CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I personally don't think they're playing worse. I think that they stayed wayyyy out in front of the general H5 learning curve for quite a while. They always had and still have nearly perfect strats. Other teams are beginning to catch up in regards to team shots and how to play certain maps as efficiently as possible. I think Optic is obviously the best team still. However, a team with raw talent who can come together teamwork-wise and understand that it's a process will be able to challenge them.

That's why I hope nV sticks together for a while. A lot of the team makeups prior to these most recent rosters (namely nV and Liquid) honestly just didn't have the raw skill to put a dent in Optic. Even if a team played a gametype to perfection, they were still very likely to get overpowered by Optic's fantastic shots and freakish rotations.

Full disclosure, every "Optic" in this post read "CLG" until I remembered that the world was turned upside-down last week :kappa:

while i agree with this, and h8 to sound like a broken record, the refreshing of map settings also played a factor here. gametypes across the board are more prone to snowballing then ever before (see truth) when power weapons(and ammo) and autos have been added with little to no real logic behind them. why else do people truth slayer has seen action in months?

just like the last scrim, most of the lobsided scores are on the the snowball prone maps.

I personally don't think they're playing worse. I think that they stayed wayyyy out in front of the general H5 learning curve for quite a while. They always had and still have nearly perfect strats. Other teams are beginning to catch up in regards to team shots and how to play certain maps as efficiently as possible. I think Optic is obviously the best team still. However, a team with raw talent who can come together teamwork-wise and understand that it's a process will be able to challenge them.

The goal isn't to beat Optic once, its beating them some what consistently. 

Optic is just fine, even if they may lose occasionally. I doubt they will ever lose to another team consistently in actual, money on the line matches.

Things going for Optic:

Largest Halo Org

Most Fan Support(Optic Juice)

3 of the best 4 players in all of Halo

The best glue player in all of Halo

The smartest player/leader in all of Halo

The best comms in Halo

The least tilt factor of any team in Halo

The most clutch gene

More Money than any other team in Halo History....

Edit: Most likely to Teabag other teams

Anything else I'm missing?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Optic is just fine, even if they may lose occasionally. I doubt they will ever lose to another team consistently in actual, money on the line matches.

Things going for Optic:

Largest Halo Org

The best comms in Halo

The most clutch gene

Frosty stands alone on the teabagging talking point haha. Have yet to see Lethul, Royal 2 or SnakeBite tbag ;)

Things going for Optic:

Largest Halo Org

The best comms in Halo

The most clutch gene

I agree here, I think the tilt factor (or lack thereof in this case) is a big part of what makes Optic the best team. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree here, I think the tilt factor (or lack thereof in this case) is a big part of what makes Optic the best team. 

I still think it's because they have the 4 best players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Frosty stands alone on the teabagging talking point haha. Have yet to see Lethul, Royal 2 or SnakeBite tbag ;)

Snakebite probably frowns in disapproval every time frosty t-bags someone :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

For sure, but arguably at their best, players like Naded and Ninja for instance can run with the best but they can also flop drastically at crucial points that can lose series.

A lot of things play into being the best team but consistency is definitely key.

Huke is really really really good, I doubt anyone would say he isn't top 4. I would say you have to put him above at least one Optic player. I'm not saying swapping him out for an Optic player would improve them, because of chemistry, but he is so damn good.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Huke is really really really good, I doubt anyone would say he isn't top 4. I would say you have to put him above at least one Optic player. I'm not saying swapping him out for an Optic player would improve them, because of chemistry, but he is so damn good.

I agree that he's really good, but I dont think he's better than anyone on optic. Just my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like ya'll are dancing around not saying who you think is the weakest optic player  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

343 knows about heavy aim, neighbor had confirmed in ogre 2's chat about a week ago. So it's an actual issue, whether 343 cares enough to do something is a different issue.

Record thumbs and screen. Stand in one very precise spot looking at the same place. Compare still images of each frame as you turn one way. Do it once with heavy aim and once without.

Repeat until satisfied w results.

I would question the validity of anything using an analog stick, due to deadzones and the tester not applying exactly the same pressure every time. Xim (or other device that allows you to use a keyboard) + keyboard that lights up when you press a key. Camera that records at >60fps. I believe this is how people like battle(non)sense on youtube measure input lag.

Why do you say that?

His value is more situational than his teammates. He's more of a wild card by comparison. Great player but everything he's great at, his teammates are better. Except for the occasional scenario where he's used as an anchor, then he becomes the Kuroko of Halo. I could go more in depth but I don't want to be the next Audley. :simms:

I guess when it comes down to it, he'd be the last player I'd draft for a team out of the four on Optic. Snakebite would be my first pick. Best player in the game and it's not really close.

Edit: Strike the Kuroko comment. That was off the cuff. Probably not applicable. Guess it depends on perspective.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Great player but everything he's great at, his teammates are better.

I'm not sure if anybody in the league is as consistent a slayer as Royal 2

• Upvote (+1) 2

in pure gun skill/ shot accuracy? maybe

as in overall player? no.