CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Okay well it definitely seems like we're talking about two different things.

The core aiming system, which I'm referring to, is dog shit lol. I mean it's playable, but no one can deny that it's not there. It's definitely not a "non issue" because the aiming is very sporadic in this game. I'm not one to complain about it constantly, but the complaints about it in general are still valid.

The heavy aiming thing (the press start and all of a sudden it feels better trick) I'm not 100% about; no one has proven it yet. Me personally, and I've said this in this thread before, I've tried it and I personally believe it's just a placebo effect. However, it could very well be true. I am not saying it's a myth, because no one knows. It's just people saying it feels better. The core aiming system in my mind would be the underlying issue though, would it not?

You aren't understanding the heavy aim thing. It's not "press start and your aim will just feels better". When you are playing and you get used to the reticle moving at a certain speed in response to your input, then all of a sudden, that same level of input causes it to move at a much slower speed- you are experiencing heavy aim. When it happens, It seems to me that pressing start reverts it back to its normal speed. I think others press start repeatedly as preemptive measure.

I too denied its existence, but I started experiencing it every few hrs or so.

Anyway, the convo has gotten circular. I'm gonna try to make a video at some point this week if I can catch it in action.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You aren't understanding the heavy aim thing. It's not "press start and your aim will just feels better". When you are playing and you get used to the reticle moving at a certain speed in response to your input, then all of a sudden, that same level of input causes it to move at a much slower speed- you are experiencing heavy aim. When it happens, It seems to me that pressing start reverts it back to its normal speed. I think others press start repeatedly as preemptive measure.

Anyway, the convo has gotten circular. I'm gonna try to make a video at some point this week if I can catch it in action.

I clearly understand it. I've understood it since the day Contra started explaining why he's pressing start all the time. Haha I'm not new here man. What I'm saying is I personally think it's just a placebo because no one has proven it yet. If you could make a video showing/analyzing the issue that would be dope because everyone there is easily a mixed community on this discussion. I'm not the only one who think it's a placebo effect. We're not going to pretend that gamers simply just taking the word from pros isn't a thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I clearly understand it. I've understood it since the day Contra started explaining why he's pressing start all the time. Haha I'm not new here man. What I'm saying is I personally think it's just a placebo because no one has proven it yet. If you could make a video showing/analyzing the issue that would be dope because everyone there is easily a mixed community on this discussion. I'm not the only one who think it's a placebo effect.

How can you say it's placebo if you aren't experiencing the heavy aim?

Sounds like you were just pressing start hoping it would fix the shitty default aiming system....

OpTic are fourth right now, behind Luminosity, EG, and Team Liquid.

59a8dc009704999dc7aeb1d0eb63c0c1.png

There was either a poor use of sarcasm or I missed something. We're only one week into pro league and the standings at this moment mean diddly. I mean TL only have a W because they match up well against nV. And LG hasn't really played anyone tough. Just look at the combination of scrims and league for your best power rankings and you'll see Optic is still on top

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Only 343 could make a game in which aiming is tied to latency, seriously. Where have you ever heard of such a thing?

In Starcraft 2 the Frames are tied with the latency, if you have high latency your game will take FPS drops. The SC2 engine is wierd like that.

How can you say it's placebo if you aren't experiencing the heavy aim?

Sounds like you were just pressing start hoping it found fix the shitty default aiming system.... Which isn't how it works...

How can you say it's not a placebo when you can't prove it other than just saying "it feels heavy"? I can ask questions which defer the actual point at hand too...

It seems like you're arguing with me for semantics at this point. My point is that you can't prove it to me besides saying it "feels heavy." I'm able to prove the shitty aiming system. I was able to prove Anti-Aim in CE on MCC. I was able to prove the various other bugs in MCC. No one has proven this "heavy aiming" feeling yet besides just listening to what other people are saying.

And once again, I'm not saying it doesn't exist; which is the reason I'm not understand why you're disagreeing with me when I'm clearly not disagreeing with you. What I'm saying is, it would be nice to have some type of explanation on what is going on besides a hypothesis of what you think is going on... I was being facetious about the "Press start and it feels better" statement. It wasn't meant to be taken super seriously man lol.

Edit: Now, you said you would make a video explaining/showing it. I encourage you to do so! Because that would be dope and would eliminate back and forths like this. Arguing something that not everyone is fully experiencing and having no content to support anything you're saying is just pointless to me. And that's on the assumption that I disagree that it exists, which I don't. Knowing Halo 5, it probably is an issue that needs to be addressed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Week 1 of the Pro League if they are still 4th on week 4-5 then yeah they are not as dominant.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How can you say it's not a placebo when you can't prove it other than just saying "it feels heavy"? I can ask questions which defer the actual point at hand too...

It seems like you're arguing with me for semantics at this point. My point is that you can't prove it to me besides saying it "feels heavy." I'm able to prove the shitty aiming system. I was able to prove Anti-Aim in CE on MCC. I was able to prove the various other bugs in MCC. No one has proven this "heavy aiming" feeling yet besides just listening to what other people are saying.

And once again, I'm not saying it doesn't exist; which is the reason I'm not understand why you're disagreeing with me when I'm clearly not disagreeing with you. What I'm saying is, it would be nice to have some type of explanation on what is going on besides a hypothesis of what you think is going on... I was being facetious about the "Press start and it feels better" statement. It wasn't meant to be taken super seriously man lol.

