CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

• Better casting overall (@@Tsquared & @@Elamite work better together)
  • Less downtime, better videos (that Beyond touch)
  • Better player/team interviews
  • Audio issues lasted 2 minutes (if that), they restarted and it was fine from there out
  • There's only 2 casters, not sure who else you want to talk?

I'm guessing that the casters and ESL had no idea what happened until we knew on VISION. They probably scrambled but I think it came out fine in the end for what they had to work with. Spectator mode is always going to have issues until we get observer mode (if that ever happens). I'm not going to lie, towards the tail end of Summer Pro League it was a drag to get on and watch it. Last night was a big step up for me at least, I'm sure others feel the same.

Observer mode isn't going to fix the animation bugs and reticle being off.

• Upvote (+1) 3

• Better casting overall (@@Tsquared & @@Elamite work better together)
  • Less downtime, better videos (that Beyond touch)
  • Better player/team interviews
  • Audio issues lasted 2 minutes (if that), they restarted and it was fine from there out
  • There's only 2 casters, not sure who else you want to talk?

I'm guessing that the casters and ESL had no idea what happened until we knew on VISION. They probably scrambled but I think it came out fine in the end for what they had to work with. Spectator mode is always going to have issues until we get observer mode (if that ever happens). I'm not going to lie, towards the tail end of Summer Pro League it was a drag to get on and watch it. Last night was a big step up for me at least, I'm sure others feel the same.

• I agree with this, which is what I said as well.
  • Not sure how you are quantifying this, but ovbiously with the E6 stuff there was a lot of downtime. Sure, they can't control that, but I would really like to see them handle unexpected things better instead of just nervously and obviously stalling nonsense dialogue.
  • Again, how are you defining "better"? The interviews seemed the exact same as last season.
  • Happy they got it fixed quickly, but there were also ongoing issues with the audio in the filler videos they showed.
  • Why are you limiting it to that? They control how many casters there are, what the desk looks like. what graphics are shown on screen, what kind of analysis is done. I feel your thinking in a box. Why did all the graphics look like a middle school keyboarding class created them? Spectator mode is obvi still an issue.

Again, really not trying to be critical at all. I was just so hyped for the stream yesterday with the influx of new viewers, and the only thing I could thing the whole time was that this is a disaster.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Observer mode isn't going to fix the animation bugs and reticle being off.

People get confused because Observer mode was used on LAN so there was no reticle lag.

Problem would still exist using Observer vs. Spectator for the Pro League.

I know that there were a ton of anti ex CLG people in the community before yesterday, but it's insane to see how much support they have now with Optic. Ex CLG/Optic are undoubtedly the most popular team in the HCS scene right now

I know that there were a ton of anti ex CLG people in the community before yesterday, but it's insane to see how much support they have now with Optic. Ex CLG/Optic are undoubtedly the most popular team in the HCS scene right now

Yeah as a long time CLG fan it was really weird to see how they were always portrayed as the "villains" even though they have 3 really humble players and Lxthul. Sure, Frosty and Royal 2 throw some body disrespect in and talk some shit (in their own comms) every once in a while, but I still see them as very humble for the amount of success they've seen. 

I suppose it was a mixture of how Lxthul left EG, how he got 2gre dropped, and how much people love the twins/snipedown that turned everyone against them. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

even though they have 3 really humble players and Lxthul. 

This made me laugh harder than it should have.

• Upvote (+1) 8

• I agree with this, which is what I said as well.
  • Not sure how you are quantifying this, but ovbiously with the E6 stuff there was a lot of downtime. Sure, they can't control that, but I would really like to see them handle unexpected things better instead of just nervously and obviously stalling nonsense dialogue.
  • Again, how are you defining "better"? The interviews seemed the exact same as last season.
  • Happy they got it fixed quickly, but there were also ongoing issues with the audio in the filler videos they showed.
  • Why are you limiting it to that? They control how many casters there are, what the desk looks like. what graphics are shown on screen, what kind of analysis is done. I feel your thinking in a box. Why did all the graphics look like a middle school keyboarding class created them? Spectator mode is obvi still an issue.

