CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Statistics also ignore context. How many kills did Royal 2 finish that he started in comparison to his teammates? How many kills were just him cleaning up one shots? What's the definition of a slayer? Is it a player who just gets the most kills? Or is it the player who gets the most kills by himself? You think it's simple. It's not.

what is damage per death, damage per second, kills per second ect?

you do realize we have a site that keeps track of this 'missing context', that provided graphs for these things over here last season right?

• Upvote (+1) 5

You ever heard of a discussion forum? You're on one right now.

that's fine, most people don't agree with you and they're telling you why. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's a dumb discussion. They are the best team in a team game. Trying to say who the weakest is based off of whatever criteria you make up is pointless. There is no discussion to be had because there are no facts supporting anything related to this topic.

If I had a dollar for every time someone interrupted a discussion with "this is dumb" or "this is pointless", I'd be rich. Get off your high horse.

• Downvote (-1) 8

If I had a dollar for every time someone interrupted a discussion with "this is dumb" or "this is pointless", I'd be rich. Get off your high horse.

From an outside perspective, your posts in this particular discussion are the ones that seem to be coming from a high horse.

• Upvote (+1) 7

you do realize we have a site that keeps track of this 'missing context', that provided graphs for these things over here last season right?

You should know better than to bring facts to an internet pissing contest. Rookie mistake.

• Upvote (+1) 4

What's your point? You're the one who equated most kills to being the best slayer. YOU ignored context. Not me.

• Downvote (-1) 9

I think we need to get back to the real issues....

1. Who is more entertaining to watch Frosty or Royal 2?

2. Who is more interesting to listen to talk on stream Lethul or Snakebite?

3. Most importantly, who is the shortest team overall in HCS?

this man is asking the serious questions :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

You should know better than to bring facts to an internet pissing contest. Rookie mistake.

To be fair, me and him are having two separate arguments in one discussion. He's too busy trying to prove Royal 2 is the best slayer when that was never my point. I've been talking about "slayer" as a concept within Halo's multiplayer, using Royal 2 as just an example.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It has nothing to do with a server. Halo 5 has a different sensitivity functionality compared to previous Halo games. The irregular acceleration jump based on aim acceleration and dead-zone threshold have most to deal with it. Hop on pretty much any other Halo (or any shooter on Xbox One for that matter) and you can feel a significant difference. You can't really say you don't get it lol. The aiming was designed in the game intentionally.

Accidental plus rep. This is not it.

When the heavy-aim takes effect, it's as if the aim acceleration coefficient momentarily lowers. Then after a few moments or pressing start, it resets to whatever the user has it set on.

It's very clearly a bug and has nothing to go with the controller settings. Those are static.

When the heavy-aim takes effect, it's as if the aim acceleration coefficient momentarily lowers. Then after a few moments or pressing start, it resets to whatever the user has it set on.

It's very clearly a bug and has nothing to go with the controller settings. Those are static.

you know i've always felt the aiming was off but only recently have i noticed it's gotten this bad. did the start press the other day and i suddenly realized why lethul was doing it. #newmeta.

you know i've always felt the aiming was off but only recently have i noticed it's gotten this bad. did the start press the other day and i suddenly realized why lethul was doing it. #newmeta.

Yeah the functionality being different from previous halo's is one thing- but if it's consistent, people can adapt. But with heavy aim, its like having your controller settings change right in the middle of a firefight. There's no adapting to that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've heard this argument. Not saying I don't believe it, because it could be true. However, literally no one has proven this to this day (Unless I've missed it being posted here; I've been kind of MIA for a couple weeks). The acceleration jump on the other hand, you can physically see. Someone posted a video on it on these forums and you can demonstrate it by yourself. Go into a match, start easing your thumbstick towards the outer deadzone, and the watch the acceleration just kick in. It doesn't do that in any other Halo game. I fail to see how this is not an issue with the controller configuration... (I'm not talking about the values you set from the start screen, I'm talking about the actual programming to make the aiming function).

If everyone from Optic was streaming scrims I'd choose Frosty 90% of the time purely incase he goes to some new cool spot

• Upvote (+1) 6

It has nothing to do with a server. Halo 5 has a different sensitivity functionality compared to previous Halo games. The irregular acceleration jump based on aim acceleration and dead-zone threshold have most to deal with it. Hop on pretty much any other Halo (or any shooter on Xbox One for that matter) and you can feel a significant difference. You can't really say you don't get it lol. The aiming was designed in the game intentionally.

