CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

His value is more situational than his teammates. He's more of a wild card by comparison. Great player but everything he's great at, his teammates are better. Except for the occasional scenario where he's used as an anchor, then he becomes the Kuroko of Halo. I could go more in depth but I don't want to be the next Audley. :simms:

I guess when it comes down to it, he'd be the last player I'd draft for a team out of the four on Optic. Snakebite would be my first pick. Best player in the game and it's not really close.

Edit: Strike the Kuroko comment. That was off the cuff. Probably not applicable. Guess it depends on perspective.

who is a better slayer than royal 2? did he not lead the league last season in kill stats with huke as a close second?

frosty is a nerdier player for sure, and tends to have flashier plays as of late but Royal 2 still is the most efficient and consistent slayer on the team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

in pure gun skill/ shot accuracy? maybe

as in overall player? no. 

Where do you think his weaknesses are in comparison to Optic players?

who is a better slayer than royal 2? did he not lead the league last season in kill stats with huke as a close second?

frosty is a nerdier player for sure, and tends to have flashier plays as of late but Royal 2 still is the most efficient and consistent slayer on the team.

Frosty is the most fun player to watch. His play style is FUN, flashy and he likes to bag players during matchmaking.

Sorry but Royal 2 crouching around and perfecting everyone isn't as much fun to watch.

• Downvote (-1) 1

One thing Bungie always got right was the aiming - it felt amazing. Hopefully, 343 can figure this out, because Halo 5 has very questionable aiming mechanisms. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Where do you think his weaknesses are in comparison to Optic players?

his objective work; it's not so much that it's bad but that optic are so much better at running flags or stronghold rotations. 

that and his communications tend to tunnelzone when he has snipe/power weapons, though this has improved since coming to NV under snip3down and pistolas guidance.

Frosty is the most fun player to watch. His play style is FUN, flashy and he likes to bag players during matchmaking.

Sorry but Royal 2 crouching around and perfecting everyone isn't as much fun to watch.

whether or not frosty is flashier is irrelevant. statically speaking, royal 2 is the best slayer on optic/clg. to say he doesn't have a specific role he shines at on the team is factually incorrect, boring gameplay or not.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Rarely get this, but I'm in Plat so guess I have better chances of getting on a good server.

It has nothing to do with a server. Halo 5 has a different sensitivity functionality compared to previous Halo games. The irregular acceleration jump based on aim acceleration and dead-zone threshold have most to deal with it. Hop on pretty much any other Halo (or any shooter on Xbox One for that matter) and you can feel a significant difference. You can't really say you don't get it lol. The aiming was designed in the game intentionally.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

his objective work; it's not so much that it's bad but that optic are so much better at running flags or stronghold rotations. 

that and his communications tend to tunnelzone when he has snipe/power weapons, though this has improved since coming to NV.

I was going to say his communication sounds really good to me especially lately. He is more vocal now, and makes play calls instead of just call outs. Also, he seems to have the best mind to go for power weapons and power ups.

I think him and Frosty have the highest ceilings of anyone playing halo right now. Both are improving consistently.

whether or not frosty is flashier is irrelevant. statically speaking, royal 2 is the best slayer on optic/clg. to say he doesn't have a specific role he shines at on the team is factually incorrect, boring gameplay or not.

I agree dude is a stud, I'd just rather watch Frosty, I didn't say one was better at Halo than the other.

I said Royal 2 was the weakest player, not the weakest slayer. I also never mentioned Frosty in my post.

Snakebite >  Everyone else

Factually incorrect? Lol. What? That's like saying whoever hits the most home runs in a baseball season is the best power hitter. That's not how it works.

• Upvote (+1) 1

cKRZ3HB.png

God fucking dammit.

Oh I'm just now seeing this. Here you go BE. Don't disappoint me

R4QSywv.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

I agree dude is a stud, I'd just rather watch Frosty, I didn't say one was better at Halo than the other.

wrong person never mind

I was going to say his communication sounds really good to me especially lately. He is more vocal now, and makes play calls instead of just call outs. Also, he seems to have the best mind to go for power weapons and power ups.

I think him and Frosty have the highest ceilings of anyone playing halo right now. Both are improving consistently.

keyword lately. and keep in mind i said his communication tends to decline when holding power weapons, not his his overall communication being bad. this i attribute to him being young as we all got hype at monster plays until it became a normal occurrence. this however is the key difference between him and frosty; the latter plays with some of snakebites antifreeze in his veins despite also being young.

One thing Bungie always got right was the aiming - it felt amazing. Hopefully, 343 can figure this out, because Halo 5 has very questionable aiming mechanisms. 

I played a CE/H2 LAN for my buddies birthday on original Xbox recently and was thinking "Why is it so easy to aim"...A shooter made 15 years ago has better feeling aim the H5 does.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I said Royal 2 was the weakest player, not the weakest slayer. I also never mentioned Frosty in my post.

Both of those statements are certainly not absolutely wrong, but at the same time are absolutely debatable.

Factually incorrect? Lol. What? That's like saying whoever hits the most home runs in a baseball season is the best power hitter. That's not how it works.

you said there isn't a single thing he's great at that the others aren't better at

look up what "statistically" means. on paper, royal 2 is the best slayer right now. 

you said there isn't a single thing he's great at that the others aren't better at

look up what "statistically" means. on paper, royal 2 is the best slayer. 

Statistics also ignore context. How many kills did Royal 2 finish that he started in comparison to his teammates? How many kills were just him cleaning up one shots? What's the definition of a slayer? Is it a player who just gets the most kills? Or is it the player who gets the most kills by himself? You think it's simple. It's not.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Damn, never thought I'd see the day where "weakest player" and "Royal 2" would be used in the same sentence. Y'all are insane. They are the number 1 team. Trying to say who the worst player is, is just dumb. They all fill the roles required of them to make the team win. Smh.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Damn, never thought I'd see the day where "weakest player" and "Royal 2" would be used in the same sentence. Y'all are insane. They are the number 1 team. Trying to say who the worst player is, is just dumb. They all fill the roles required of them to make the team win. Smh.

You ever heard of a discussion forum? You're on one right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

You ever heard of a discussion forum? You're on one right now.

It's a dumb discussion. They are the best team in a team game. Trying to say who the weakest is based off of whatever criteria you make up is pointless. There is no discussion to be had because there are no facts supporting anything related to this topic.
  • Upvote (+1) 6