CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Jesus people are so impatient. PGL tried to auto register people for day 2 and it didn't work as well as they hoped, they are working on fixing it. People complaining before the end result is just pathetic, sure you can notify of problems but that's not what people did. Makes us as a community look like shit.

If I'm not mistaken, there have been a number of previous online cups where some teams weren't added to the bracket and no admin actually fixed the issue, so those teams were SOL. 10 minutes before a tourney and i recognize my team isn't even showing up in the bracket puts me on full tilt, especially when i can't get a single response from ANYONE. I got mobstazz in my DMs more worried than any PGL staff member. If someone even looked at the bracket as soon as it was made, like they should of, they could of easily have seen it wasn't right and could have alerted all of us competitors of the known issue to put us at ease. People react in predictable ways most of the time. Tilt tweets will occur if they mess up and fail to pay attention to the community.

Had hella fun today, can't wait for OC! 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Get E6 to kidnap him.

I showed him all of their logos and such (he's a graphic designer) and he made fun of all them, so they're probably already on their way.

• Upvote (+1) 3

"Is it nerdy when I put my penis inside of your daughter?"

Then you run away. 

That would probably be the quickest way to ensure my death, but it might be worth it  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Optic nV scrim ended 6-8 in favor of Envy it's good to see these scrim scores are so close now I just want to see a Liquid/NV scrim and see how close the score is between those teams are after that 3-0.

• Upvote (+1) 3

scrims are good and all, but if teams choke in pro league it's all for nothing.  i just hope we get another great final 4 if they don't invite all teams, which they should.

Online pro league is fun, and it's great that teams can earn a bit of money competing online, but to restrict 4 teams from a chance at winning a LAN, a completely different environment, often with differing outcomes is ridiculous

• Upvote (+1) 3

Online pro league is fun, and it's great that teams can earn a bit of money competing online, but to restrict 4 teams from a chance at winning a LAN, a completely different environment, often with differing outcomes is ridiculous

Well there is the open events that give every team including the ones outside of PL a chance a to win some decent money but If I had to choose I'd rather have multiple LAN events then an online league.

:holmes: When using a gif goes wrong. Seems to be a problem for quite some time. This makes me wonder if the HCS Summit really accomplished a whole lot.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wow Lethul has gone full mental, pressing start several times a minute.

I feel like heavy-aim has gotten worse since this latest update. I dunno if pressing start actually prevents it or not (since I never think to do it until it actually happens).

Crazy that this hasn't been fixed yet.

Serious question: how do guys hold the ground pound for so long, and are still able to let it go to thrust? It seems like i charge it for a second and it sends me flying at the ground

Just keep holding the button. It can charge up for a really long time.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Last lights scrims

iUGA0IW.png

God I wish Pro League has player streams so I wouldn't have to deal with spectator mode, then I would actually go out of my way to watch it. At this point you're getting better insight from scrims.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If we want any fix to "heavy aiming" then we need to have video proof that the issue exists. This means a YouTube video or something that has a clear test that demonstrates beyond a doubt that aiming is inconsistent. Right now, 343 can just say that pros are being headcases and that the start button solution is just a placebo. Again, this kind of video can't just be a vlog where someone complains about heavy aiming; it needs to scientifically prove that this issue exists in a clear and easy to understand way.

I don't know how to make a video like that but somebody will. @@LethuL or other pros should offer the first person to make this video a year on their friends list or to run matchmaking with them for a month or something like that. Pros obviously have the most to gain from the aiming being fixed and they're also going to be the ones best able to incentivize someone to make a good video.

• Upvote (+1) 5

If we want any fix to "heavy aiming" then we need to have video proof that the issue exists. This means a YouTube video or something that has a clear test that demonstrates beyond a doubt that aiming is inconsistent. Right now, 343 can just say that pros are being headcases and that the start button solution is just a placebo. Again, this kind of video can't just be a vlog where someone complains about heavy aiming; it needs to scientifically prove that this issue exists in a clear and easy to understand way.

I don't know how to make a video like that but somebody will. @@LethuL or other pros should offer the first person to make this video a year on their friends list or to run matchmaking with them for a month or something like that. Pros obviously have the most to gain from the aiming being fixed and they're also going to be the ones best able to incentivize someone to make a good video.

It happens so frequently for me, that I feel like There's no way people that play the game at 343 don't get it also.

The only way to capture it on video would be to have a camera on your thumbs while capturing video AND be making a steady, deliberate movement with the right stick while it's in effect.

I think its probably most notable when piloting a ground vehicle, because the camera turn speed is generally much quicker than when using a gun, but when heavy aim kicks in, it slows down to a crawl.

It happens so frequently for me, that I feel like There's no way people that play the game at 343 don't get it also.

The only way to capture it on video would be to have a camera on your thumbs while capturing video AND be making a steady, deliberate movement with the right stick while it's in effect.

I think its probably most notable when piloting a ground vehicle, because the camera turn speed is generally much quicker than when using a gun, but when heavy aim kicks in, it slows down to a crawl.

Record thumbs and screen. Stand in one very precise spot looking at the same place. Compare still images of each frame as you turn one way. Do it once with heavy aim and once without.

Repeat until satisfied w results.

My apologies if this question has been asked in the last couple of days but any news on the issue involving ISPs in the UK? Is the EU league still due to start this week? @@TheSimms

• Upvote (+1) 2

Serious question: how do guys hold the ground pound for so long, and are still able to let it go to thrust? It seems like i charge it for a second and it sends me flying at the ground

Don't let go of the gp button before you thrust. You can thrust out of it all the way until it auto pounds.