CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

When you're spectating a scrim and the game adds 2 strongholds :apg:

iITiIUA.jpg

Rewatching Warzone in theatre will result in every boss having a -1 point value.

I eagerly anticipate how theatre mode will somehow get worse in the next game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

how much do you think bungie lets 343 use for these halo games? i bet there is a crazy copyright war going on about what programs 343 gets to use when making halo the game bungie created. must be a nightmare for developers knowing the tech is out there but they can not use it or probably even study it to make a version for their own use.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wtf is going in with OpTic ?? Why aren't they dominating?

Changing organisation really conflicted with their schedule and they had to hide it from other teams and so probably haven't been scrimming much recently. They'll be back on the grind now.

Besides, multiple teams being at the top is excellent for viewers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

how much do you think bungie lets 343 use for these halo games? i bet there is a crazy copyright war going on about what programs 343 gets to use when making halo the game bungie created. must be a nightmare for developers knowing the tech is out there but they can not use it or probably even study it to make a version for their own use.

If I remember correctly, Microsoft bought the rights from Bungie so Bungie cannot use anything related to Halo again. Could be wrong, just what I remembered
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Bungie doesn't own the copyrights tho, Microsoft does.

*Edit* Beaten to the punch

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I remember correctly, Microsoft bought the rights from Bungie so Bungie cannot use anything related to Halo again. Could be wrong, just what I remembered

Bungie doesn't own the copyrights tho, Microsoft does.

*Edit* Beaten to the punch

this makes me sad. i thought bungie was holding out. i wont speculate about something i do not know anything about. but h5 theater compared to h3 theater is.. something.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If Slayer Midship is in the rotation why is it that literally it never gets played.

I mean in ProLeague

Because the current version of it has terrible weapon placement and snowballs like crazy. It's just a giant spawn trap so it gets vetoed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

When you're spectating a scrim and the game adds 2 strongholds  :apg:

iITiIUA.jpg

The secret strongholds are all located in Coli blue attic

• Upvote (+1) 1

On top of that, 343 is clearly ran by assholes. We see this when people are blocked on twitter by 343 staff for asking legit questions and when they take forever to reveal game settings. These guys have egos. They want to make Halo 5 their own game even if certain features of Halo 3 were perfect. Its just a double edged sword because they should be making Halo 5 their own but theres a price when theres too much ego involved.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

EDIT: Someone already beat me.

meanwhile do we have any hints or speculation for the EX optic squad? 

Someone said they were playing with Stellur tonight vs 3sUp.

If you mean Orgs, I think eLevate, Renegades, and Winterfox have expressed interest.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Because the current version of it has terrible weapon placement and snowballs like crazy. It's just a giant spawn trap so it gets vetoed.

Interesting teams wasting bans in a symmetrical gametype

Interesting teams wasting bans in a symmetrical gametype

Gametypes that snowbally are pretty inconsistent, though, because it gives heavy favor toward the team that has the better opening.

Also, Truth TS is one of the closest to a 50-50 win rate (which actually means it's slightly blue favored when accounting for "Higher Seed->Red" logic some teams use in scrims.)  I suspect that's partially because the map is slightly blue all the way around, so Blue players can slip by undetected in some scenarios where red players would stick out like sore thumbs.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Serious question: how do guys hold the ground pound for so long, and are still able to let it go to thrust? It seems like i charge it for a second and it sends me flying at the ground

Gametypes that snowbally are pretty inconsistent, though, because it gives heavy favor toward the team that has the better opening.

Also, Truth TS is one of the closest to a 50-50 win rate (which actually means it's slightly blue favored when accounting for "Higher Seed->Red" logic some teams use in scrims.) I suspect that's partially because the map is slightly blue all the way around, so Blue players can slip by undetected in some scenarios where red players would stick out like sore thumbs.

If i were a pro i would train exactly the openings of Truth and get an extra veto since the other team is going to veto it. Like a blue side strat on LoL where you leave an OP out so they have to ban it or we pick it.

If i were a pro i would train exactly the openings of Truth and get an extra veto since the other team is going to veto it. Like a blue side strat on LoL where you leave an OP out so they have to ban it or we pick it.

Your opening's success depends on a few factors though...and it's part of where match-ups can come into play.

While your execution is a large part of whether or not an opening will work... it also comes down to what opening your opponent runs.  Your opening may be really effective against some teams, and not as effective against others.  And even then, come game day, it's possible things may be changed up in anticipation of things you do...so you can't be 100% prepared for what's going to happen when the game finishes loading.

And not all teams veto Truth, it's just a preference thing.  I'd say offhand (not looking at stats) Truth is probably in the middle of most teams' spectrum, so they'll leave it open if their PREFERRED gametypes are banned away, but they'll generally ban it in hopes of getting something else, where there's more likely to be a pronounced difference in ability on the map.