No no no. I think it's important we all get on the same page with regards to the aiming debacle. Heavy aim and halo 5's core aiming are two different things.

We have halo 5's shitty aim and then we have heavy aim which happens on top of the already shit aim. It feels like your trying to shoot while underwater, and it very noticeable when you go from a game where aim feels good to a game where it feels bad, and vice versa.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've heard this argument. Not saying I don't believe it, because it could be true. However, literally no one has proven this to this day (Unless I've missed it being posted here; I've been kind of MIA for a couple weeks). The acceleration jump on the other hand, you can physically see. Someone posted a video on it on these forums and you can demonstrate it by yourself. Go into a match, start easing your thumbstick towards the outer deadzone, and the watch the acceleration just kick in. It doesn't do that in any other Halo game. I fail to see how this is not an issue with the controller configuration... (I'm not talking about the values you set from the start screen, I'm talking about the actual programming to make the aiming function).

What you are talking about is a completely different issue related to 343 turning a large portion of the sticks operating range into deadzones by default. It's really a non issue now that you can set deadzones to zero and set your acceleration to whatever you want.

Heavy aim is difficult to "prove" because it happens sporadically. But more than enough people have had the exact same issue.

Pressing start doesn't fix anything, if it did peiple wouldnt still be complaining, and never have I ever had it go from good to bad in a game. It's the whole duration of the game.

• Downvote (-1) 4

Yeah the functionality being different from previous halo's is one thing- but if it's consistent, people can adapt. But with heavy aim, its like having your controller settings change right in the middle of a firefight. There's no adapting to that.

bloom 2.0 confirmed :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pressing start doesn't fix anything, if it did peiple wouldnt still be complaining, and never have I ever had it go from good to bad in a game. It's the whole duration of the game.

Ok, that's your experience. I've never had it last a whole game, it usually goes away after a few moments or I press start.

People are complaining because your should not have to press start 1 million times in a match to keep you aim working consistently. You think that would be a acceptable solution?

No no no. I think it's important we all get on the same page with regards to the aiming debacle. Heavy aim and halo 5's core aiming are two different things.

We have halo 5's shitty aim and then we have heavy aim which happens on top of the already shit aim. It feels like your trying to shoot while underwater, and it very noticeable when you go from a game where aim feels good to a game where it feels bad, and vice versa.

What you are talking about is a completely different issue related to 343 turning a large portion of the sticks operating range into deadzones by default. It's really a non issue now that you can set deadzones to zero and set your acceleration to whatever you want.

Heavy aim is difficult to "prove" because it happens sporadically. But more than enough people have had the exact same issue.

Okay well it definitely seems like we're talking about two different things. 

The core aiming system, which I'm referring to, is dog shit lol. I mean it's playable, but no one can deny that it's not there. It's definitely not a "non issue" because the aiming is very sporadic in this game. I'm not one to complain about it constantly, but the complaints about it in general are still valid.

The heavy aiming thing (the press start and all of a sudden it feels better trick) I'm not 100% about; no one has proven it yet. Me personally, and I've said this in this thread before, I've tried it and I personally believe it's just a placebo effect. However, it could very well be true. I am not saying it's a myth, because no one knows. It's just people saying it feels better. The core aiming system in my mind would be the underlying issue though, would it not?

Only 343 could make a game in which aiming is tied to latency, seriously. Where have you ever heard of such a thing?

Let's not speculate on what is and is not tied to each other. Could be "laggy" due to a variety of reasons.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They are the number 1 team. Trying to say who the worst player is, is just dumb. They all fill the roles required of them to make the team win. Smh.

OpTic are fourth right now, behind Luminosity, EG, and Team Liquid.

59a8dc009704999dc7aeb1d0eb63c0c1.png

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 10

Let's not speculate on what is and is not tied to each other. Could be "laggy" due to a variety of reasons.

Perhaps. But what other explanation could there be as to why some people experience it and others don't? I, for example, have never experienced or rather noticed it, while Contra cannot go a single game without talking about it.