Again, really not trying to be critical at all. I was just so hyped for the stream yesterday with the influx of new viewers, and the only thing I could thing the whole time was that this is a disaster.

Those are all such minimal issues and are unfortunately just a hazard of doing a live show - audio issues and dealing with unexpected changes happen on live TV shows too, sometimes you just can't plan for it and the audience has to be a bit forgiving.

The graphics were fine in my book, the same style as used previously in H5 tournaments and certainly very clear and well laid out. I don't get why people want on-screen information to be enclosed in some kind of stupid faux-technological over-detailed overlay. Simple and clean-cut is best, especially when trying to attract new fans.

As for casters, sure another caster could work out but bear in mind this is a pro-league, not a massive live event, and that Halo as an esport just does not have the same budget it used to. Having two really solid-looking casters in a good looking studio delivering what I considered to be far less formulaic and much more interesting interviews is fine with me - its similar to your usual Saturday evening sports show, and doesn't need to be overly crowded with personalities and talent.

Serious question, what would it take to please you? Because honestly I feel that ESL did the best they could to address the complaints from last season and that last night's show was a much more refined and enjoyable viewing experience.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yes.

LIke yes you knew beforehand, or yes you found out during Vision?  :kappa:

Edit: beat

How much do you guys think H3CZ paid to buyout CLG?

Nothing. CLG gave the halo team to Optic fearing if they remained in the halo scene E6 was going to come after their families  :lxthul:

How much do you guys think H3CZ paid to buyout CLG?

A life changing amount of money. 

The one thing NA still does that EU casters manage better is having the player outlines on in spectator mode. If there was an overall mini-map that viewers could see of both teams that's one thing but constantly seeing the player outlines through walls (excluding times when a flag is being run or a player has a sniper) is just ruining the viewing. EU casters have a good balance of when to use the outlines and then turn them off for the majority of the match and it really does help viewing. The other issue that leads to this is how little they switch viewpoints. Sticking with a player through multiple re-spawns wasting time doesn't keep the viewer in the thick of the action. I don't know about the community but I'd rather see things 10 seconds later and see the better action then just see one player for 3-4 minutes when they're not doing much half the time. Length of the stream last night was a bit long but as others have said, with everything that went on just before pro league and the drama with E6. Other than that everything looked to go smoothly.

Late to the party on this one but had class all day: With respect to nV and Liquid, Liquid is and has been the only team to make nV play uncomfortably and you can see that from even the initial scrim. It seems that each head to head match-up between the two teams favor Liquid until this nV roster can figure out (and the caliber of players they are, they will figure them out) Liquid will continue to be their kyptonite. Even when nV scrimmed CLG (now Optic) the way they played was their style and whichever team got control tended to control the game, but even that scrim ended 9-5 in nV's favor. nV knows those players, their playstyles together and therefore know how to play them. The 2 scrims Liquid had played them (sorry if I missed any) was Liquid 6 - nV 8, and Liquid 9 - nV 5. Now week 1 day 1 Liquid again wins 3-0. Liquid is a great team don't get me wrong but they just don't play well against other teams so much as just have an excellent match-up against this nV roster.

Liquid is a great team don't get me wrong but they just don't play well against other teams so much as just have an excellent match-up against this nV roster.

:)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Obviously this TL roster formed to take down nV who formed to take down CLG who is now Optic.

Now when TL/nV meet as 2/3 seed at the LAN, TL will knock them to LB to prevent the fall of Optic. They are the heroes we need but don't deserve.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ninja fans, roybox fans, optic gaming.

EG vs Optic tonight.

think the stream will hit 20k which would be fantastic.

sucks that it is the last match but w/e

• Upvote (+1) 5

Ninja fans, roybox fans, optic gaming.

EG vs Optic tonight.

think the stream will hit 20k which would be fantastic.

sucks that it is the last match but w/e

I know you're somewhat of a prophet right now, but don't you think 20k is a stretch? We didn't really see an increase when EG played last night.

• Upvote (+1) 3