CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Pistola is definitely a top 5 player again, he was destroying OpTic last night.  Once nV really clicks I think they can be #1.

It happens so frequently for me, that I feel like There's no way people that play the game at 343 don't get it also.

Yeah, but based on the fact that you're on this forum I assume you're at least pretty good at competitive halo. I highly doubt that people at 343 like tashi are good enough to pick up on small aiming differences (obviously the former pros there are different) and I doubt most people who play the game in general would notice either.

The pro/comp community is small and insular enough that this heavy aiming thing could be explained as a fad or hopping on the bandwagon of what the top players say. That's why we need someone to think of a good way of proving that it's a problem. I've seen at least 3 players on optic doing the start button thing so maybe they could use that "optic juice" to find a fan who can figure this out.

@@Mhunterjr

@@Kables

I don't think a video recording of thumbs on the controller would be able to pick up if you were moving the control stick at a steady pace. Maybe if someone held the control stick to the right as hard as possible and then saw that the turn speed was inconsistent in a frame-by-frame analysis or whatever.

meanwhile do we have any hints or speculation for the EX optic squad?

What you would guess, Stellur first choice pick up and played 3ups last night, was 7-0 before I stopped watching.

With Orgs, again the ones you'd guess are interested, Winterfox, Renergades, Elevate etc according to APG in a stream. Ace said last night the was nothing concrete so I'd guess it's moving along.

Ace seemed super stressed last night, I'm guessing it's the whole situation that's getting to him. I hope it gets sorted soon so they can get back to grinding and getting better.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, but based on the fact that you're on this forum I assume you're at least pretty good at competitive halo. I highly doubt that people at 343 like tashi are good enough to pick up on small aiming differences (obviously the former pros there are different) and I doubt most people who play the game in general would notice either.

The pro/comp community is small and insular enough that this heavy aiming thing could be explained as a fad or hopping on the bandwagon of what the top players say. That's why we need someone to think of a good way of proving that it's a problem. I've seen at least 3 players on optic doing the start button thing so maybe they could use that "optic juice" to find a fan who can figure this out.

I've seen that start button thing in streams. Is it a cheat of some type? Prevents heavy aim???

This is my chance guys 

:prayers:  :weback:

You'd probably forget to switch your monitor input  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 8

I've seen that start button thing in streams. Is it a cheat of some type? Prevents heavy aim???

I think it's believed to "reset" the reticle to normal but it could be a placebo.

Some people thinks it helps with the aiming issues Halo 5 has. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wtf is going in with OpTic ?? Why aren't they dominating?

I personally don't think they're playing worse. I think that they stayed wayyyy out in front of the general H5 learning curve for quite a while. They always had and still have nearly perfect strats. Other teams are beginning to catch up in regards to team shots and how to play certain maps as efficiently as possible. I think Optic is obviously the best team still. However, a team with raw talent who can come together teamwork-wise and understand that it's a process will be able to challenge them.

That's why I hope nV sticks together for a while. A lot of the team makeups prior to these most recent rosters (namely nV and Liquid) honestly just didn't have the raw skill to put a dent in Optic. Even if a team played a gametype to perfection, they were still very likely to get overpowered by Optic's fantastic shots and freakish rotations.

Full disclosure, every "Optic" in this post read "CLG" until I remembered that the world was turned upside-down last week :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

@person'sname

@@OniZealot

Sorry for the double post, but I didn't see this one.

If you don't want the "@" to show up in your post, type ""     (obviously don't add the quotations around the code)

Edit: realized that typing it as I did makes the code impossible to see. take spaces out of the following:

[ member = "member name" ]

@@Kables
@@Ugug

Moving maxing the stick in one direction is definately the way to go. The problem is waiting for it to happen.

I notice it happens to me every few hours of play time, Then occasionally it'll happen several times in one match. The unpredictable nature of it is what will make getting good video a pain. Just my luck, I'd be in a custom game spinning in circles for 3 hrs and it wouldn't happen.

I NEVER noticed it until just before the most recent update, now I can't help but notice it... I thought the pros were making shit up, then I felt it and I thought my controller was screwed up so I got a new one and went to wired... Same issue.

With pros complaining about it, I can't imagine that no one at the studio felt it yet. I don't even think you have to be competitive, because it's painfully obvious when driving a vehicle.

It happens so frequently for me, that I feel like There's no way people that play the game at 343 don't get it also.

The only way to capture it on video would be to have a camera on your thumbs while capturing video AND be making a steady, deliberate movement with the right stick while it's in effect.

I think its probably most notable when piloting a ground vehicle, because the camera turn speed is generally much quicker than when using a gun, but when heavy aim kicks in, it slows down to a crawl.

I've played ~3000 games of H5 and have never experienced it (to my knowledge).  On certain days it seems like I'm not hitting shots as well, but "heavy aim" doesn't seem to be the cause, at least in the way that pros are describing it; I tried hitting the start button for a week, expecting to see a difference at times, but no difference that I can tell.  Maybe I just live really close to the main Azure servers or something ...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've played ~3000 games of H5 and have never experienced it (to my knowledge). On certain days it seems like I'm not hitting shots as well, but "heavy aim" doesn't seem to be the cause, at least in the way that pros are describing it; I tried hitting the start button for a week, expecting to see a difference at times, but no difference that I can tell. Maybe I just live really close to the main Azure servers or something ...

Lol maybe it is latency related and that's why no one that works at 343 has experienced it. I swore it off until recently.

I dunno. It's crazy. Maybe I'm crazy...

There is  100%  heavy reticle some games. I don't know if it has to do with frame rate drops, or server lag, but it is there. Aiming is easier on a good server for sure.