CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think people biggest complaints that they were both on the west coast, which has been historically bad for Halo events.

My point that people were happy until one detail set off dozens of pages of unhappy campers still stands though.

People are generally pretty happy now. We have stories (Optic, LoL, E6 "Take my Family", Liquid beating nV, etc), production is up for the most part, we have a LAN every month even if it's not the best locations, etc. I'm just saying something, no matter how small, will set people off.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing either really, just taking note of the five stages of hype and despair TB goes through time and time again.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone else get real emotional for Maniac during Vision? Just sucks, H5 isn't his game, maybe a return for H3A  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 7

What a day yesterday.

Mediabrute posting from an undisclosed location while E6 is hunting him down with the Meme Police.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone else get real emotional for Maniac during Vision? Just sucks, H5 isn't his game, maybe a return for H3A  :kappa:

Yeah it sucked. I was getting the vibe that he didn't want to quit and people (including himself) were so critical of his gameplay along with the responsibility that he probably felt to perform for his org and teammates that he felt forced to retire

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah it sucked. I was getting the vibe that he didn't want to quit and people (including himself) were so critical of his gameplay along with the responsibility that he probably felt to perform for his org and teammates that he felt forced to retire

I'd like to know if he decided to retire after the team got dropped from Optic or before. Something tells me after.

• Upvote (+1) 6

If ESL pick up and see the idea of E6 throwing their game (cant see how they wouldn't) then I assume the punishment will be severe.

21834486.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd like to know if he decided to retire after the team got dropped from Optic or before. Something tells me after.

Potentially but afaik he is still going to be part of Optic either way making videos etc. That particular moment outside of how bad it would feel to hear you failed definitely hurt the other three more

Kind of surprised there was no mention of series 2 pro team skins on stream yesterday. Oh well, hopefully soon.

Damn with how crazy yesterday was I completely forgot about the skins. Hopefully we get some info on them soon. They've had a long time to work on them, especially if they're just releasing 3 more. I'm hoping for TL, nV, and ALG.

This was my initial thought after watching the segment too. I agree I think the Optic drop sealed the deal on his decision to retire. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think he was going to retire at all before he learned about this change. He had already grappled with that decision last season, and decided to keep playing and double down on improving the team. They had been playing a lot and getting better, which sucks that it came to this.

Ultimately, if he had to convince himself to keep playing FOR Optic, there's just no way he was going to be hyped enough to play for another org. That, plus being under contract for--and being able to make a living from--the rest of the Optic content and videos, drove him to just stop playing and solely focus on that, which I think Ace corroborated some of yesterday in his explanations. Didn't want to have to stop playing, but this was his best choice for a few reasons once he heard the team was being let go.

He mentioned in Vision that the team got dropped and he realized now was the best time to retire. Something along those lines. So after.

What sucks is that now people are going to think that I'm a League of Legends fan whenever I wear my CLG sweatshirt...

$30 shipped for a mint CLG Player Sweatshirt.  Hit my DMs.  

Need to make room for the OpTic Hoodie

Hecz talks about the team change

I've been refreshing my YT Sub Page all morning for this.