CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

But what is heavy aim??. I played with a latency of 320ms to the Azure servers, so i dont know if me not hitting the shots is because of latency or "heavy aim".

Can someone explain what is "heavy aim" show me a video or something.

It's like on the original Xbox where your aiming would get real slow regardless of your sensitivity. So then you would have to unplug then plug back in your controller. In h5 it gets real slow, and sluggish but it happens all the time. It makes it harder to follow people with your shot. It makes it seem like there is slow turn on your controller

I played a CE/H2 LAN for my buddies birthday on original Xbox recently and was thinking "Why is it so easy to aim"...A shooter made 15 years ago has better feeling aim the H5 does.

Yep, that's one of the main reasons I stopped playing daily. Halo 5 killed my ability to play other shooters because the aiming model is esoteric. Hopefully Halo 6 brings it back to a more natural feeling. 

Probably one of the worst analogies I've heard in a while, but okay man lol.

But yeah about the video, see my edit in the posts you quoted. I would actually like to see it.

Yeah it's very odd issue for me to understand. Part of me says there actually is something wrong, however, on the flip side of things people do tend to complain just to complain on here so there's also that. With the aiming system in this game though, I'd give people the benefit of the doubt and would be willing to put my money on the former as opposed to people on here just complaining to complain. Most of us here have more than average common sense, so it makes sense that people are observing abnormalities.

It's really not though. If you Aren't experiencing the symptom, you have no perspective with which to judge the remedy.

You Don't even seem to have experienced heavy aim , or notice it when it happens, so how can you provide any incite into what does or doesn't correct it?

Edit: anyway, I just watch a video on Ars with the Coalition. They were talking about how the fought for offline LAN support because it was crucial to the social and competitive environment. And how they understand that different audiences (social, competitive, Esports) want different settings. They also talked about making a game that shows they understand the franchise before making dramatic changes. I really hope they can rub off on 343 for H6. That's exactly the attitude Will take to make halo a big esport again.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I would love 343 if they put an option to play without dedi server in customs games, doesnt make sense for me when im hosting customs games with local players, that with all have to conect to a server with 300ms.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's really not though. If you Aren't experiencing the symptom, you have no perspective with which to judge the remedy.

Don't know even seem to have experienced heavy aim , or notice it when it happens, so how can you provide any incite into what does or doesn't correct it?

The analogy didn't make sense because of the "remedy." There are people who have experienced it who feel as if the pausing strategy doesn't do a single thing whereas there are another group of individuals who say it fixes the issue for them. Also, Tylenol/Pain relievers were developed based on data. They didn't just throw a bunch of random ingredients into a pill and call it a day lol. That's the equivalent of what your remedy is for "heavy aim" to be honest. You're just doing something and saying it feels better. You don't have any data (any type of reasoning or explanation behind this aiming bug).  You can't even explain how it works, yet I'm the one who can't provide any incite?

I'm honestly not sure how you're not understanding my point right now... Like I've literally said several times that I'm not disagreeing that it exists but it feels like you're trying to shove down my throat a point that doesn't need to be made.

The analogy didn't make sense because of the "remedy." There are people who have experienced it who feel as if the pausing strategy doesn't do a single thing whereas there are another group of individuals who say it fixes the issue for them. Also, Tylenol/Pain relievers were developed based on data. They didn't just throw a bunch of random ingredients into a pill and call it a day lol. That's the equivalent of what you're remedy is for "heavy aim" to be honest. You're just doing something and saying it feels better. You don't have any data (any type of reasoning or explanation behind this aiming bug). You can't even explain how it works, yet I'm the one who can't provide any incite?

I'm honestly not sure how you're not understanding my point right now... Like I've literally said several times that I'm not disagreeing that it exists but it feels like you're trying to shove down my throat a point that doesn't need to be made.

we aren't talking about what empirical data it takes to develop a solution for heavy aim. We are talking about wether or not the "remedy" actually works. You haven't even experienced the issue, but are telling people that the remedy doesn't work. you have no incite whatsoever.

It's LIKE you taking a medicine, w/o having its target symptoms, then saying the medicine doesn't work as advertised.

But whatever, it doesn't matter. Apparently someone on the team has acknowledged the issue and hopefully they fix it soon.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

we aren't talking about what empirical data it takes to develop a solution for heavy aim. We are talking about wether or not the "remedy" actually works. You haven't even experienced the issue, but are telling people that the remedy doesn't work. you have no incite whatsoever.

It's LIKE you taking a medicine, w/o having its target symptoms, then saying the medicine doesn't work as advertised.

But whatever, it doesn't matter. Apparently someone on the team has acknowledged the issue and hopefully they fix it soon.

Well what do you say in response to those in this exact thread who say that the pausing doesn't do a thing? They've experienced the same exact thing you are and have been saying pausing doesn't do a single thing. Don't just dismiss my opinion because I'm thinking logically about it. I'm fully aware that the aiming is shit in this game.

But dope. Hopefully it gets fixed then. However, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a bullet point in an update that says "Fixed an issue where users may momentarily feel sluggish aim" and then all of the sudden "My aim is working great now!  :D " posts ensue; when in actuality they didn't do anything.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Well what do you say in response to those in this exact thread who say that the pausing doesn't do a thing? They've experienced the same exact thing you are and have been saying pausing doesn't do a single thing. Don't just dismiss my opinion because I'm thinking logically about it. I'm fully aware that the aiming is shit in this game.

But dope. Hopefully it gets fixed then. However, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a bullet point in an update that says "Fixed an issue where users may momentarily feel sluggish aim" and then all of the sudden "My aim is working great now! :D " posts ensue; when in actuality they didn't do anything.

I'd say the people who experience it, but don't find relief with the start button actually have a leg to stand on...

But you don't.

Also, you are dismissing the fact that it exists, but I should value your "logical" opinion...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

So this weekend is the 9 year anniversary of H3 and this place 5mins away from my house is doing this thing called "Halo Fest"

They are holding a MCC split screen 4v4 tournament on 20 foot tall projectors

ROUND 1
Halo CE, Pistols, Hang Em High

ROUND 2
Halo 2, Shotty Snipers, King of the Hill, Midship

ROUND 3
Halo 3, Capture the Flag, Valhalla

Oh boy this should be interesting

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'd say the people who experience it, but don't find relief with the start button actually have a leg to stand on...

But you don't.

Also, you are dismissing the fact that it exists, but I should value your "logical" opinion...

Okay, I was wondering why you were arguing with me. Clearly you weren't reading anything I was saying.

I never dismissed that it existed once. Please quote me where I said it didn't exist. I'll wait.

I stated multiple times in multiple posts that I'm willing to bet it does exists. The issue I have with this heavy aiming mechanic is that no one can explain how it works and only that pausing fixes it. Like, okay? There are a bunch of people in this thread who have stated pausing doesn't do anything. It probably does fix whatever issue you're experiencing. 

I'll write in red since you can't seem to read anything else I'm reading. I'm not denying this issue exists. It probably does exist. It would be nice to know exactly wtf the problem is instead of saying "My aiming feels heavy and pausing fixes it." It would be more beneficial than sitting here arguing semantics with me. It's kind of hard to say don't have a leg to stand on when you can't even properly articulate how something is affecting you. There are a bunch of people who believe the Earth is flat, but can't do anything but dance around a theory instead of actually proving it.

• Upvote (+1) 3