You are correct, no one has been able to prove it, im not convinced yet on the "heavy aim" and for me pressing start is ********, there is no logic behind pressing start doing anything, unless someone shows me a line of code that proves it, i will be on the fence.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It seems like you're arguing with me for semantics at this point. My point is that you can't prove it to me besides saying it "feels heavy." I'm able to prove the shitty aiming system. I was able to prove Anti-Aim in CE on MCC. I was able to prove the various other bugs in MCC. No one has proven this "heavy aiming" feeling yet besides just listening to what other people are saying.

And once again, I'm not saying it doesn't exist; which is the reason I'm not understand why you're disagreeing with me when I'm clearly not disagreeing with you. What I'm saying is, it would be nice to have some type of explanation on what is going on besides a hypothesis of what you think is going on... I was being facetious about the "Press start and it feels better" statement. It wasn't meant to be taken super seriously man lol.

How does someone prove they have a headache? And that Tylenol made it feel better.

You , without a headache, can't just pop a Tylenol and say "my head feels the same, the Tylenol must not be doing anything for anyone"

But yeah I see the need for proof. I'll try to make a vid of I can find the time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You are correct, no one has been able to prove it, im not convinced yet on the "heavy aim" and for me pressing start is ********, there is no logic behind pressing start doing anything, unless someone shows me a line of code that proves it, i will be on the fence.

I agree pressing start doesn't do anything, that being said, neighbor acknowledged that* heavy aim exists.

I agree pressing start doesn't do anything, that being said, neighbor acknowledged it heavy aim exists.

But what is heavy aim??. I played with a latency of 320ms to the Azure servers, so i dont know if me not hitting the shots is because of latency or "heavy aim".

Can someone explain what is "heavy aim" show me a video or something.

How does someone prove they have a headache? And that Tylenol made it feel better.

You , without a headache, can't just pop a Tylenol and say "my head feels the same, the Tylenol must not be doing anything for anyone"

But yeah I see the need for proof. I'll try to make a vid of I can find the time.

Probably one of the worst analogies I've heard in a while, but okay man lol.

But yeah about the video, see my edit in the posts you quoted. I would actually like to see it.

Yeah it's very odd issue for me to understand. Part of me says there actually is something wrong, however, on the flip side of things people do tend to complain just to complain on here so there's also that. With the aiming system in this game though, I'd give people the benefit of the doubt and would be willing to put my money on the former as opposed to people on here just complaining to complain. Most of us here have more than average common sense, so it makes sense that people are observing abnormalities. 

I played this game for an unhealthy amount of time up until mid July, and that on a pretty high level (champion for multiple seasons) and I still don't know what people mean when they are talking about heavy aim. Maybe it's due to me always pressing start in-game anyways... definitely not to make sure I'm not goosing or going -15...  :bman:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Probably one of the worst analogies I've heard in a while, but okay man lol.

But yeah about the video, see my edit in the posts you quoted. I would actually like to see it.

Yeah it's very odd issue for me to understand. Part of me says there actually is something wrong, however, on the flip side of things people do tend to complain just to complain on here so there's also that. With the aiming system in this game though, I'd give people the benefit of the doubt and would be willing to put my money on the former as opposed to people on here just complaining to complain. Most of us here have more than average common sense, so it makes sense that people are observing abnormalities. 

At this point it feels like a religiuos argument, you either have faith it exist or not.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So what you're saying is that, statistically, Optic are factually not the best team right now. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

But what is heavy aim??. I played with a latency of 320ms to the Azure servers, so i dont know if me not hitting the shots is because of latency or "heavy aim".

Can someone explain what is "heavy aim" show me a video or something.

You can't show it,there is nothing to show, it just has to do with how much ease you can move your cursor. It sometimes it feels like your trying to aim while underwater and sometimesee it doesnt.that's all is is.

Why some people notice it and some don't, I have no idea, but I can Teel you some people are more sensitive to that kind of stuff.

For example, halo 3s aim for me was so much different then halo 2s aim. I went through like 3 monitors before realizing that's just how halo 3s aim was, and I hated it. But I had friends tell me they couldn't tell the difference but for me it was night and day. So who knows.

So what you're saying is that, statistically, Optic are factually not the best team right now. :kappa:

Whether I'm saying it or not, it's a true statement.

EnVy are the best team statistically in scrims since Roster Lock. (Except in Slayers, where OpTic has them beat.)

EG and LG are tied as the #1 team in the League.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It has nothing to do with a server. Halo 5 has a different sensitivity functionality compared to previous Halo games. The irregular acceleration jump based on aim acceleration and dead-zone threshold have most to deal with it. Hop on pretty much any other Halo (or any shooter on Xbox One for that matter) and you can feel a significant difference. You can't really say you don't get it lol. The aiming was designed in the game intentionally.

Well there's that issue and then the server / random heaviness issue that most of the pros have been complaining about. 

Compared to other Halo games, my aim's never been better TBH. Still trash tho  :mj:

Whether I'm saying it or not, it's a true statement.

EnVy are the best team statistically in scrims since Roster Lock. (Except in Slayers, where OpTic has them beat.)

EG and LG are tied as the #1 team in the League.

I miss the days when we determined who the best teams were based on LAN placings, not online placings. :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 4