLG thing:

Last season, when many had assumed MLG didn't want to be involved in Halo there was a 'conversation' here between Reps of both ESL and MLG that set the record straight.

It appears to me that came down to a fundamental difference in opinion over what was best for the open circuit. ESL felt like any tournaments that features Pro players should not have HCS implications. MLG (rightly) felt that LANs without pro's or without HCS implications wouldn't be worth their investment.

Fast-Forward to today, the powers that be seem to agree that MLG was right. We have an upcoming Open LAN, with Pro Teams AND HCS implications (1st open LAN- teams qualify for OC finals, 2nd open LAN- teams qualify for relegation ). And what does MLG get in return for providing the idea? Not even a phone call.

I was joking at first, but I can't shake the feeling that there is a personal issue standing in the way of progress here, and it's sad because the entire scene is hampered by it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

so odd, maniac and apg do fine in pro 8s against other top pros. but play bad together on optic. It is not lack of skill for sure.

Communication and team work. Optic are terrible for it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Extraction on Station 9.5

Ship it.

Jokes aside, Extraction was dope. One of the things Halo 4 did right.

• Upvote (+1) 7

ESL has done a fine job (more or less) over the past two years and seem to be making tremendous improvements with the upcoming season, and we know PGL runs a kickass event.

That is certainly debatable.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The most confusing part to me was when Adam said MLG didn't even get the chance to bid on running Halo.

If it wasn't financially viable to have them run it that would be an excuse we could all live with. You have to give them the chance to make an offer though. Not doing so is pretty weird from my viewpoint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Once again, we have no idea why 343 is refusing to work with MLG. Just assumptions, one side of the story and personal bias towards a company we all love. We do not know the details and to assume that one side is automatically in the wrong is unfair, imo. This is business, and in the end everyone is looking out for their own best interests. I don't think 343 would knowingly harm their product's potential exposure via MLG unless they had a damn good reason.

The difference is, one side has explained the situation, whereas the other has refrained from speaking on the topic so it is completely logical to assume that the side that has explained the situation is right and the other is in the wrong. If the 'other side' weren't in the wrong, they'd have contacted MLG and more importantly explained why they've avoided them to the community. Yet, not even a single person has said anything to MLG, even after all this time.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

MLG is great. No doubt. The Regionals event completely surpassed my expectations, production-wise. All I'm saying is that the HCS can exist and thrive without them. The lack of MLG participation is not a dealbreaker, especially if they return for Worlds season again. They don't have a monopoly on the esports scene, there are plenty of other competent TOs that can run these events. PGL is one of them.

343 seems to be hesitant to work with MLG, only choosing to do so during the absolute biggest season of Halo 5 so far (NA lead-up to HWC), probably begrudgingly in order to maximize viewership/exposure for their biggest event. We have no idea why this is or who's in the wrong. Sure, the popular opinion here is that everything 343 does is horrible and everything MLG does is angelic, but I like to avoid circlejerks and look at things from a neutral point of view. We have no idea why 343 won't work with MLG and that's not likely to change. Some people and companies just refuse to work with others. Whatever the reason is, I'm over it and I'm not going to let it ruin my enjoyment of the season. ESL has done a fine job (more or less) over the past two years and seem to be making tremendous improvements with the upcoming season, and we know PGL runs a kickass event.

It's some personal bullshit as far as I'm concerned. Business wise, it would be smartest to run with MLG for the open LAN.

343 didn't even give MLG a chance to bid. 

CLG 9 - 3 TL

EG 14 - 0 OG (Heinz 4th)

E6 3 - 11 (eco, el town, danoxide, naded) 

ALG 5 - 2 E6

did i get them all? i think i did

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yup, that's exactly what I said.

If Beyond was just accepting everything, we wouldn't be where we are at first place. We got them to introduce open lans, but that isn't the end of the road.

With this attitude, we would be still playing Infinity slayer and cheering basement lans with 3k prizepool and 2k viewership.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder when NV will stream again 

If Beyond was just accepting everything, we would be where we are at first place. We got them to introduce open lans, but that isn't the end of the road.

With this attitude, we would be still playing Infinity slayer and cheering basement lans with 3k prizepool and 2k viewership.

You say this like the lack of this one seemingly infallible company is the absolute end-all-be-all in whether HCS succeeds or not. That's not the case. With or without MLG, I'd say we're in a fine spot at the moment and going to war with the dev/TO over this isn't going to help anything and probably only have a negative impact.

During Halo 4, we weren't in a fine spot. Change needed to happen. Breakout was absolute trash, it needed to be gone. Double-elimination is essential to a fair Halo event. That needed to be changed. One specific tournament organizer running everything? Not quite so important, imo.

For reals though, I'm done with this. I expect my rep bar to be 200 lower by the time I wake up.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Only time( end of year) will tell if 343 screwed up or not by not allowing MLG to bid for the Open Lan events, in the meantime I'll remain skeptical about it.

OT : Another classic night of Optic Gaming's Halo team.

I hope an Open Circuit team places in the money at both of the LANs and makes more money than Optic over the course of the season as a result.

• Upvote (+1) 7