CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Flamesword says in his newest vlog that he will not be coaching the new Optic squad. 

it'll be royal 1 actually, clutch is focusing on getting through sheriff academy (police school?) according to lethxl the god's stream last night

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Idk if I'm right but from what was said from Lethul in his interview, it sounds like Snakebite and Royal 2's contracts had expired. So instead of re-signing right away they looked at other options. Thus, Hecz and OpTic. Hecz probably had to buy out Lethul and Frosty's contract. Kinda like at the start of AW where he bought out Crimsix and Karma's contract.

Interesting to think if the Cod team wins XP does Hector make a move like this?  I kind of had the feeling he was going to ride with Nick for 1 last go around this season.  I feel like maybe Hecz was thinking he needed to make a move to boost morale after Champs and this was something on his mind for a while.

Interesting to think if the Cod team wins XP does Hector make a move like this?  I kind of had the feeling he was going to ride with Nick for 1 last go around this season.  I feel like maybe Hecz was thinking he needed to make a move to boost morale after Champs and this was something on his mind for a while.

Snakebite and Lethul have both mentioned this has been something that has been ongoing for the past couple weeks. So I'm guessing this was initiated before Cod XP.

I hope maniac stays involved in the halo community, but i can understand if he doesnt. I feel like something halo lacks that a lot of other games have is big casual streamers, and I think maniac could fill that role if he wanted to. But once again I wish nothing but the best for him in whatever he does. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Working on updating new teams and logos at the moment actually! 

Did you guys even know about this all going down yesterday or was it a surprise too?

Stellur left Liquid because he was promised 3k a month salary which is like 3x what a Halo pro normally makes. Turns out they were only offering 1.5k so he refused to sign the contract, but that was after rosters had been locked so he has to play for E6 until the transfer period. Both sides have handled it pretty poorly.

E6 handled it significantly worse.  Lying, threatening families, throwing games, shutting stellur out.  He said one stupid thing about not joining the team if he knew it would have been 1.5 k, but thats really it.  Lets not make it sound like they are even close to being equally at fault. E6 is the villain because they deserve it.

I think Hecz makes the move regardless.  There is no downside really unless CLG starts to suck (which is not going to happen).  Even if CLG starts to get challenged regularly, thats fine too. It just makes for more exciting matches.

I was glad to see that Lethul and Maniac were hanging out after the announcement.  I think if I were maniac i would be pissed at Lethul for being there, even though thats not a logical reaction (hecz move was logical). Good to see there are no hard feelings there and really just makes me more of a fan.

• Upvote (+1) 6

In what ways did ESL improve the production/stream of Pro League? Not to be a downer, because I thought yesterday was an awesome day for Halo and I'm super excited for this season, but I genuinely thought the stream last night was a disaster with no capitalization of the storylines, downtime, and audio issues. Still no creativity - just 2 people talking for long periods of time. T2 was the saving grace because he was fantastic.

Outside of all the drama and storylines which ESL don't control, what did they do to improve the stream in S2? Bringing in T2 is the only thing I noticed.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 22

E6 handled it significantly worse.  Lying, threatening families, throwing games, shutting stellur out.  He said one stupid thing about not joining the team if he knew it would have been 1.5 k, but thats really it.  Lets not make it sound like they are even close to being equally at fault. E6 is the villain because they deserve it.

I think Hecz makes the move regardless.  There is no downside really unless CLG starts to suck (which is not going to happen).  Even if CLG starts to get challenged regularly, thats fine too. It just makes for more exciting matches.

I was glad to see that Lethul and Maniac were hanging out after the announcement.  I think if I were maniac i would be pissed at Lethul for being there, even though thats not a logical reaction (hecz move was logical). Good to see there are no hard feelings there and really just makes me more of a fan.

lethul frequently says that some of his best friends or 3/4 of optic (maniac, apg, ace) so that makes it easy. the other thing is that I'm sure maniac realizes if presented with the same opportunity he would've done the same.

In what ways did ESL improve the production/stream of Pro League? Not to be a downer, because I thought yesterday was an awesome day for Halo and I'm super excited for this season, but I genuinely thought the stream last night was a disaster with no capitalization of the storylines, downtime, and audio issues. Still no creativity - just 2 people talking for long periods of time. T2 was the saving grace because he was fantastic.

Outside of all the drama and storylines which ESL don't control, what did they do to improve the stream in S2? Bringing in T2 is the only thing I noticed.

did you watch it? they spent 20 minutes basically doing a TB rewind detailing the biggest storylines with team changes and all that drama. Videos between matches went from 100% warzone montages to like 20% warzone montages/80% pro player montages. Not only was T2 a fun and natural caster, he made it easy for kyle to do the same. He asked pointed questions during interview and commented on plays with more than just fluff commentary. 

Sure there were audio issues, some of the hype was piggybacking from the optic visions but overall it was such a better viewing experience and ESL wasn't afraid to take advantage of all the drama and hype from the day.

• Upvote (+1) 2

image.png

• Better casting overall (@@Tsquared & @@Elamite work better together)
  • Less downtime, better videos (that Beyond touch)
  • Better player/team interviews
  • Audio issues lasted 2 minutes (if that), they restarted and it was fine from there out
  • There's only 2 casters, not sure who else you want to talk?

I'm guessing that the casters and ESL had no idea what happened until we knew on VISION. They probably scrambled but I think it came out fine in the end for what they had to work with. Spectator mode is always going to have issues until we get observer mode (if that ever happens). I'm not going to lie, towards the tail end of Summer Pro League it was a drag to get on and watch it. Last night was a big step up for me at least, I'm sure others feel the same.

has it been confirmed at all if observer mode is more than just an overlay with player info? it doesn't have any fixes for the poor reticle tracking does it?

Honestly after last night I have no more complaints except that an earlier start time might be more benficial for viewership both on the East Coast and in Europe. ESL really knocked it out of the park - I will admit that I went 'ohhhh hell no' when the stream started with audio sync issues and there was a bit of crackle on the montages that made the between-match breaks a little tedious but overall the production was swift, smooth and sooooo much better than Summer Season.

T2 and Elamite... what more can be said that hasn't been said already? Those two guys had me laughing my head off at times, T2 with his no-fucks-given savagery and Elamite with his 'oh shit, Tom's going rogue!' panicky looks, and both delivered fantastic commentary that was exciting, engaging and accurate.

I can see maybe an analyst desk or 'remote analyst' feature maybe being a good idea for after each match but to be honest this isn't anything that T2 and Elamite don't already do and the show already goes on for such a long time that I don't think it would be worth the hassle.

Great job, ESL and the commentary team :weback: 

• Upvote (+1) 1