CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Last nights show was pure entertainment from beginning to end. Halo is in such a good place right now. Please for the love of Halo fix spec mode. It is the Achilles heel of the HCS right now. A few other complaints. Turn off player outlines. Use them when necessary not all the time. They missed a few flag caps and the stream needs less downtime.  

One more thing change the overtime rules!

• Upvote (+1) 6

I feel like this E6 situation is the primary cause of the delays. That, and the replays.

E6 series vs TL took 2 hours yesterday.

Don't forget that 7-6 Fathom flag game

Agreed with everything but this. That interview was hilarious

I will admit, It was awesome that T2 didn't put up with any of Cratos's crap, while still remaining professional about it. Perhaps E6 could learn a thing or two  :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Overtime rules should definitely change - replays just kill any momentum a team has. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's nice to see APG playing so good now if only he could play like this all the time.

He can play like this all the time.  People really just need to forget about last season. There was a lot of shit going against him.  He has been playing really well since relegation.

From a spectator pov, they're really gotta speed up this pro league. How is it starting a half hour earlier and going later? Today could have been because of how long the actual series were but even yesterday it went forever. ESL pls

100% this @@Vivi.  When i watch pro's scrim you guys move from game to game to game very quickly.  imo there shouldn't be more than 3 minutes between games, less than 10 between series.  You can see the viewership numbers drop during downtime. Part of the problem day 1 was E6.  ESL should have dropped the hammer harder on them IMO.  Part of the problem yesterday was that the overtime rules still suck. Everything after regulation should be sudden death period.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd be in favor of removing replays altogether. If the game is still tied after a period of sudden death, then given the win to the team who had the first 25 kills/ first cap of the game. That way, the beginning of the game has the potential to be as crucial as the end.

• Downvote (-1) 9

Replay rules are garbage. I'd rather watch 4v4 1 life octagon than replay of the same freaking map.

Current overtime rules make sense for matchmaking. But seriously how hard is it to have different rules for competition?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd be in favor of removing replays altogether. If the game is still tied after a period of sudden death, then given the win to the team who had the first 25 kills/ first cap of the game. That way, the beginning of the game has the potential to be as crucial as the end.

I see what you are getting at, but this doesn't lend itself to those dramatic comebacks we all love to see. Once you have the first cap you can afford to play for the draw with those rules

• Upvote (+1) 2

I must be the only one who enjoys watching Stasis CTF FeelsBadMan

I'd like to think I'm more an objective player in general but for me there is nothing more fun in the current playlist than running the flag on Stasis. I know the gametype in general isn't very popular but I feel like I can be super creative in my routes on that map. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I see what you are getting at, but this doesn't lend itself to those dramatic comebacks we all love to see. Once you have the first cap you can afford to play for the draw with those rules

Yeah the onus would be on the slow start teams to finish strong. We also know that trying to play pure defense in CTF leads to giving up caps I doubt you'll see teams content with sitting on a tie... Just like you don't see teams content with sitting on a 1 cap lead.

Hopefully no one actually thinks that EG is a better team than OpTic?  OpTic were playing terribly that series, seems like an off night (hadn't seen them scrim as a team for ages)

• Upvote (+1) 1